Single Mom Beauty Tip: Clean Face

by mssinglemama on July 20, 2010

Remember my single mom beauty tips from back in the day?

Well, after such a heavy and incredibly exciting post as the last I’ve been sitting here stewing, completely at a lost as to what to write next. I mean what can compare to a virtual engagement announcement?

This morning as I wiped my face with my latest beauty addiction it occurred to me that nothing beats my new little face wipes. Nothing. Not even my own engagement (well, maybe they’d tie). I love them that much.

I’ve been using these little Say Yes to Cucumber wipes for two months now and my zit count has dropped dramatically, nearly zero now. I also have sensitive skin so it’s a challenge to find cleaning products that don’t irritate or aggravate. These do neither and are enriched with vitamins and all natural stuff so my face really does glow when I’m finished.

The only problem? They tend to sell out, so I buy them in pairs.

Buy them here from the source, Yes to Carrots. Or at Target.com.

I started giving single mom beauty tips to save single moms valuable time and money after many frustrating and disappointing purchases of my own. So, please leave your own beauty tips if you have them and keep on shining mamas!

Read all of my single mom beauty tips here.

——–

A few housekeeping notes:

• We are still house hunting because yet another home inspection wielded a basement with mold. John Bear are beyond spent on this entire experience. We have also concluded that house hunting is worse than online dating, something we both used to do before finding each other the old fashioned way.
  • I cut the prices on my new leaf necklaces. And every purchase still gets you a free copy of Ms. Single Mama Uncensored, my tell-all eBook and you won’t have to pay a penny in shipping.

1. Single Mom Beauty Tip: Your Face
  2. Single Mama Beauty Tip #1: Tan Towels
  3. Single Mama Beauty Tip #3: Facial in a box
  4. Single Mama Beauty Tip #2
  5. Single Mom Beauty Tip: Your Smile

Debbie July 20, 2010 at 1:09 pm

What is the new reduced price? Wasn’t sure if the price on the link was the old price or new price. I love the sterling silver version…and the story behind it!

mssinglemama July 20, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Good question. The prices you see are $10.00 less than before… I’ll go edit that now.

arscuore July 20, 2010 at 1:25 pm

I use the Ponds version and love them. I have sensitive skin, too. I think they are generally making better products now, so it helps to have recommendations.

Debbie July 20, 2010 at 4:15 pm

YAY – just ordered a necklace! : )

QuirkyGirlx3 July 20, 2010 at 6:18 pm

I use to be horrendous about the people who tried the online dating bit….I mean MEEEEAAAN about it. Serves me right that I got put in my place by a co-worker, so I gave it shot. 4 days later I started to email what would turn out to be the only man I’d meet trying out the on-line thing. My co-worker gets to have the last laugh since we’ve been talking about getting married. I realize that for some it’s awful. For me…he’s more than I ever knew I wanted.

Stac July 20, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I have major zit problems and after trying all the crazy medication based stuff out there I threw up my hands and changed to old fashioned Purpose Face wash and witch hazel after washing at night. I’m not zit free, but I’m a million times better!

holly July 20, 2010 at 10:42 pm

please quit blogging,youre a disgrace to single mothers,and my heart goes out to your son.I give it 2 years with “the bear” because your a desperate HOE,please retire your blog I’m begging you!

Lori July 21, 2010 at 10:04 am

Go get a life Holly. This lady is as much of a disgrace as you are good with punctuation. Interpretation- NOT MUCH.

Tara July 21, 2010 at 10:43 am

Smart reply regarding the punctuation! You may have to dumb it down a bit for this one though…

Tara July 21, 2010 at 10:39 am

What else is there to do but laugh at such a completely ridiculous comment? It doesn’t make sense for you to be here, holly. Please leave.

mssinglemama July 21, 2010 at 11:05 am

Sorry you had to see that everyone. I thought I’d deleted that one. She’s been spamming this post with multiple comments.

Ignore her/him.

Danielle July 21, 2010 at 11:06 pm

It would be you are or you’re, not “your a desperate HOE” Just so you know (see how I did that, I used the right know..not no?) Read a book or go back to school and quit reading her blog. I am not a single mother and love to read her blog and I am so happy for her that she has found someone. Everyone deserves their (oh I did it again, used the right their, not there! I am good!) someone.

Sunny July 21, 2010 at 9:25 am

I’m a Cetaphil gal. I use the cleanser and lotion for face and body (upgrade to the cream in the winter). No more expensive and disappointing trials into the beauty product world. It’s tried, it’s true and because I’m not messing about with different products my skin is now relatively clear.

