Make me laugh.

by mssinglemama on August 31, 2011

That’s one thing I can’t compromise on the next time around.

I want him to make me laugh.

And I don’t mean I want my next husband (there probably won’t be one) to make me laugh, or my next boyfriend (that’s a long way off), or the love of my life (I’m a non believer in that sort of thing). To be clear, I want the next man in my life who I am romantically involved with to make me laugh.

That’s it.

Make me laugh.

Smiles, too. Lots of smiles. But laughing, that’s the best. And I’m a tough nut to crack. It’s hard to make me really laugh.

I loved your comments to my last post. I can’t get table concept out of my head. And laughter is something a someone could bring to our table.

1. How to Make a Toddler Laugh
  2. A Personals Ad that Will Make you Laugh Out Loud
  3. Fish, Bicycles and Tables
  4. A sweet little reunion.

Liz September 1, 2011 at 1:34 am

I am *COMPLETELY* with you on this one. Life is too short to be with someone who doesn’t make your face hurt from smiling or make you cry hysterical laughter tears. :)

Miss J Louise September 1, 2011 at 6:08 am

I love the moments when both are in the state of childsih giddiness and see another side him that you know not many peope have experienced. That is the type of laughter I miss with all my heart. I still have my sisters … and my little boy is perfect at this :)

Ashley September 1, 2011 at 9:04 am

I hope you find a man to make you laugh. Laughter is the BEST medicine.

I recently have started seeing a guy who makes me laugh and smile unconditionally beyond my control. I get so giddy and silly around him that I feel like a 15 year old girl all over again. I hope he realizes that this is because of him I’m like this and not because I’m a dumb bimbo! LOL

Best of luck.

Hydrangea September 1, 2011 at 11:05 am

I LOVE THIS too! I love the deep, genuine, makes-your-stomach-hurt kind of laughter. It’s a rare thing and hard for people to make me do but it can be done. I miss laughing like that, it’s been awhile…

Marisol September 1, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Funny how you went through all the titles to get to “the next man in my life who I am romantically involved with” totally with you!!!

Anna September 1, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Right there with ya, MSM on your qualifications of the next man in your life. And hell yes, he should make you laugh. Equally important, I’ve found, is being able to laugh at himself — the last one didn’t do that too much.

Momma Sunshine September 1, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Totally with you. CBG makes me laugh like no one else ever has. We have (mostly) the same sense of humour, and it’s so wonderful to laugh with him…

Melissa September 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm

thats funny. i was thinking about this very thing just the other day. I once had a date…well actually he was what i lovingly dubbed “the UNdate”…but i remember one date we had where HE actually pointed out to ME that his face was hurting from smiling so hard all night. That was, quite possibly, the best night ever. He is dubbed the UNdate because, between the two of us, we have 5 kids and 3 dogs, and two horrific exes. So…alas, it would not work out. To this day years later though we remain the best of friends. And he still makes me smile so hard my face hurts. Its one of those “if only” situations. (im thinking I sound remarkably like a woman with unresolved feelings for a man…) Maybe someday I will find this and have it work out. He is the only man ive known long term who still does and always will have the ability to make me smile like that…

susan September 4, 2011 at 4:43 am

on reflection i can see that the last relationship i was in was doomed from day one…he never made me laugh…

Tania September 4, 2011 at 8:50 am

I agree with you completely I need a man who will make me laugh not make me cry.

Valerie September 5, 2011 at 1:08 am

I got divorced about three years ago. I immediately made my list. You see I was married to someone who was serious all the time and never made me laugh… so laughter was at the top of my list. I met Troy (my fiance) four months later and haven’t looked back. I pinch myself every day at how lucky I am to have found someone who makes me laugh at least a half a dozen times a day. Here was my list.
1. Funny sense of humor.
2. Must have kid(s) (other wise they just don’t what being a parent is all about).
3. No military men (my ex was one).
4. No engineers (again, my ex).
5. Must be financially solvent.

honeybeemama September 8, 2011 at 12:00 pm

laughter is important, and it’s about a lot more than being funny. it’s about you being relaxed and being able to trust that person enough to laugh. laughter and smiling isn’t just about that man being charming and clever enough to make you laugh, but about knowing you and knowing what makes YOU laugh and loving to do so.

Sue September 8, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I agree. A man has to make me laugh if I’m doing his laundry! My site http://www.Koolagan.com is featuring articles about women and relationships. I hope the women on this site can support me :)

Kara September 10, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Agreed! Life is too short not to enjoy it and laugh. Smiling and laughing is good for our health and souls!

Max September 11, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Feel sorry for men, we want women who can make us laugh too! Yet there are precious few women who can make a man laugh. The closest I have come is a woman who just told me all the stupid things she did, she wasn’t meaning to make me laugh, she was just kind of ridiculously pitiful.
How many men can you make laugh daily? On purpose?
And making people laugh is HARD. It takes lots of energy and skill. Try doing stand-up and you’ll see. It gets harder when people don’t laugh, because humour is subjective. Being “a tough nut to crack” is nothing to be proud of. From his point of view he put in all the effort but you don’t have a GSOH.

Tales from a Bar Stool October 6, 2011 at 12:36 am

A man who makes you laugh is a keeper. Definitely in our top five deal makers. Not just a man who makes us laugh, but a man with wit.

Immor March 19, 2012 at 1:18 am

Hycle

anton August 6, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I really love this one..Looking for partners? Why don’t you try this site? http://1mate.org/