Single Mom Beauty Tip: Your Face

by mssinglemama on September 22, 2009

Remember Wet n Wild? The brand we used to wear back in our middle and high school days? Little known fact: it’s one of the best makeup brands out there in terms of quality, bar none. Wet n Wild cosmetics are the underdog of the beauty industry, in my opinion, and they make some really great products that won’t cost an arm, leg, and most of the rent money.

One of my favorite items they make is a multi-tasking product that gets half of my makeup done for less than $5. Can’t be done, you say? Well, you might not have been down to the drugstore lately. The Eye Expressions #399 is a hand-sized palette with four cream shadows and one cream blush.

The colors are sectioned off for specific areas, but there really are no rules in makeup and you can use the blush as a lip color, on your eyes, and even use the eye colors as a cheek highlighter above your blush. Just blend away, and you’re set for the day, and it’s so portable and easy to reapply, that you can always keep it in your purse and reapply when needed.

Since I’m oily, I used a translucent powder under the cream eye shadow to anchor the color – it helps keep the shadow on your lid longer without having it crack or fade. You see the little sponge/brush they so kindly put in the case? Throw it out! Your (clean) fingers are the best applicators, and that’s another reason why baby wipes come in handy.

WetNWild

The best part about this cute little product is that it retails for $3.99 and there are often buy one get one 50% off specials for Wet n Wild products. It’s an affordable treat, and like the old ad slogan goes – you’re worth it! You are an amazing single mother … do something nice for yourself.

More of my old beauty tips… good stuff.

{ 1 trackback }

Cheap Treat! Wet n Wild Bronzer « Painted Ladies
October 29, 2009 at 6:04 am

Restless Mama September 22, 2009 at 1:43 pm

This is such a great tip! Thanks ladies!

Yvonne September 22, 2009 at 6:40 pm

I swear by Wet and Wild Megaslicks Lip Gloss…it’s under $2.00. Over the years I’ve tried so many lip glosses. Everything from Revlon to Mac and I keep coming back to my favorite shade of Megaslicks. It’s #568 and I think it’s called Berry Bronze. I wear Berry Bronze over a light shade of pink lipstick and add a small swipe of #564 Cherish (it’s a light shimmery pink lip gloss) in the middle of the lower lip….it gives your lips a full pouty look.

If you want to give your eyes a bright appearance that will compliment your new pouty lips….add a little bit of light pink or white shimmer eyeshadow to the corner of your eyes. Make sure to put enough in the corner of the eyes and a little bit above and below the corner of the eye. Make sure you do not over do it. This is my go to look whenever I hit the town. It works best with full makeup…mascara, blush, liner, etc.

Yvonne September 22, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Just in case anyone cares…it’s the inner corner of the eyes. 🙂

Jenna Jean September 23, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Wet and Wild eyeliner is pretty great, although the makeup itself is hard to get off sometimes.

temporary internet miami April 10, 2011 at 3:21 pm

awesome tips, i’m 21 years old, and I’ve never used makeup
so this tips are amazing because noe I know how to makeup my self