Benjamin and Public Transportation

by mssinglemama on May 3, 2010

Just in case you were wondering what the cutest boy on Earth looked like inside of a light rail train, or whatever Chicago’s CTA is…

here you go.

CTA-2And no, you can not keep him.

1. Conversations with Benjamin
  2. Dread Pirate Benjamin
  3. Video: Cowboy Benjamin thwarts Mommy.

Canadian Bald Guy May 3, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Funny…I was wondering that very thing just the other day.

Question answered.

Heh…

SaucyB May 3, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Omg precious. Reminds me of a recent vacation when we were on the bus to the rental car kiosk and my 4 yo was sitting there looking at a huge roadmap like it was a newspaper. :)

Random Esquire May 3, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Oh man, that’s the *exact* look I sport when I take the El to work. ;)

He’s a cute one.

-R.

Sara May 4, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Very cute, I am actually going to Chicago next weekend with my son, we should battle it out with the pics. Haha JK! Your son is adorable!!

littlemansmom May 4, 2010 at 4:44 pm

but can I just squeeze him? He is tooooo adorable! :)

arscuore May 4, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Awwww!!

Maya May 5, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Just happened into your website and never blogged before so please bear with me, I’m even really sure if I’m doing this right. But I love your necklace and curious about your book, so here is my entry to your “fear of dating question.”

First a little about me. I didn’t want kids until my mid 30′s. For years I worked like a lunatic thinking that career, success, money bla bla bla would make me happy. Well it didn’t and the harder I worked the more unfulfilled I got. By my mid 30′s I was lonely and miserable and realized perhaps I didn’t have my priorities straight. I waited until I was pushing 40 before I realized that really wanted to have a baby. I was in a relationship but quickly realized he was not “the one” or “a one” not to mention he would have made a horrible father. Six months of therapy later I came to the conclusion that “hey, I CAN have a baby and a family without a husband.” With the assistance of modern medicine I got pregnant and had the most perfect, wonderful, handsome little boy EVER. So fast forward, my son is almost 4 years old. Having him was the best decision I ever made, I only wished I had realized it sooner.

My son and I have been blissfully living our life until one day my son came home from school and asked “mama where is my daddy?” Holly Sh….t! I haven’t dated in over 4 years, which by the way answers another one of your questions from an older blog. I have a long list of fears regarding dating again. Highest on the list would be that he would be horrible to or for my son. This can come in many different forms from the obvious not treating my son well to treating my son so well that if me and the guy don’t work out would break my son’s heart. I have other fears too but well…I’m sure you don’t want to read a novel about my insecurities.

Maya

Carmen May 6, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Yeah, my 5 years old boy soon or later will ask for this same question. I’m worried about that, the psych told me it would be better to answer “your daddy worked as a daddy for just a very short time, and after he went out”

Do you think I have to tell him this?

Please, Alaina, I know that’s is not your personal situation, but, please, could you start a post about this question, regarding to help the mummies like Maya, or me, who are single mummy ‘with no daddy’?

What would be better to tell our kids?

Thanks
Kind regards

Maya May 7, 2010 at 3:54 am

Oops I didn’t realize I had missed the deadline and I post my entry in the wrong place. Oh well!

I’m leaning towards telling my son the plain honest truth. Maybe not get into so much detail at first and as he gets older just provide more information as he requests it. I don’t want to start off with a lie and just keep adding on to it. I don’t want him to distrust me.

Ater my son asked me where his daddy was, I told him that sometimes kids don’t have both a mommy and a daddy, but maybe sometime in the future we can get one. His reply was, “can’t we go to the store and get one?” Gee I wish it were that simple. I mean wouldn’t that be great, 30-day trial with a full money back guarantee, return for a full refund or exchange if it doesn’t work out. Ahhh yeah right.

Sorry I know that is silly, but its late and I’m starting to hallucinate and maybe this will just be yet another one of those things I will rethink, overthink, and obsess over and regret in the morning.

Maya

SaucyB May 6, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Hi there,
I’m not a single mom myself, but I have really been enoying reading your blog. I think it is extremely well-written. And for that reason, I have just given you a blog award! All of the details are on my blog at http://www.lifeofsaucyb.com

I look forward to your future posts. :-)

Lucy May 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm