Where did my baby go?

by mssinglemama on April 10, 2012

Look at him.

Can you believe how big he is? In his too short pants. Had to buy him new pants yesterday. He’s outgrown every single pair. I read a saying from another mom once that went something like this, “The days are slow, but the years are fast.”

And he is playing Angry Birds. Hence the angry face.

Also, Benjamin was labeled a “high energy” kid by his teachers in Kindergarten. After several consultations with the pros we found out that he does not have ADD, he has an intense sensitivity to sugar. I took all of the sugar out of his diet and – poof – the kid is a changed man. He still has his moments, but his teacher is astounded at the difference. We didn’t have a heavy sugar diet at all beforehand, but if you read labels on everything you’ll see there is sugar in so much of what we eat. It’s been over a month now and he’s totally on board. He doesn’t beg and throw fits for sugar. He just knows he feels better without it.

The book that led us to this revelation is here.

1. Where did my baby go?
  2. Oh yeah, baby.
  3. Santa, Baby
  4. Rockabye Baby…I want to kill the Barnes & Noble lady.
  5. Gone Baby, Gone

Nicole April 10, 2012 at 1:05 pm

does this include fruit, and bread? yes, sugar is in EVERYTHING. this is why it’s hard for me to imagine completely eliminating it.

mssinglemama April 10, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Good question – no added sugars at all. So, fruits are totally cool. We found sugar free jelly. Sugar free cereal is tougher. So, lots of eggs and bacon for breakfast lately. I am gluten-free, so it’s a natural extension.

SavoredLife April 10, 2012 at 2:19 pm

He *is* getting so big!

:D

Barb April 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm

He’s growing into such a little man! Adorable!

Stac April 11, 2012 at 11:30 am

I’m starting a gluten free journey myself. I was just diagnosised with Scleroderma last week. For the last five years I was told I had Idiopathic Gastroparesis (My stomach doesn’t digest quickly enough) and after a long five year journey we’ve finally found out why. So I read gluten free can help with this disorder, so I’m giving it ago. Any gluten free resources you suggest would be helpful :)

My child isn’t sensitive to sugar, but we read all labels to try and buy stuff with as little to no added sugar as possible. It’s just not good for anyone.

Chris R April 11, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Awe cute post! How they grow up right! It seems when I buy my daughter something by the time I get home I have to return it for a larger size!! But i guess thats the way..

Very good entry about the sugar. Things like Juice I heard are super high in sugars your children don’t need. Thats great he has adapted and is doing so well. What about easter!!???

Charity April 11, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Mine has the same issue. He’s only 3 but we figured out the white sugar thing really quick. For Easter we stuffed his eggs with frozen berries and sugar-free candy. He was an angel all day. Two days later we went to the zoo and he had a small cup of dippin’ dots. His Demon alter-ego appeared within 15 minutes. We are as sugar free as we can be from now on.

KQ April 12, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Diet really is a major culprit in childhood ailments. Bleached flour, sugars, processed, processed, processed…everything! We’d all be better off to stick to fresh foods, lean meats and ingredients we can pronounce. If only that came at a drive thru to make a working, single, busy, busy, busy mom’s life a little easier!

Brandie April 15, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I just discovered your blog and I’m really enjoying it so far. I know all too well about the kiddos growing up too fast. I’m glad you discovered a solution for your son! I’m looking forward to reading more and checking out your forum :) .

Sugar Daddies Online Dating May 25, 2012 at 3:55 pm

hi!,I really like your writing very much! percentage we keep in touch more about your post on AOL? I require a specialist on this area to solve my problem. Maybe that’s you! Taking a look forward to see you.

Kimberly R June 6, 2012 at 12:58 am

How did you find out it was a sugar thing? Did they do tests or was this a suggestion made from the Dr?

anton August 6, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I really love this one..Looking for partners? Why don’t you try this site? http://1mate.org/