A love letter.

by mssinglemama on February 14, 2012

I don’t tell you how often I love you.

But, I should.

Because without you, I wouldn’t be here.

When I left him, I left you. And while Athens was my refuge, you were here waiting for me to come back. And when I did – we flourished, little Benjamin and I. The reasons?

I found a progressive professional culture, a welcoming social circle of fellow parents and I could afford to live very well on less than my counterparts in the “bigger” cities. But you are just big enough for me, in fact – the perfect size. You have all of the urban fun a girl could ask for but you also have quiet, peaceful neighborhoods where Benjamin can thrive.

And you also gave me something else–something I can’t even describe or put into words–you gave me the opportunity to start my own business. It started with a laptop and an LLC license and now we are in your Downtown, right in the hustle and bustle of Gay Street. All seven of us.

Together we are creating amazing digital content for our clients, but we are also creating a company that isn’t profit driven – it’s driven by the fact that we love what we do. And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing. Because at the end of the day money is money and happiness is happiness–and, well, which would you rather have? Turns out if you are happy, money follows. But you already know that, because you are awesome.

So, we came up with this idea to tell you how much we love you.

We made you a Valentine’s Day Card – but it’s not finished. You have to finish it for us… your turn, Columbus. Click on the image to make your card.

Columbus, I love you with all of my heart. And happy birthday.

1. A letter to my future husband.
  2. A Letter To the “Other Woman”:
  3. Love and rear view mirrors.
  4. I LOVE being a single mom.
  5. Love, true and sure.

{ 1 trackback }

Money, money, money | DatingWithaSecret.com
August 20, 2012 at 9:30 am

Courtney February 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Love it. So glad that on this day of roses and chocolate you also remember what this beautiful city has to offer us. Happy birthday Cbus. When I was left to raise an infant on my own, you offered me a job/career that would put me back on my feet.

Tara February 15, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Money follows happiness? Huh. interesting. I’m pretty happy, but have not nearly enough money. I don’t think about money too much though….because I’m happy. Maybe something you should chew on.

mssinglemama February 15, 2012 at 2:43 pm

First, I don’t have a lot of money. Just want to clarify. I have enough to keep the business and my household afloat, but am no way swimming in it. I think the term “money” is relative.

When I threw away the idea of taking a job for money – and followed happiness, the money came anyway. That was my point. If you are truly happy and love what you do, the money – the money to basically survive at least – will come. I firmly believe that and also believe money is not a productive motivator. You have to be motivated by doing something you love!

SavoredLife February 18, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Happy Birthday Columbus!

Ameya February 22, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I’ve been reading this blog since long before I was a single mom, and before I lived in Columbus… but here I am, to both. I had no interest in the city when I came here for OSU, but now I’m over this school but SO in love with this city. I’ve always wanted to escape Ohio, but now I want to stay and be as involved as possible. :)

Happy Birthday Columbus! I went to the COSI party, I wish I could have made it to the black tie event! I tried being a student volunteer but I guess I wasn’t fast enough.

anton August 6, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I really love this one..Looking for partners? Why don’t you try this site? http://1mate.org/

farmville cheats download free July 29, 2014 at 6:52 am

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable experience
on the topic of unpredicted feelings.