Free Spirit

by mssinglemama on January 12, 2010

When I met Sheila we were at a single moms play date in Los Angeles.

She was soft-spoken, understanding and gentle.

single mom, sheila arkee

I had no idea she had it in her to leave her unrewarding and negative work environment to break out on her own. To blog about beauty, to create her own jewelry and to pave her own path.

But she did.

She took a leap of faith and as we speak she is looking for that faith to kick in.

If you need a blog writer, a photographer or a social media consultant – contact Sheila. See her work here. Or, if you want to support her do one even better and buy a piece of her jewelry on Etsy (each piece ranges between the $10.00 and $20.00 range).

As a thank you, if you e-mail me a copy of the receipt for your purchase on Sheila’s Etsy site I will send you a free copy of my eBook, Ms. Single Mama Uncensored.

Because us single mamas have to stick together… without each other, where would we be?

1. Men. Shopping. And FREE stuff (from under my couch).
  2. Toddler-free (for one week?)
  3. Try SingleParentLoveLife.com for Free.
  4. Smile (Brighter) Contest
  5. Whispers

mommybella January 12, 2010 at 10:35 pm

holly cow sheila… wow what your doing takes a lot of guts! I give you all the credit in the world. If only I had the strength that you do. I hope you have your dream come true. It’s true we single mothers have to stick together!

OneWomanShow2010 January 13, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Sheila,

I support you fully! I looked at your jewlery and it is phenomenal. You are very talented. It does take courage to live your dream and I am proud of you for stepping out into the vast wide open to give it a go. From one single mama, freelance artist to another, go get em’ girl! :)

Please stop by my page when you get a chance and let me know your thoughts. Ms. Single Mama inspired me to branch out and start a blog of my own. It is in development but, I think it is going to be helpfull to those of us on similar paths. Mine is very different from Ms. Single Mama’s and in my own way I am just looking to gain blogging experieince for my business and help others along the way. Any benefit worth gaining is found on the path not easy to travel. With every hill we climb and every turn we navigate, our growth increases and our strength rises above. My thoughts, prayers and positive karma are with you in your journey!

My New Blog, Orchestrated Healing: Getting back after divorce, http://onewomanshow2010.wordpress.com/

Have a great day ladies and stay strong! :)

Sincerely,

OneWomanShow2010

OneWomanShow2010 January 13, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Oh, may I also post a link to your jewlery on my pages? You have a true talent! I already know what I will be ordering, as soon as the pay check comes in. LOL… Being your own boss also means being your own collections department. ;)

Sheila January 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Mommybella – thank you!

OneWomanShow – yes, of course! Thank you so very much for your kind words and kind thoughts. I’ll stop by your blog in a bit!

Everyone – just to let you know, Alaina is one of the kindest, most giving people I have ever met. She has been such an amazing support system to me throughout the way, and I am lucky to call he my friend. Thank you, sweetie.

This road I’m on is a bit scary, but I knew deep in my gut that I had to take it. Of course, looking at my bank acccount is a bit scary these days, but I am working so hard and am postive that some good things are around the corner. xoxoxoxoxo

Shannon Kieta January 14, 2010 at 5:35 am

WOW, She is gorgeous! Her jewlrey is fabulous! Good luck in all you set out to accomplish. It’s a tough world out there, it’s good to have a support system. You are lucky.

Erin January 15, 2010 at 6:05 pm

I hope she has gotten what she needed! We single moms need to stick together!

Apples February 27, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Aww! I lost track of everyone and found my way back to your blog. I met Sheila, you and Matt at the same playdate. She really is amazing!!! As are you and Matt also!
I just wanted to say hey and I am alive and well! Figured this would be a great place to say that..