What Next?

by mssinglemama on November 30, 2009

Until my new leaf necklace creator gets back from her European vacation this Spring, I’m exploring options for my next Ms. Single Mama piece of merchandise. And, as usual, I am dying for your input. So here are the options on the table now. Vote for your favorite after browsing.

1. A sassy single mama apron, like so…

sexy apronBut ours would probably be covered in leaves with a dash of sexy and cute pinks and reds. Thanks to the Sassy Apron shop on Etsy for this picture and to Made By Amy D in Columbus for working with me on this.

2. A New Leaf Ring, like so…

leaf ring

This may not be the exact ring, although I do like this style. But just keep in mind – there are SO many leaf rings out there. Ours would hopefully be custom designed and created by an Etsy.com seller.

3. A cool tote bag, like so…

Tote_Bag

Like this tote bg, for Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, ours will also have a custom symbol – maybe a few words, but something that is simple and sweet.

4. Or, a super cute t-shirt.

You all know what super cute t-shirts look like. Like the tote, it would also have a custom symbol, designed just for us!

Now vote for your favorite.

If you don’t like anything you see here, please leave a comment with suggestions. If you do like one of these ideas, leave a comment telling me why and what you would or wouldn’t want the product to have.

1. Our New Leaf
  2. Single Mom Friday Zen
  3. My Super Hero (a Contest)
  4. New Comments
  5. Your Turn…

Libby November 30, 2009 at 7:49 pm

I was torn between the ring and the tote, but chose the tote since one size fits all! The apron—who wears aprons? I think your market would be very narrow on that one. Great choices and great way to get feedback!

Barb November 30, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Busy moms can always use a tote!

Jamie November 30, 2009 at 8:32 pm

I would definitely be the most likely to wear/buy a ring. I think that the apron is really cute, but I don’t currently own an apron and have never thought about buying one.

Bobbi Janay November 30, 2009 at 8:43 pm

I love the apron, I want an old style apron like that so bad.

Theresa November 30, 2009 at 9:22 pm

I LOVE the apron. I have been looking for a cute, vintage looking one for a while. I really love this one because of the look and the meaning. When I have dinner parties I’d love to have this covering my outfit until I got done cooking- I’m always spilling something while cooking. I also love the ring! I’ve got a bunch of totes. 1 from every store/salon etc I go to. :)

Rachel November 30, 2009 at 9:25 pm

I LOVE Amy D. She just gave me an apron to promote and it is so well made.

However, a bag or tote might be more appealing to more people. Do you know about the local shop Skreened? They do the printing and shipping for you and would probably work in a customized card if you wanted to include one.

Kathryn November 30, 2009 at 9:43 pm

I love the ring, but I like the tote too. You can always use a good tote bag!

christine November 30, 2009 at 11:25 pm

i am a total sucker for aprons, but i’ve already got a kitchen full of them. i’d use a tote everyday. i’m not a big ring wearer, but i like the idea. i’m excited to see what you come up with!

JOLENE December 1, 2009 at 7:02 am

I love the apron. I have always wanted a nice apron that I can wear every Sunday morning while cooking breakfast. Something that my kids will always remember me wearing during those special times together.

Susan December 1, 2009 at 7:52 am

I love the apron…I never had one, even though I’m always cooking.

Nydia December 1, 2009 at 8:20 am

I’m all for the ring! I love the apron, but I’d have no real good use for it since I don’t cook or do dishes very often.

I guess I could wear it outside or something?

Nah! I’ll stick to the ring lol …

Julie December 1, 2009 at 8:24 am

I love the symbolism of the ring — a new leaf. Next pick would be t-shirt. Apron is darling but I wouldn’t use it. And I’ve got a house full of totes.

Gina December 1, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I love the tote idea, plus what a great way for essentially free advertising for your website. So many people will see the bag while it is out on the town, versus an apron that will only be used in the home. Whatever you choose I am sure it will be wonderful.

MJ December 1, 2009 at 9:58 pm

I think the ring would be awesome. I’m personally not a single mama. I’m a college student. But, I think the idea of turning a new leaf from a wedding ring to a leaf ring is a powerful statement.

Stac December 2, 2009 at 2:24 pm

I love the apron and the tote….of course I have about 70 zillion totes, purses, and messenger bags.

Speedgirl December 2, 2009 at 5:39 pm

I know we already have jewelry, but I love the idea of a single mom right-hand ring!

Ms. Single Mama December 2, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Thanks for the awesome feedback… I’m soaking it all in. Looks like the ring is ahead! But maybe I should make a ring and an apron and tuck them into a new tote!

June Bug December 4, 2009 at 11:13 am

I love both the apron & the ring….I want to choose both equally so instead of filling in the little “bubble” on the survey I decided to post a comment to express my love & admiration for both!! : )

Hope you choose one or the other, or maybe, just mayyyyybeeee you’ll choose both!!

Glad to hear your had a happy thanksgiving, tree picking & decorating….be sure to take time out to enjoy the long haul ’til christmas….this is my favorite long haul of the year…..playing santa and running around senseless to get it all wrapped and fancied up!

Take care!

Alexis December 5, 2009 at 6:21 am

I think the tote because we always need one to bring something with us…and if it was a special one- well we would always use it.

Jill December 8, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Love the apron. Retro and so cute!

Metro Ethernet May 7, 2011 at 5:24 pm

well I vote for the option who says> love them all, I love the apron, the ring the t-shirt everything, but I really have a lot of purses so I do;t need more, so I hatre the idea of the purse

Sabra Hoes October 18, 2013 at 3:50 am

So sorry you may skip the workshop!