Montana, cont.

by mssinglemama on July 19, 2011

Montana blew up my computer. The battery literally overheated and popped out of the laptop. These were the photos I couldn’t upload.

Can you see why they were worth the wait?

This is on the dock outside of our hotel, the Many Glacier.

And this is what Benjamin looks like when he’s cracking up.

I can’t even remember the joke, but I’ll never forget this face.

Or this one.

But he had no interest in posting with me.  I made Ezra take the pictures anyway, because how often are you in front of a backdrop like this one?

I borrowed the sweater from Uncle Ez, because it was freezing there.

It warmed up the next day and we started a three day stretch of hiking. We saw so many views that were out of this world. My camera couldn’t capture it at all. But I tried…

There were waterfalls everywhere.

And Benjamin climbed everything. Remember our trip to visit Matt and Madeline in Joshua Tree? Not much as changed. He scaled the rocks like they were nothing.

This is St. Mary’s Lake.

And here we are. Everyone thought Ez as my husband the entire time, which was totally creeping me out. I mean – can’t you tell we look exactly alike?

How are you, mamas? Keep sending me e-mails and pictures. I love hearing from all of you. And share them with everyone else on the Ms. Single Mama forum.

1. Who takes pictures of you?
  2. Thanks, etc.
  3. Self-portrait
  4. Beauty

Marilyn July 20, 2011 at 12:52 am

Those are great photos… I recently went camping with my son in the Hill country of Texas for two weeks just him and I. Out of the two weeks, we cheated and stayed at a hotel for 2 days and then with a friend for 4 days, but other then that, it was camping with me (mom) and the little man (Jude). We had a BLAST!!!, and spent our days swimming the springs, rivers, lakes, and grilling at night. Many nights we found ourselves the only campers. This was really creepy at first but we quickly adapted, and found that it was actually very peaceful. My son thought I was the best mom EVER… It was two weeks of bounding and sharing precious time together that I hope he will carry in his heart forever. We had such a great time that we will definitely venture to other territory and spend our vacations camping, swimming, hiking, and exploring.

kader July 20, 2011 at 5:47 am

hello
iam kader 30 age i want know you plz
hop you good time
adaem12@yahoo.fr

Karen July 20, 2011 at 8:48 am

Wow. Those are beautiful pics! Makes me want to take my 3 boys there. Maybe some day.

Anna July 20, 2011 at 8:52 am

Wow. You should hit up the tourism board for some moolah, because I never had any interest in going there, but your pictures are so beautiful that I’m reconsidering!! : )

SingleMama July 20, 2011 at 9:36 am

BEAUTIFUL! I love his little toothless grin :)

Andrea July 20, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Oh I was just there too! Isn’t it so beautiful! We were very sad that the road to the Sun was closed in the middle but I am pretty sure have the exact same photo of my husband and I at St Mary’s Lake! We went to see the Many Hotel, we stayed on the Canadian side at Waterton Lakes. Are main focus was to see what and where to take the kids next year. It was hot hot hot though when we were there.

Glenda July 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm

My very good friend lives in Helena, MT. We were there last July for a wedding. Beautiful!!!

Love all of your pictures!

elizabeth July 21, 2011 at 4:15 pm

you and your brother have the exact same smile! some of my brothers, however, are a decade older than me and when we were little, people thought they were our dad. one of my brothers was absolutely crushed once when in college and out with my mom and younger sister and people not only thought he was my sister’s dad, but my mom’s husband!

rachael July 21, 2011 at 10:40 pm

love the pictures. your son and you together remind me so much of my kiddo and i. he is so adorable with his missing front teeth!!

Alanna July 22, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Your son is adorable! Thanks for making being a single mama look like so much fun and so easy! I’m a newbie (although I feel like I was a single mama even before my divorce decision), and it can be tiring at times with a 15-month-old. It really helps to read your blog!

Susie July 22, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I love the pictures, and I love Montana! I’m about to set off with my 2 and half year old son to Portland, Oregon for a week long vacation. I’ve travelled with him before, but this time he’s a little older, and maybe even able to form memories, so it’s exciting.

Erin July 27, 2011 at 4:19 am

I’m so sad I couldn’t make the trip out to see you there! It was only about a 6 hour drive from my house. Next time you swing by to visit Uncle Ez, please let me know so I can take you out to lunch at the Cracker Barrel or something! LOL! ;) We used to drive all the way out there just for that back in my single days. LOVED the pics, and so glad that you got to sample some of the beauty of the Northwest. Coeur d’ Alene is equally as beautiful! Ski at Schweitzer and you’ll never be the same…

Blitzkrieg Dating July 31, 2011 at 7:48 am

Those are some lovely pictures. What kind of camera do you use?

cheapbabystoresonline August 21, 2011 at 8:06 am

I like the pictures.

Pink January 19, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Your articles are for when it absoutelly, positively, needs to be understood overnight.

rqqikqdqxq January 20, 2012 at 5:07 am
anton August 6, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I really love this one..Looking for partners? Why don’t you try this site? http://1mate.org/