April 28, 2008 Read the full article →
Here are some personals ads I found on Craigslist tonight. Went here on purpose knowing I would find gold!
Breakfast in Bed? (Yuck!!! – I don’t want to see ANYONE at 5:00am, let alone a stranger.)
Consider getting to know me over breakfast in bed? I know this sounds completely out of the ordinary and you probably are thinking “OK I know where this is going”, but hold on. Seriously, breakfast in bed with a stranger. We set the boundaries, determine the proper attire for our breakfast in bed date and then order the food. I love the early morning hours so would like to do this between 5:00 and 7:00 am (I suppose I have just lost most of you). I want to sit side by side, pillow behind our backs, trays on our laps, fresh brewed coffee aroma swirling through the air, toast and jelly, perhaps eggs and bacon, OJ and some giggly laughter. After breakfast we get up and head off to meet the day.
Are you adventourous enough to join me?
April 18, 2008 Read the full article →
In lieu of yesterday’s sarcastic and totally fake personals ad that some of you actually took seriously, I want to pass on some tips on the right way to write a personals ad for dating online.
Online Dating Profile Tips
1. Be honest with yourself. What are deal breakers? What must you have and what would you like to have? Try to express these and then you’ll be on a roll.
2. Be funny. Don’t take yourself too seriously, but at the same time don’t go over the top with lame jokes.
3. Don’t post a picture of yourself with your shirt off. Please…oh, and drop the pics of you and your best friend Suzy snuggling up in a restraurant booth together.
4. Don’t brag about your amazing book collection and please don’t tell me how much you love to have candlelit dinners and slow walks on the beach.
5. Pick an appealing username. Don’t kill yourself with a play on words…try a play on something like your street name or your dog’s name. Please, whatever you do don’t pick anything like “BigJohnForYou.”
6. BE REAL.
FYI: I refuse to do online dating again after my past experiences with eHarmony. And after all it’s Spring – there are men every where. The coffee shop, the book store, the park …
Here’s my list on the Top Spots for Single Mamas to Meet Men. Thought it deserved another look now that spring has sprung.
What are your profile writing tips? I am definitely not an expert…I am an expert browser. So I am an authority in telling guys what not to post, as most of us women are … but guys – what do you see on the other side in profiles that turns you off?