Lesha July 21, 2010 at 10:05 am

I just bought Say Yes to Carrot Shampoo and Say Yes to Tomato Conditioner and I love them both! I’m going to have to check out the face wipes. I love thinking I’m creating a salad on my head…funny visual that gets me giggling in the morning.

mssinglemama July 21, 2010 at 11:18 am

Ooohh… I really want to try those, too. Thanks for the endorsement. Yes, the face wipes are amazing and I have tried other, less expensive major brand wipes. Not the same.

kris July 21, 2010 at 4:55 pm

Just ordered some. With so little time, I’ve always wanted to try wipes but never knew which ones to buy! Thanks for the suggestion.

Eva July 22, 2010 at 8:05 am

I’m not a single mama either but love reading your blog as I consider myself very independent Like all the mamas here:) I can’t believe the way our society judges people – don’t listen to the ridiculous comments.
Love the beauty tip – I wonder if they sell them in Canada

Mary July 22, 2010 at 10:44 am

I am a single mother and just wanted to say that I ADORE your blog! You have not only helped me through my struggles as a single mom but have also inspired me to be more open with everyone about the trials, both good and bad, of being a single mom. You are amazing and I just wanted to say, keep up the good work.

By the way, I went on a “Yes to” shopping spree because of your reference. I have been looking for good facial care products that dont break out my skin. I must say …. they are AMAZING. I got the wipes, eye cream, daily moisturizer, and the night cream! LOVE THEM! :)

mssinglemama July 22, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I have the night cream and the daily moisturizer too. Also adore them. Hard to find products that actually work so well, and so quickly.

Thanks for the pick me up Mary. And for reading. ; )

Linda Sullivan July 22, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Thanks for the tip. I also like the fact that you’re buying non-irritating and it says on the pack too that it’s organic :)

Candice July 23, 2010 at 12:07 am

Yes to Cucumbers is my FAVORITE face line — I had super dry skin and I hunted for something this good for awhile. It really is like a tall glass of water for my face!

Neenah Pickett July 25, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I’m in my 40s and feel like I’m reliving my teen years (okay, it’s not quite that bad). I heard Katie Couric say that about 10 years ago and didn’t get it. Boy to I get it now. I’ve tried most of the ones mentioned above and then some. They only time I had flawless skin was with this amazing dermatologist who gave me a series of facial peels a few years ago — and my insurance paid for it (because of acne and skin discoloration issues). So I got off cheap. Thanks for the tip. I’ll have to try those cucumber wipes.

Autumn July 27, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Bought a pack today! Can’t wait to try them out :-)

Meg July 28, 2010 at 11:50 am

oh my word. On your recommendation I bought a package of the cucumber wipes, this second pregnancy is kicking my tail in the skin department, I can’t wash my face with my normal stuff because the smell is to sweet for my ridiculous sense of smell these days…All that to say: LOVED THEM. Loved the light scent, loved the fact that they are fast, AND 5 days later I can say unequivocally that they are working like a charm. Now to go back and stock up!

mommybella July 28, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Omg I have been using say yes to carrots shampoo and conditioner for a long time and I love them. I have been eyeing the yes to cucumbers wipes, but afraid to try them for fear of breakouts… I have crazy sensitive skin on my face, but just tried them and it’s wonderful. thanks for the tip momma!

Another Lara July 31, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Picked some up at Target and am loving them! Thanks for the tip! And congrats on all the good news in your world! That’s wonderful!

Age Spot August 16, 2010 at 3:31 am

Hi,
As a single mom I look for natural looking beauty products on the go.I place a large emphasis on skin care.I make sure I choose gentle cleansers and moisturizers as well as weekly home microdermabrasion.I use natural makeup with a hint of color and always use bronze in the summer.I would love to learn how to properly apply eye shadow to look natural instead of bold chunky colors.

Melasma Treatment August 18, 2010 at 4:32 am

Hi,
I am using natural products to clean my face.Honey- Moisturizing the skin is essential as we quickly lose the skin’s natural moistures making it rough and irritated. Dry skin needs a lot of moisturizing but oily skin needs moisturizing too. A skin that is regularly moisturized has fewer fine lines, a smooth texture, less surface flaking and radiates a healthy glow.

acne reduction September 15, 2010 at 12:20 am

Hi,
Does anyone know of any natural skin care products?I was just wondering if anyone knew of any “around the house” skin or hair care products that work. I’ve heard of the whole ‘tomato paste’ and ‘egg yolk’ which do work. But i was just curious if there were any other natural things to clear up little acne problems or make your skin and hair shine.