Haunted Bedford?

by mssinglemama on August 27, 2009

Remember how I mentioned John Bear being a bit “creeped out” when we arrived at our bed and breakast in Bedford, PA.

Well, check this video out:

Hope you enjoy.

And do me a favor… if you live in New York City (and don’t hate me) please spread the word about this event for single women. Sherri at Single Edition is putting it on and wanted me to make mention. Live the Life You Love will be held in the Saks Fifth Avenue shoe department in New York City on September 15th, October 6th and November 3rd. Sounds cool:

This three part, women’s only, lifestyle series will consist of cocktails, connections and conversations with a panel of trusted, leading experts. Each seminar offers insight, innovative tips and creative ideas to help you succeed at work, home and in your community.

I wish I could be there but alas, I will be hiding in my sweet little Ohio city for fear of you crazy New Yorkers trampling my tourist butt.

Win a Copy of Ms. Single Mama Uncensored!

Do me another favor, tweet this post with this [RT to win. What is scarier? Bedford PA or talking about morning thunder in front of @mssinglemama? http://tinyurl.com/mpkl6d] and you’ll automatically be entered to win a copy of Ms. Single Mama Uncensored, or you can just leave a comment.

Lots of prizes in the cue… I will announce the winners to all of these contests next Friday.

1. Big Tease
  2. Why I am a single mother.
  3. The Trip Story: Part 3

{ 1 trackback }

Big Boys and Girls
September 4, 2009 at 6:29 am

April August 27, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Love the all the adventurous posts here lately.
So dying to get a copy of your book.
By the way are there any silver necklaces left?

mssinglemama August 27, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Yes! Definitely more silver necklaces left. You all bought so many I just ordered 25 more today. But I’m afraid that will be the last of them until Spring because the designer is leaving for an overseas vacation or something really adventurous.

xoxo

Alaina

April August 28, 2009 at 8:11 am

Great, I just placed an order for silver.
Thanks.

Ms. Single Mama August 28, 2009 at 8:18 am

THANK YOU!!! You’ll love it… and I’ll send it out right away.

Alaina

Amy August 27, 2009 at 9:03 pm

You two are so sweet together :)

Melissa August 28, 2009 at 2:13 am

I laughed the entire time I was watching that video. You guys are too funny together.

Katherine (SOLO dot MOM) August 28, 2009 at 7:08 am

Good stuff….

and tweeted the RT (check)

And Melissa is right – you guys are funny together…

Kristy August 28, 2009 at 11:44 am

Seriously, I’m from Johnstown PA and I’ve been to Bedford more times than I can even begin to count….as I have family that lives there. Bedford is NOT ghostly…so this entry is crap and I’m sure you’ll delete my comment and let the notion of Bedford being creepy live on. Which is wrong.

Bedford in the summer is quite quaint…..

Ms. Single Mama August 28, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Sorry Kristy, didn’t mean to offend.

Bedford was actually a totally beautiful little town. I hope we can go back some day and spend more than just 24 hours there.

30somethingmama August 28, 2009 at 12:18 pm

John bear even outtalk you sometimes! Looks like you jive well 2gether. Keep it up alaina!

Alessandra August 29, 2009 at 4:18 am

Just loved the video. The two of you look so cute!! You seem to have a lot of fun together!
XOXO

Star August 30, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Please enter me!
-Star

karen August 31, 2009 at 6:32 am

That was so funny. And. I did google it! There are apparently quite a few places in that town that are supposed to be haunted. Thats so cool!

Derek September 10, 2009 at 9:22 am

Grandparents grew up in Bedford/Pleasantville. Great-grandfather owned the mill in Bedford which went under during the Depression because he was grinding grain for folks on credit because they couldn’t afford to pay him. Grandpa left Bedford and a job at Bethlehem Steel to fly B-17s during WWII. Dad grew up in Johnstown with them after the war. Grandpa and grandma are buried in the Pleasantville Cemetery which was a 47-acre farm until it was bought and the cemetery started by my 3xgreat-grandfather after the Civil War.

Never been creeped out by Bedford…Gettysburg, however, creeps me right the hell out. Anytime you want to stop there, let me know, I’ll take you on a tour — had a few relatives from Bedford who fought/died/were captured there. But glad you enjoyed the trip there!