Absent, with reason

by mssinglemama on April 21, 2010

I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately but things have been crazy in these last final hours before the first Sway Social Marketing Workshop.

There are still a few tickets left for the Sway Search Workshop (all about SEO) this May. Hint. Hint. You should come. Tickets are here.

I’m so busy, all I can give you is this quick photo – evidence and a glimpse that my life is a whirlwind right now.

Single Mom

The ultimate multi-tasker, I’m on the phone, talking to none other than my ex-husband to see if he is indeed taking Benjamin this weekend (which he is). Brad, my office mate and constant source of inspiration in all facets of life, is taking my picture for this very blog post.

Ex phone call. Check. Blog post picture. Check.

Telling you about my new bangs. Refer to photo. Check.

Achieving the ultimate life and work balance. Hmmmm…. not sure about that. Will keep you posted but I think I’m getting warm.

How are my mamas doing? Everyone loving this Spring weather or what? Any new flames or independence found?

1. We’re gonna do this.
  2. Self-portrait
  3. Top 10 Sexiest Twitter Dudes
  4. Daddy is coming back.
  5. For my stalkers…

MommaSunshine April 21, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Life is a whirlwind here, too. Found myself the perfect job. The only problem? It’s only a 6 month contract (though may be renewed – hopefully!!).

Oh – and it needs to pay more. heh. But lovin’ it just the same. :)

mssinglemama April 21, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Yes – in this economy a 6 month contract is a miracle. Congratulations!!

albert May 1, 2010 at 7:31 pm

any one knows what Seo does in terms of websites.i love dating website currently on http://www.dateclass101.com and its a great site of meeting people

Nakia April 21, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Life isn’t really a whirlwind over here, but things are going. Still looking for a job…. :O(

But…more interesting than that, at a gathering with BF’s family, Kaleb lets everyone know that BF and I are getting married and that we will have a baby “for Christmas”. Haha. If only.

jen April 21, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Life always a whirlwind. Working single mum. Work 4 days a week plus other bits and pieces here and there. Son plays sport, I’m his sport team manager this season! I’m in a new relationship – nearly 3 months now and if I thought I was busy before I’m a damn site busier now. I should blog about it. Because I obviously want to spend time with him I find I’m fitting in my other household duties in the times when I’m not with him whereas I used to spread them out over the weekend.

This weekend we’re off for our first trip together – camping – with his two kids and my one. Fingers crossed for us ey?

PS: We call short hair at the front a ‘fringe’ in Australia, not bangs.

@morgandaycecil April 21, 2010 at 10:23 pm

1. Love the pin-up girl bangs.
2. Love the Spring weather we are having.
3. Falling ever more in love with my husband weekly.
4. Still trying to figure out this work.life.romance.parenting. balance thing.
5. Grateful for the whole pie of life, though, in sum.

love you.

JJ April 21, 2010 at 11:09 pm

All I could think of when I saw the new ‘do is wow! you look like Julianna Margulies. Gorgeous!

christine April 21, 2010 at 11:36 pm

my life is not so much whirlwind as life raft, drifting slowly toward hopeful, eventual land. BUT nearly 4 weeks ago i joined a bootcamp style workout. i’ve been going 5 days a week and i love it. it is the only thing in my life that is just for me. i’m finally (16 months later!) losing the baby weight from my second daughter. it reminds me of being a high school athlete, and the strong, sassy, (in shape) girl i used to be.

Gitte April 22, 2010 at 4:50 am

Just a quick thought: Your new hair-do looks AWESOME!!!

Senior Online Dating April 22, 2010 at 8:27 am

I know what it is with things going crazy and all work loads…that hair-do comes automatically when no time to comb and it looks good on you Mssinglemama :)

Stac April 22, 2010 at 8:44 am

Life is always a whirlwind, but I don’t think I’d like it any other way….I work best under high-stress situations I find.

