Pitter Pat

by mssinglemama on April 4, 2010

Benjamin wakes up. Then he pit, pats down the stairs in the darkness while calling my name, “Mommy? Mommy? Can I cuddle with you?”

This morning when he jumped up into my bed I realized that his giant kid body now spans from my head to my knees.

It’s hard when you’re all wrapped up in creating a life to step back and take a fresh look. But there’s no denying it anymore, my baby is definitely gone.

Benjamin Funny Face

See? Total kid.

No doubt about it and no going back. But I can still kiss the snot out of him.

_MG_8993

And if you think you spotted Mia and Sydney in the first photo you’d be correct. I’m pressing her to get to another blog post for us.

You’ll hear from her soon (I hope). And in the meantime.

Happy Easter!

Sunny April 4, 2010 at 10:43 am

Get those kisses and snuggles while you can! My little guy (6) still likes to snuggle but he’s totally over kisses unless he wants something and I use a kiss as payment. Makes me sad but it’s part of the “little man” growth process.

Bobbi Janay April 4, 2010 at 12:47 pm

He is getting so big.

heather April 4, 2010 at 3:52 pm

I smiled when I read your post. When I realized how big the boys became, I knew that I was ready for another one!! I have four boys that are 3 1/2 to 4 years apart. Hmmmm…..maybe you should consider that???? 🙂 Happy Easter!! He is a cutie!!

Dee April 4, 2010 at 7:08 pm

HoPpY HaPpY EaStEr!!! ;}

Cibele April 4, 2010 at 11:02 pm

A big boy indeed. Happy Easter. Can’t wait to hear from Mia again

Julie April 6, 2010 at 10:15 am

My youngest is turning 9 tomorrow and I tell him all the time (as i am kissing the ever loving snot out of him) that i am going to kiss on him while he still is still all “soft and squishy” . He asked me to give him a Zerbert the other day. 🙂 Enjoy it while you can!! My oldest is 12, and zitty, (LOL) and I am lucky if I get a hug out of him…so eat up those cheeks while you can!