Trips and Titles

by mssinglemama on October 24, 2010

I spent the last half of the week in Chicago on a business trip. John Bear was there as well for a conference. We found an hour for dinner and site seeing.

The bean is a lot cooler than it seems in pictures.

But not nearly as cool as my aunt Terri and uncle Larry.

Chicago, as always, is beyond cool. But this time I wasn’t in the mood for the city.

Having just moved into our first cozy home on our first quiet street I just wanted to get back to it. And to top it off, I caught my first cold since May. I’m convinced it’s because I cut smoothies out of my morning routine when the blender was boxed up some where.

We came home to find Benjamin worse off than his mommy. We’ve both been horizontal all day with a John Bear at our side. There really is no doubt about it anymore. I am so far from a single mom now. I am not even a married single mom. I have a wonderful man who would do anything for both of us.

I can’t even fathom how I managed so long without him and he keeps reminding me, when I get twinges of fear at the idea of having another child, “you’ll have help this time.” More than help. He has no idea. It’s not just about having help, but at the very end of the day that’s what counts, what builds a foundation to help you into the next. Knowing there is someone who has your back, no matter what.

I have a new name, for the new blog… and the book. The single mom title will be formally retired soon enough, I know some of you are antsy to see it go. I don’t mean to be using the title still, it’s just here and changing and moving a website of this size isn’t as easy as it seems.

1. Holidaze
  2. 8 Days

{ 1 trackback }

The best rebound I’ve ever had. | Single Mom | Single Mom Blog | Ms. Single Mama
February 19, 2011 at 9:14 am

Bobbi Janay October 24, 2010 at 11:09 pm

Can’t wait to hear the new name.

Allison in the MN October 25, 2010 at 10:26 am

Being a former single mama myself, I completely understand the excitement about help. Isn’t it so funny that to our men it is no big deal to help & take care of us & our kids, but to us it is HUGE?! What we did before by ourselves was survival & now we really know what living is like!! I couldn’t be happier for all of you!

Glenda October 25, 2010 at 2:17 pm

so happy for you. can’t wait to hear the new name. yay!

A October 25, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Glad you had fun in the city I call home! Can’t wait to hear the name of the book and the website.

TwinCitiesLynn October 26, 2010 at 7:40 am

Why not leave this site intact as it is, right here, and start a new one, and link back to it? You’re starting a whole new life, new journey. If you decided to start a new diary, you wouldn’t copy all your writings from an old one into a new one, right? You could even have taglines on each: Chapter One the past is done, Chapter Two start anew.
Just my two cents :)

Thrifty Vintage Chic October 26, 2010 at 11:58 pm

all together thrilling! Waiting for the Manifesto in the mail … what a treat that day will be!!

sugardaddydater October 28, 2010 at 7:32 pm

How can you not be in the mood for Chicago? Cheer up for next time!

singlemama_cc October 29, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I am SO happy for you and Benjamin….John Bear is a perfect fit for your family:)
Looking forward to see what’s next!

Marilia November 1, 2010 at 8:35 am

I´m excited for your change of site. I´ve been trying to refer to you and it´s hard, the Ms Single Mama is a great title, but it doesn´t fit in your current situation. changing is brilliant.