A note

by mssinglemama on October 28, 2009

I  love all of you.

I miss all of you.

I will be back soon. I promise. The new job is just completely consuming right now (but in a good way).

And what should I be for Halloween? Big block party this weekend, taking Benjamin during the day and going back at night with a new single mama friend and John Bear. Oh, John doesn’t know what he’s going to be either. So, throw in couple costumes if you have them.

P.S.

Any of my Columbus peeps reading this, if you want to join – please e-mail me, I just haven’t had time to call or write.

Did I mention I am busy?

Leave links with costume ideas for me.

xoxo

1. A note from the war zone:
  2. Your Turn…
  3. The ultimate single dad.
  4. A web site deceiving single moms
  5. Trippin’, Part 1

Ashley October 28, 2009 at 9:15 am

You’ll have to show John Bear my latest blog on the pumpkin carving. He’ll love it and totally want to do it with Benjamin! I thought of ya’ll while we were doing it last night!

Rae October 28, 2009 at 9:55 am

Wear all white and attach paper plates, candy wrappers, empty water bottles, etc and be white trash. Here is a link for cheap at home costumes. http://www.robinsfyi.com/holidays/halloween/costumes.htm

Alicia October 28, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Hey Alaina! I’m dressing as Pocahantas ;) its super cute, and I got loads of compliments at the Halloween party I went to. I also saw an awesome (sexy) genie, or you guys can go as a doctor and a nurse! I’m probably not helping here, but I’m trying. I hope whatever you decide to be, you have an amazing day!

Cheryl October 28, 2009 at 4:00 pm

You could go as a Christmas tree (brown tights, green shirt, christmas tree skirt around your waist, lights (battery powered ones) and ornaments on the shirt) and John Bear could go as a present (white t-shirt with Christmas ribbon glued on). Target and Lowe’s Hardware have Christmas stuff out already so you can find it all!

mssinglemama October 28, 2009 at 5:32 pm

I LOVE these ideas. All so creative and could make them on the fly. I am also thinking about some kind of couple costume with John Bear – is that cheesy?

I might just throw on a dress and put on fairy wings, and then make John a fairy hunter – he could hold bloody fairy wings or something. (He thinks that idea is totally sick and twisted – for the record).

April October 29, 2009 at 11:24 am

Be Earl & Joy! (From My Name is Earl)

Charity November 4, 2009 at 10:05 am

my 1 year old son and I went as Super Mario and Princess Peach. I dyed my dog green, gave him a red mohawk and attached a saddle to his back and he was Yoshi