John Bear on Idol

by mssinglemama on April 17, 2011

I started watching American Idol again during our break.

I know, I know. But I have to say, I love the judges. And clearly I need to kill my TV again.

But in the meantime, John Bear is back and I can’t stop watching this season. After months of watching in solice, suddenly there was John and not without commentary.

Upon seconds of seeing Stephen Tyler, “Oh, come on! You know if you had told that guy 20 years ago that he would be on this show, he would have beat the S*%t out of you.”

And then Randy, “What is that on his chin?”

And then on Jenny.

Silence.

On Jenny again.

Silence.

I am wonder if it’s because she is so phenomenoly beautiful. I mean, can men even concentrate when they look at her? I barely can.

Then finally, when she snaps her fingers while cheering on a contestant, it comes,”Oh yeah, you know that’s Jenny from the block! There she is!”

And then I laugh harder than I have the entire season.

1. Meet the Bear
  2. A cramp in my style…
  3. A Single Mom Dating Show. It’s About Time.

ashlea April 18, 2011 at 8:01 am

And I laughed too! Thanks for passing a laugh along to the rest of us. So glad you guys are gonna make it happen!

SingleMama April 18, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Love the new judges :) . Glad you are so happy!!

Raida December 9, 2012 at 9:49 am

Rachel brought it this time. I think JLo was plarobby satisfied with this performance.Thia & Casey also get my vote. But what about Alyson Jados, my other favorite? We didn’t get to see/hear her sing this time and I saw her in the group standing behind Victoria.

Single Mom in New England April 18, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Forget about American Idol – Are you and John Bear back together? I guess I have been asleep at my computer! When Mama’s happy, everyone’s happy! :)

Julie Rickert April 18, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I love this season of American Idol and it is because of the new judges and new feel of the show. It is so nice to not have any stress and/or arguments between the judges. I like that they are more positive.

Memoirs of a Single Dad April 18, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I was skeptical once Simon left the show but I guess American Idol is bigger than even him!

amy April 18, 2011 at 10:47 pm

You also have to wonder what Steven Tyler would have thought about how much of a woman he looks like now some 20 years later!

Glenda April 20, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I love this new season and the judges. Definitely a new vibe to the show.

Hope you and John Bear are doing good and that you’re both happy along w/ Ben.

Blythe April 26, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I have to tell you something really funny….I had not read your blog in a while (couple of months) so I checked in a couple of nights ago. I read the Easter post (not the whole thing–just what shows before you click “see more” or whatever) and then I read this next one–about American Idol. My first thought was, “John Bear is on American Idol???? Wow–that must make it so much harder for her…..” and my next thought was, “I don’t even remember her ever talking about him singing or playing an instrument….I wonder if being on her blog helped him get on the show?” So then I go on to the next entry, where you tell all your readers that you guys are trying to work it out. OOOHHHHH…..Okay…that makes way more sense!! So then I go back and read the entire Easter post (and see the pix of y’all) and then reread this one–about American Idol.

So 1) I’m pleased to hear that you guys are going to give it another try but 2) disappointed to learn that John Bear is not on American Idol, LOL.

I don’t watch AI anymore after giving up cable last year but if he was on it, I was going to at least go over to my mom’s to check it / him out! Oh well. Enjoyed catching up….take care of yourself and your sweet boy.

Mohan December 9, 2012 at 9:55 am

Type in Albanian Drive Thru Mcdonalds under search!This is the next video for alabinans that need a good laugh. Its my uncle lashing out at the drive thru people at mcdonalds swearing at them in albanian for his? hot fudge sundae! hilarious haha