Home inspection fail.

by mssinglemama on June 1, 2010

Major issues in the basement with water and such. And, yes, that is the last time I will tell anyone about a house before the home inspection clears.

Onwards and upwards (but not quite yet). No worries, the house just isn’t the one. Another will surface soon enough. Definitely a buyer’s market.

—–

And on a completely freaky note.

It has come to my attention, courtesy of a nice Dutch soccer player, that someone is impersonating me on Facebook and has been for quite some time. She or he is stringing along hundreds of men using my images, videos and who knows what else.

Screen shot 2010-06-01 at 9.42.13 AM

Now, tell me that’s not just about the creepiest thing you’ve ever seen.

Apparently I am not the only victim of online impersonation. Facebook already has a system in place to catch fakes. Can you do me a favor and click over to her/his profile. Then wander on down to the lower left hand side and click report as an impersonator. Enter my Facebook page URLĀ  as the correct profile: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ms-Single-Mama/42734601398

How’s that for a dose of Monday news?

One home inspection fail and one creepy impersonator. Check and check.

1. No place like home.
  2. Home.
  3. For my stalkers…
  4. How to change or hide your MySpace or Facebook relationship status
  5. Dear Ms. Coulter:

mommymae June 1, 2010 at 11:27 am

that is creepy beyond belief. i reported.

there are plenty of houses out there. you’ll find the one.

Ricci June 1, 2010 at 11:30 am

That’s really weird, when I do that, there is a message saying, problem loading page. I wonder if they removed it, or maybe to much traffic????

Ricci June 1, 2010 at 11:32 am

Oh, by the way, the house thing, is just like finding an apartment, it takes some time, but it’s well worth it…..

Naturally Single Mom June 1, 2010 at 11:45 am

What a letdown on the house. :( Good to know it now, rather than after you buy it, though, right?

And the impersonator? REALLY creepy.

Lorn Mullenix June 1, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Really sorry to hear about the impersonator, but it is good that you know about it now and can do something to stop it. Somehow… (?)

I am a licensed general contractor in Columbus, and have been building homes and renovating properties for almost 30 years. Until Nov. 2007 when the bottom fell out of that career path completely. Since then, I am working to develop my real passion, telling stories and entertaining with video. That is how I learned about you.

This is all just to say, I live close by and would be happy to look at a potential house for you if it would be helpful, before you pay to have a home inspection done. My wife manages the HER office at Kenny & Fishinger, and we are both very familiar with the housing market in the areas that you are considering. We also have two 25 year old daughters who just bought a condo together, so I know a little bit about that, too. Just saying.

Best of luck with your new home search.

Lorn

mssinglemama June 1, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Thanks Lorn! I’ll let you know… my mom’s best friend is actually a home inspector and he is on tap for us.

I will be in touch if I need anything though. Thanks again.

Mel June 1, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I went on Facebook to do that and your link has an extra http:// in it. Just thought I’d let you know that might be why Ricci wasn’t able to do it.

mssinglemama June 1, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Just fixed the link. Sorry about that!

Mel June 1, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Hey no problem :) Just glad it was an easy link fix

Savannah June 1, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Don’t forget to also report them for trademark/copyright infringement, since they’re using your photos and videos.

singlemama_cc June 1, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Holy creepyness batman! Reported.

Best wishes in the house hunting~

Erin June 1, 2010 at 4:17 pm

She changed her profile pic – crafty devil…..

mssinglemama June 1, 2010 at 4:48 pm

What the? Oh my gosh… creepy is as creepy does.

Bridget June 1, 2010 at 4:57 pm

and now she has 399 friends? Up from 298?

Alaina, I hope you kick her internet butt!

mssinglemama June 1, 2010 at 7:38 pm

I think she/he started today around 398. See picture up there for reference. Phew. That scared me for a minute.

BriBedell June 1, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I was just going say she changed the picture already….stupid weirdo’s! My good friends sister uses her pictures to get men. (they don’t speak to each other) Now that is wrong!

Jen @ follow my bliss June 1, 2010 at 5:38 pm

OOOF! There will be other homes, just like you said. The impersonator, though, is scary and disgusting.

Star June 1, 2010 at 6:49 pm

My dream house failed inspection too. Now it’s on short sale and cheaper and is pulling at my heart strings but I DO NOT want to live in a moneypit ;) Onwards and upwards…last house I bought it turned out the first two houses I lost bids on were nowhere near as perfect as the one I ended up buying! :) Don’t worry…it’s out there…and now John Bear has time to get this done properly!!!!!

Shiang June 1, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Wow, what a day you’ve had…About the house, I’m a HUGE believer that things are meant to happen for a reason & you were not supposed to be there! I have moved so many times in the last 12 years and there has always been a reason/person that’s come into my life where we’ve lived who has remained a special friend in my life and/or a life lesson attached to it. The right one will come along! That has got to be super-frustrating though! Hang in there!

mommietopearl June 2, 2010 at 10:08 am

Reallllyyyy Creepy! I reported her/him yesterday. I clicked on the link on your blog and it said page not found….. hopefully that means Facebook took care of them. This makes me so nervous, I have a love/hate relationship with facebook.

Rich Woman Hunter June 11, 2010 at 11:48 am

That is the worst thing I’ve ever seen! I mean, damn, why should people impersonate other people? is it for doing illegal things or doing things that they cannot do with their own facebook profile? I think they are big losers and cowards.

Pam June 15, 2010 at 10:31 pm

If you are moving anywhere near the cleveland area and need an electrician to pass inspection, let me know…my bf is an electrician and he has very affordable rates