Ms. Summer

by mssinglemama on August 30, 2009

I will miss you with your hot, sultry ways and your wicked sense of humor.

img_0596

I’ll especially miss your ability to occupy my son for hours on end, you’re awesome that way.

lake erie

And even though I’ll be relishing in your beauty a little longer

img_0621

I’m ready for Fall and all of his pumpkin pies, hot cider, football games and warm sweaters. I’ll try not to cheer him on when he brews up a storm or two to knock you and that smoking, hot body of yours out of the way.

ohio summer storm

It’s nothing personal.

I’m just a huge fan of change.

More pictures from this weekend’s storm and our day at Lake Erie in Cleveland are at the bottom of this photo album.

1. Oh snap. This is hard.

Jen C. August 30, 2009 at 8:35 pm

Change is good. I’m excited for fall too. I love that one of your tags on this post is “football games in the fall.” I am originally from the midwest and I can totally relate to that yummy fall football game feeling.

mssinglemama August 31, 2009 at 6:13 am

You’re going to love this … Mission 5 for the Fiesta Movement is to go to an NFL game. I’ve never been. So excited.

Amy August 30, 2009 at 9:13 pm

I can relate. Time for my kids to go back to school, they are getting antsy at home. And time for me to find a fulfilling job.

alethea j brown August 30, 2009 at 10:34 pm

I can’t believe it ! Summer is gone and I missed most of it. UUGGhhhh : )
Texas triple digits were too much for me.
Fun pictures.

Alethea J. Brown, author
I Don’t Want To Be A “Mom” Today !!
http://idontwanttobeamomtoday.blogspot.com/ Stop By

Lauren August 31, 2009 at 5:40 am

Summer is OK, but I’m definitely excited for fall. The beginning of fall means hockey season is just around the corner :)

mssinglemama August 31, 2009 at 6:09 am

Yay! Hockey! John Bear got us tickets to the Blue Jackets… Benjamin is loving all of these introductions to sports.

wyliekat August 31, 2009 at 6:17 am

I’m looking forward to roasted butternut squash and braised beef. Somehow it seems criminal to make this stuff in summer, but exactly right to make in the fall.

karen August 31, 2009 at 6:34 am

Fall is definitely my favorite season.

Amy In Sedona August 31, 2009 at 8:13 am

aww ms. summer is just like miss summer, get it… im a nerd! yay for change!!!!

Katherine (SOLO dot MOM) August 31, 2009 at 8:15 am

I too love the change of seasons… it’s one of the “cool” things about living somewhere in the middle – we get cool weather and we get the hot…. and I am ready for the change by the time it all comes around again.

April August 31, 2009 at 11:28 am

Totally agree, one toe into fall but not quite ready for both feet just yet.

Meg August 31, 2009 at 3:44 pm

NFL?! Well hopefully its the Bears. Being from Illinois, I have a soft spot for them :) I took my daughter to training camp (she’s 2) and she had a blast!

Speedgirl August 31, 2009 at 6:58 pm

As a teacher, my “New Year” is never in January – it is in September. I get to start over again each fall as part of my job, and I love the opportunities fall brings :)

Laura September 1, 2009 at 10:15 am

Fall is amazing… those long walks, shuffling through leaves and all the wind. I look forward to it. You’ll love your first NFL game. I went to my first in 2005, shortly after I got married. Such high energy. I hope you tailgate beforehand…. you must be doing that if it’s for the fiesta movement!!!

Jenna Jean September 1, 2009 at 5:09 pm

O o o I really wanna know if I won anything! :)

30somethingmama September 2, 2009 at 12:41 am

love the words that go with your pictures!