Never say never

by mssinglemama on April 11, 2010

If you would have asked me one year ago if I’d a) fall in love with a man or b) actually be caught dead on a golf course, or in this case a driving range; I would have clocked you silly on both counts.

But you would have been right.

Exhibit a)

John Bear

The man, the myth, the John Bear – sporting his new long locks, dashing aviator glasses and, as always, his easy, contagious laugh.

_MG_9556

Lead weights, baby. Absolutely astounding.

Exhibit b)

Me, thanks to Exhibit a, golfing and yes – enjoying it.

Golfing

Looks like I’m holding a baseball bat, although I wouldn’t know how to hold one of those either.

Girl golfing

And then my attempt at a perfect golfer follow through.

_MG_9719

Conclusion

_MG_9536

[Although, if you must know the truth, John and I totally ditched Georgia by Day 3 and fled back up North to Asheville, North Carolina. Pictures in my Spring Gallery.]

P.S.

Thanks to all of you who snapped up the first New Leaf charm bracelets and necklaces, the first batch will be mailed out this week. There are about a dozen of each remaining in this limited edition pure sterling batch. Shop here. Or, stay tuned for the more affordable bronze new leaf necklaces coming back in a few weeks now! Exciting.

1. They’re here…
  2. Crunches and Necklaces
  3. Big Things
  4. Believe
  5. Going, going…

Elizabeth April 11, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Asheville is incredible. I went to college close to there. I am glad you are having a wonderful vacation! You deserve it :)

Sara B April 11, 2010 at 8:56 pm

So glad to see you guys taking some well-deserved time off to enjoy each other!

Jill April 11, 2010 at 9:25 pm

John Bear is adorable!! You lucky lady you :)

mssinglemama April 11, 2010 at 9:36 pm

I know it. So adorable… must patent the John Bear clone.

Irene April 12, 2010 at 12:03 pm

I love that you got to experience Asheville. I lived there for five years and would move back and ditch GA (Atlanta) too if my daughter’s father wasn’t in the picture! Glad you got to vacation at the beach and the mountains! I’m dating someone great and we will be doing our first road trip together soon…always a good test for the relationship. :)

ame i. April 12, 2010 at 6:39 pm

What a beautiful post! I lurk, rarely comment, but had to tell you I’m thrilled for you.
After I lost my late-husband, I never thought I would meet another man, roadtrip happily with him, with and without the children, in a convertible. He traded it for a Charger, the convertible started hurting his back during the 90 mile each way commute he agreed to make after we married so the girls & I wouldn’t have to move.
They have been his children, he has been their Dad & my husband for 3 years now.
It can happen!

mssinglemama April 12, 2010 at 9:25 pm

That’s so awesome Ame, thanks for sharing. Thrilled for your entire family. ; )

Jim Brochowski April 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Classic pics. You’re a natural!

Karissa April 13, 2010 at 3:47 pm

How did you like the golf? I’m pretty good at mini-putt :)
I am in love too and because of this I have been following soccer, and going to games
(now if only I could get him to come to yoga with me)!

nice pics too :)