Easter

by mssinglemama on April 24, 2011

It’s hard to tell, but Benjamin may be growing faster than Cement Marketing. And that’s quite a feat, believe me.

Cement is up to seven (almost eight) team members. And Benjamin has grown an inch and a half in just the past two months.

Today, after an Easter Egg hunt in the morning we headed to a Clippers game in Downtown Columbus. In spite of the clouds and the rain… we still had a day. I’ve been a bit lax about taking pictures lately. I’ve even left my camera in the office for days at a time. But, today I kept it by my side from morning until night.

I also did something I rarely do–I gave it up.

First to Benjamin.

Who kept yelling and yelling, “No… really smile, Mommy!” Until he got it out of me.

It didn’t take long for me to turn the tables.

And then it was time to go.

And then to the nice man who gave us a few extra tickets on our way in. When we saw him in our awesome fourth row seats he offered to take our picture.

One hot dog, one bag of Cracker Jack’s, one bag of peanuts and two beers (and one water) later we headed home. And that’s when John Bear grabbed the camera.

I didn’t let John and Benjamin escape without a few pictures of my own. To see them check out the complete photo album.

I hope you like them. I know it’s been a while since I’ve updated the photo gallery and I bet you’re probably just as shocked as I am by Benjamin’s rapid ascension (literally) into full blown big boyhood.

1. The Easter Man
  2. Thanks, etc.
  3. Co-Parenting and Mrs. Brady
  4. Texas calling.
  5. Who takes pictures of you?

Lara April 25, 2011 at 9:30 am

One day we wake up and all signs our babies used to be babies have vanished! I was thinking about this myself when I looked at my 6 year old on the soccer field. Where did my wee one go, I mused. It’s lovely to see you all so happy. Enjoy spring.

Memoirs of a Single Dad April 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Love the pictures! And just admit you like having an excuse to wear the bunny ears. Or do you require an excuse at all?

Sassy Single Mom April 26, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Bunny ears were a lovely touch!

It’s great to see everyone out and about, having such a great time together. =)

grace @ahead April 27, 2011 at 7:19 am

your little boy is so cute! and the bunny ears, too! :) hope you had a fun easter!

I hope you can also check out our site at http://www.aheadinteractivetutorial.com. thanks!

Kristin April 27, 2011 at 8:50 am

That is one stinkin’ cute boy. You look really happy. :)

Jessica May 3, 2011 at 11:48 pm

hi,

i only started reading your blog yesterday while i was at work… im a single 23 year old mum from Australia and think that you are absolutely amazing.. i have complately and utterly enjoyed sitting here for the past 2 days at work doing nothing but reading your blog lol.. I feel like im reading about all the things that i go through every day. Your quite an inspiration and hope i can be as strong as you seem.. My partner and i broke up over a year ago and its just me and my 2 year old daughter.. Im doing ok but get a bit lonely at times but you have literally brightened my day just by talking about what you’ve gone through… so thank you..

Elena May 9, 2011 at 6:52 am

Love the blog!

I am a 23 year old single parent struggling to find work and moved back with my mom recently.
It makes me sad and anxious that I cannot yet provide for myself or my 1 year old.
I am often discriminated against because of my single status. has anyone ever experienced this? even at Mommy and Me classes the married older women are snubbing me. Couples don’t invite you over either.
I feel alone and scared . I listen to married moms complain about the struggles of parenting (and I know everyone has their struggles) but the people who complain have mansions and fancy cars and au pairs and nannies. and all their friends decided to have their babies at the same time. how great and perfect for them!! Not once will they think of what I am going through and to maybe invite me over for tea and a play date for our kids. That’s just how people are I guess. I had to learn fast that no cares or will feel sorry for you. It is a tough world. I wish for a friend with a baby that I can at least give my daughter play dates.
It gives me hope.