I’m not crazy

by mssinglemama on November 19, 2009

Really. I’m not.

Why? Because E.T. says so. See? He’s clearly communicating with me here – sending me a telepathic message that the cute kid holding him needs to be the center of my life and that everything else must come secondary. But to keep the cute kid educated, happy and fed, I must sacrifice myself to do so… well, kind of – at least temporarily – or until I adapt to my new workload.

ET Doll

I am sorry I have been so scant.

Work is work and there is a lot of work at work. Did you follow that? If not — translation = I am even busier than before. Isn’t that lovely?

Adaption is coming though, I can feel it. I will have time to breath again soon. Either that, or I will be dead and they’ll have to scrape me up from the floor. I tell that to my co-workers often and they laugh – but what they don’t know is that I am serious. Single Mama Collapsion Syndrome. It happens. And that’s my name for it, so bug off.

Must adapt. Must adapt. Phone home. Phone home.

Someone please.

Beam me up. I need the weekend.

And when I get there I’ll announce the winners to my eBook Work It contest. Have not forgotten, just too busy to gather the winners and post.

1. Brave or just crazy?
  2. Toddlers are CRAZY!!!
  3. Flying
  4. The test for any single working mother: the morning wake up.

Anne Y November 20, 2009 at 1:27 am

Good luck with everything. I hope things start to settle down soon.

Melissa November 20, 2009 at 5:12 am

Hang in there! The weekend is coming, I can feel it….

Stac November 20, 2009 at 6:33 am

Single mama collaspe syndrome…good name for it. I had that moment on Wednesday but I called it a “Single motherhood selfpity moment”, but when I dared to complain about it I got the typical “well you picked this life” response from my dear mother. But then this morning I received a text message from my son’s father randomly telling me I’m doing a good job….I think he’s trying to butter me up for something, but I basked in the message anyways :)

Ms. Single Mama November 20, 2009 at 7:27 am

Gotta love it when the ex says you’re doing a good job. I haven’t had one of those texts in over a year. Our relationship has completely changed recently and not for the better.

Stac November 20, 2009 at 11:15 am

Don’t let that text fool you. While I was glad to get it (and in much need of positive thoughts), our relationship is a torrid rollercoaster at best. He just re-entered our world after being MIA for 2 years. He came back humbled and a bit broken….damn me for having this never ending urge to make sure he’s ok. But over the last few months he’s started to make an effort at fatherhood. Sure it’s alittle late, but I guess better late than never?

Anonymous November 20, 2009 at 7:15 am

Yep, Single Mama Collapsion Syndrome…..happens to me every Thursday night at 8pm! Then I rally to get through the last day of the week, and enjoy every moment of an equally busy weekend! My married friends think I’m insane, but I’m having more fun! I think. :) On another note, how do you ever leave the house with that beautiful head of hair available to play with?!?! Love that boy’s hair!!!

Ms. Single Mama November 20, 2009 at 7:27 am

I know! His hair is to die for! We are growing it out again…

kristen November 20, 2009 at 10:40 am

I like it. SMCS

I often give this analogy for my life – every morning i wake up, and while still half asleep, i pick up 5 balls and start juggling. some days i drop them all immediately and spend the rest of the day trying to find them and start juggling again. other days i drop them one-by-one. i never really get to put them down. even while sleeping i am juggling. in fact, i think one of the balls is sleep. it gets lost a lot.

Katherine SOLO dot MOM November 20, 2009 at 10:59 am

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Hey you would say the same thing to me!

Can’t wait to hear more about your world soon… we will be here…. waiting. :)

arscuore November 20, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Just keep swimming… just keep swimming… just keep swim-ming!