I quit smoking….5 days and strong. (so that probably adds to the whirlwind feeling) Using the patch, I’ve “tried” cold turkey many times over and it never works, usually only make it a day or two before I’m cheating…but this time feels different. I even got through a confrontation with the ex without braking down and smoking. yay!

My boss figured out it would take 2.5 years of not smoking to buy a pink vespa. Gotta have goals!

Sara April 22, 2010 at 9:42 am

..always a whirlwind – took a course to try and help me find my ‘calling’ – going after your big life plans… one of mine is to live overseas, so I took the bait and got in touch with a high school friend who is a big shooter over in Europe. Maybe he needs a personal assitant and provides free daycare? Who knows – but it’s a step right? AND my boy and I are flying away for the weekend…he’s most excited about going on a plane. Life is sweet.

Sara April 22, 2010 at 11:46 am

my life is always a whirlwind, but it is going really well just like yours! :) Finished this semester with school, work is going well, and my kid is so fun, I adore him. The weather here in Minneapolis, MN is fantastic, no more -17 degrees! If I happen to be in OH in May I will try and come to the Sway Search workshop.

Have a great day everyone!

P.S. Love my new leaf necklace and bracelet!!

Kris April 22, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Love the new do! Since I got divorced almost three years ago I’ve been changing mine up every 6 months or so. Haven’t quite found which one is “me” though. thank God my hair stylist is patient! Other than my hair dilemmas…life is good. Job I love, almost three year old birthday party next week (we are trying a “joint” party with my ex this year..wish me luck) and a date next week. Don’t really know or care if this guy will be for me or not but having a glimpse of a social life will be nice.

Barbara April 22, 2010 at 6:53 pm

My life is a bit of whirlwind as well. Said adios to the fiance. It is a requirement for the next guy that he do more than just tolerate my children. Amazingly enough I am very much at peace about this and am getting so much more accomplished. My job is ending at the end of next week but this too is a blessing in disguise since this has been the worst job I’ve ever had. Don’t know what’s on the horizon but have faith that it will all work out. The only thing I’m really stressing over is that the kids will be gone a majority of the summer and this will be a first for me. I’m going to miss them sooo much but I am working on game plans to keep myself busy.

I like the new do!

Ms. Single Mama April 22, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Amazing how much free time we have when the men drop out of the picture, huh? Relationships are full-time jobs in and of themselves, but if they’re not worth the effort – definitely right to throw in the towel, and more power to you for being honest with yourself and having the strength to bury the hatchet and move right along.

Tracy April 22, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Love the new bangs!

Life is plugging away here…packing, preparing to move, football practice, work, wedding plans…phew! Now I’m all out of breath!

Joanne (Jo) April 22, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Hey Ms.Single Mama,

I’ve been checking out your blog for the past few months now after typing in “Single mom blog” into the google search engine. Your blog is by far the most interesting that I’ve stumbled upon. I’m a 31 year old single mother to an 8 yr old daughter. Thanks for keeping life’s daily adventures fun, uplifting, and most of all: real.
Look forward to future entries.

-Jo

Ms. Single Mama April 24, 2010 at 2:07 pm

So glad you found me and thanks for the props on my little blog here. I always try to be as real as I can.

Darcy April 22, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Hi! I just found your blog tonight, and I’m so glad I did! I am a single mom with two beautiful children, 4 and 7. My ex left in Oct 2006, and I have been working on getting my life back together (very successfully, I might add!) ever since. I have had primary custody of my babies up to now. I lost my job last July, got a grant to go back to school (my dream) to be a teacher. Also met an awesome guy last July, and we want to be together. I am just finishing up my degree, and want to move an hour down the road to begin our life with him. Well, that’s the kicker. Now my ex is telling me I can’t go, we are going to trial in August for the judge to decide whether I can go and move on with my life. He is sueing for shared custody. I can’t believe it. I have bent over backwards to have him in the kid’s lives, and now he doesn’t want me to move on with mine. It’s an hour away for God’s sakes. I keep telling him we can make it work for everyone, but he’s not budging. Sucks. All this stress, time and money being spent is ridiculous. There I’m done. Just had to vent.
I am so looking forward to keeping up with your blog. I watched a couple of your videos and read your past posts. You really seem to have the same outlook as me. I too took my time to get back to dating. I took a year, and I always tell everyone that is the minimum time. I also got to know myself again before dating anyone else. It was the best thing I could have ever done. And now, I am happy. Except for this one little glitch. Please cross your fingers for me. I am trying to stay positive, but at the same time I’m a little terrified of what is going to happen in August.

