Beauty

by mssinglemama on September 20, 2009

A few things happened this weekend that I will remember for the rest of my life…

WeddingDrive

Lesson #1: Never leave home without your camera

I realized one hour into my drive to Katie and Brian’s wedding, six hours away from home, that I had forgotten my camera. I couldn’t turn around, although I thought about it. Instead I resolved to make good with what I did remember – my iPhone camera and my digital video camera. So a movie is coming… but forgetting my camera – devastating. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to leave the house again for a destination without triple checking for that camera.

Lesson #2: My single mom status may be in the midst of retirement

I left my son for 36 hours with my significant other, my partner. I came home to a perfectly clean house and to find Benjamin completely content, well-fed and napping like an Angel. I am beginning to feel less and less like a single mom as John Bear steps up into his role as a potential step-father. (And don’t even ask me what I am going to do about the name of my blog, because I am not crossing that big of a mental bridge yet… )

Lesson #3: Some things never change

Weddings can be amazing if they are simple, pure and between two – or sometimes three – people who love each other more than anything else. And, even though Katie and I haven’t been in a church together in 17 years, making eye contact with her during a Catholic hymn still results in a juvenile like giggle attack by yours truly. Fortunately, I think everyone thought I was crying.

Coming this week:

The wedding video… along with the pictures I did manage to take with my iPhone.

Like this one of Katie, Brian and Spencer (their 5-year-old son). If you missed their story click here to catch up.

KatieBrian&Spencer

And yeah, she’s wearing the New Leaf Necklace.

1. Single Mama Beauty Tip #3: Facial in a box
  2. Single Mom Beauty Tip: Your Smile
  3. Single Mama Beauty Tip #1: Tan Towels
  4. Single Mama Beauty Tip #2
  5. Boxed in…

Erin B September 20, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Simply BEAUTIFUL. This just brings tears to my eyes. How incredible for them! And, YES – NEVER EVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT A CAMERA! I’m a photographer – I would know. ;)

Suzanne (Crunchy green Mom) September 21, 2009 at 5:35 am

~faints~ I would LOVE for Single MaMa to go into retirement.

But come up with a great name for a blog….. I’m beyond thrilled for ya. I can honestly say, the first time I wrote.. ‘Mom of a blended family” I had to stop and stare that those words.

How did I go from being single to part of a blended family in less than a year?

I still give you all the credit! Without you.. I’d have never found the website, never met Dave… and never been able to put down those words.

Hugs to you and John Bear.

Ms. Single Mama September 21, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Suzanne… I can’t take credit for all of that? No way, no how. Just coincidental I’m sure. Right? I definitely want to know more. Very happy for you as well. Just happy when my mamas are happy – single or not, that’s all that matters.

hef September 21, 2009 at 7:12 am

Identity crisis, eh? It’ll all work out beautifully. Fo sho.

Jaden September 21, 2009 at 9:23 am

Clean house?! WOW. He means business! ;)

Glenda September 21, 2009 at 10:29 am

He’s definitely a keeper. Benjamin clean and fed check… house clean check… so happy for you!

Sheila September 21, 2009 at 11:27 am

Ah, I just love that. :) You are blessed, mama.

wyliekat September 21, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Retire the blog name? Welcome to my world sister – you’re not single, but you’re not entirely Married With Children, either.

arscuore September 21, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Wow. Now that’s a fantasy. To leave on a weekend by yourself, and return to a clean house and happy child… I’ve NEVER experienced that! Congrats, Girl! You deserve it. How many brothers does John Bear have??

Ms. Single Mama September 21, 2009 at 5:52 pm

I know, right? The ultimate single mom fantasy…

mb September 21, 2009 at 4:26 pm

fyi: do you know the trick with your Iphone camera?? you can take a picture of your screen by pushing the top (on/off button) and the round home button at the same time. will make a sound like you are taking a picture. you may have to do this a few times til you get the feel of it! and…. you can take pix of your video. does that make sense? go to your video, touch the top and you will see a frame bar. slide it over to the frame you want & snap!! they print out great if the light is decent!! (you can print them yourself or send to your fav photo print place, Walgreens, Walmart, Shutterfly etc.)

Amyinbc September 21, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Sounds like a keeper! How about “The Woman Formerly Known As Ms. Single Mama’? ;)

Aprille September 21, 2009 at 9:52 pm

This is such a beautiful story! I am glad that you found a man who is good enough for you and your lovely, sweet, adorable son! John Bear sounds delightful!

Allison September 22, 2009 at 12:06 pm

I’m a new member of a blended family/no longer a single mom as of 8/21/09. I wore my new leaf necklace for our reception!! :)

mssinglemama September 23, 2009 at 2:32 am

Pictures?? E-mail a picture to me, Lady!

Allison September 23, 2009 at 11:11 am

Consider it done! Soon! :)

Kristine September 22, 2009 at 3:43 pm

For me, the fact that Benjamin was not playing marbles on the freeway would have been a good sign. To have a clean house and fed boy too?!?! This guy is downright dreamy! Congrats!

chrissy h September 23, 2009 at 10:17 am

this is sweet as pie. so happy for you :)

Littlemansmom September 24, 2009 at 7:32 pm

I love happy endings that are really happy beginnings… :)