Losing you has been quite the gain…

by mssinglemama on May 23, 2012

So, a few weeks ago we had a house guest…

Courtney Patton, one of Seth’s many Twitter connections. From Texas and in town for a convention, all the way up North, here in Ohio, she came to our door with an armful of sunflowers and wine. But we skipped the wine and went straight for the tequila.

I fell in love with her instantly and then, as she and Seth pulled out their guitars, fell in love with this song – the best break up song, ever, ever, ever and ever. Courtney is also a single mother and this song is absolutely amazing.

It’s so new it doesn’t have a name. Can you suggest a few names? Courtney is reading.

Find her elsewhere on all of her virtual spaces:

Courtney’s Website
On Facebook
On Twitter
And on Kickstarter, where she’s raising $ to record an album. You can fund her dream a bit. You can pay as little as $1.00. If you donate $10.00 you get a free download of the album when it comes out. And… you can help one single mama achieve her dream. As I write, Courtney has raised $8,173 and is less than $2,000 away from her goal of $10,000. If she doesn’t meet her goal, you get your money back. How awesome is that?

P.S.

If you want to hear one of Seth’s songs, click here. Also amazing. What a fun night that was… us single parents know how to appreciate it all. What we have. Not worry about what we’ve lost. That’s when you cross over into the light and find peace again.

1. Respect RX

{ 1 trackback }

Losing you has been quite the gain… | Women | Kenya
May 24, 2012 at 9:52 am

Skye May 23, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Gosh! What a voice!! :)

yvonnewrites May 23, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Wow, heartfelt, beautiful, talent loosened and unbound by tequila, heartbreak … and love. Thanks for sharing!

Alyssa May 24, 2012 at 12:45 am

Please take the time to watch and share this video. Marala Scott truly is an inspiration.
and her women’s retreat allows women the opportunity of self discovery, personal growth and conscious living by being free from the stress of everyday life. http://www.wix.com/maralascott/womensretreat

Raine May 24, 2012 at 2:45 am

Wow! Im so in love with that song and your voice. Speaks right to my soul. I am exactly where you are. I know there is so much life, blessing and joy ahead – despite this pain. Bless your heart!

Rebecca May 24, 2012 at 7:59 am

This is an amazing song and her voice is beautiful. It’s a song where you can feel her words in your heard if you have been through the same thing and I have. Amazing!

Mary May 25, 2012 at 9:45 am

Great song, superb voice. Thank you for sharing this. Considering donating a couple of dollars, wish I could go for more.

Heather May 27, 2012 at 10:23 am

Wonderful song. Very heartfelt and moving.

For the title, I like, “Little lies and a lace kiss” or the title that you gave your post.

Pinay WAHM Blogger June 3, 2012 at 10:18 am

Wow! What a beautiful voice. I’m in love with the texture of your voice. I can really feel every emotion you put into this song. What struck me in the lyrics is “Blessing in the pain” Keep singing, girl! :)

anton August 6, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I really love this one..Looking for partners? Why don’t you try this site? http://1mate.org/