Ms. Single Mama April 24, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Sending tons of strength into the universe for you. Maintain your stress about the situation… that will help tremendously. And find the best lawyer on Earth.

Darcy April 22, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Oh, and I just cut my bangs too! :)

Dawn April 23, 2010 at 11:11 am

I’m romping in the garden all summer long. Last deadline ends on May 15th and I’m free till school starts again. FIrst time in my life … I think I need a leaf necklace in celebration of my vacation.

Ms. Single Mama April 24, 2010 at 2:06 pm

You deserve that time, relish in it.

xoxo

Irene April 23, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I found my independence this spring. It took almost a year and a half for me to finally work through my feelings for my daughter’s father. Your advice to keep the conversation about our child really did work. It is so much healthier for us to not know everything going on in each other’s lives! I’ve been able to step back enough to let the father/daughter relationship really blossom. And now I’m taking a leap of faith and steering my career in a new direction. I’ve attempted this before and always fell back into my comfort zone, but raising my daughter without much help has been very empowering. I finally believe in myself enough to make it happen! Yay for exciting new beginnings and a better life for myself and my daughter!

Ms. Single Mama April 24, 2010 at 8:41 am

So funny how that happens – huh? I remember when I felt this way and I can tell you – it will get even better.

Irene April 24, 2010 at 10:34 am

Yes, I can feel it in my bones..that this is my time to come into my own. When I was pregnant I met a wise, spiritual woman who told me there are two types of women: the kind that give up on themselves and their dreams when they become mothers, and the kind that truly blossom and become empowered when they become mothers. I think we all fall into the second category! :)

Hanna April 23, 2010 at 6:36 pm

I got a new job. I’m moving 6 hours away. I ended one FWB situation and am moving closer to the other one. Attempting to create a smooth custody transition, but God Knows how that will go. I’m excited. I’m scared.

Ms. Single Mama April 24, 2010 at 8:42 am

SO tremendous.

Nichole April 24, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Just found your blog too, very refreshing. I am having a kid free weekend, full of catching up on house cleaning and laundry. sigh. I moved 6 hrs away from my ex, with his permission (at first) with my two kids, 2 and 6 last November. Finnally got a full time job, for peanuts, but have been struggling financially, after working 3 part time jobs (one of them is serving in the Army National Guard). Applying for child care assistance, if that comes through I can breathe a little easier. My 2 yr old has hemophilia, which he has had problems with lately, resulting in trips to the day care and ER. Just when I thought I had a handle on things..but i am doing it. It is not easy, my job is very physical, and I am exhausted everyday, but I try to make the best of spending time with my kids before bed time everyday…I have dated a couple of times but not sure I really want to dive into all that…being lonely sucks though. Glad I found you!

Hairstylist mama April 26, 2010 at 3:31 pm

I love your new bangs! Inna did a great job! Hope Benjamin is liking his “undo greatclips” hair cut!!! He’s a doll baby! Love your blog!!! Great stuff!!!

carpinteyrouqb July 23, 2012 at 7:12 pm

af Aften Gameplay som f酶lge af Robert Pinsky beats by dre tilbud
Alle “Upside-down Split” besat din ex Pouncing omkring, Twirling hele foruden at komme op med en arbejder til computer. pigen smed til s忙de, Om deres igen, sammen med fjernet din k忙reste bagbenene inde luftstr酶m, bryde disse individer udskilt, og derudover vinker disse mennesker hele vejen rundt. (I dette tilf忙lde pigen faldt ind fra computer, dog damen forsikret os at er aldrig organ skifte)