Lebron took off with my head

by mssinglemama on August 4, 2009

And he told him to do it…

img_9154

While this one cheered him on.

img_9096

Last night Benjamin woke up screaming clutching his little blue Transformer car, “Mommy, Mommmmmyyyyy!”

I ran up the stairs in a hazy fog and said, “What, Baby? What?”

“I’m sorry,” he whimpered.

“For what?”

“I ripped your head off.”

“Huh?” I was beginning to think I was in a dream myself when he kept going.

“I was a robot and I ripped your head off, Mommy. I’m sorry.” He was now heaving sobs and tears were bursting out of his sweet little eyes.

I wrapped my hands around my neck and started shaking my head around so he could see it was securely fastened. “It was just a dream, Baby, just a dream. Back to bed.”

I kissed him on the forehead, checked the lights in the room, turned down the fan a notch and went back to bed and to my sleeping John Bear.

He only lives a few blocks away so it makes it easy for him to slip off to his place long before Benjamin even wakes up, which he does diligently and without complaint. When Benjamin does wake up, I usually hear him within seconds. If for some reason I don’t, John is shaking me and screaming bloody murder while simultaneously jumping out of my bed and looking for a hiding spot.

Satisfied that Benjamin was back down for good I nestled up into John’s chest and fell back asleep. One hour later, I was finally entering something that resembled REM, when John lurched forward with a shout. I sounded as if he’d been pushed off of a cliff by surprise.

“What? What? Are you okay?” I was now wide awake and totally freaked out.

“Yeah, I’m fine. It was just a dream.”

After our blood pressures had returned to normal I forced a thought out of my exhausted brain, “Well, what was it about? Did you die or something?”

“No, I was at a Cavs game.”

“And?”

“And they had just won the Championship.”

We spent about 15 minutes laughing our asses off and then I finally fell asleep again. I’m so glad the men in my life are having such simple, albeit sometimes frightening dreams, but I have been tossing and turning lately. If I don’t get a solid night of sleep soon I’ll be ripping my own head off and passing it to Lebron James for a dunk.

Tomorrow I’m taking off in the Fiesta with John Bear for a long overdue a vacation sleep-fest. Our destination? A cabin in the middle of the Poconos mountains with no internet, no cell phone service and absolutely nothing to focus on aside from the cool mountain air and the hot tub. After that we’re heading to New York City to visit and crash with his twenty-something little brother.

I’ll be back in six days, or maybe seven. If you’re going through Ms. Single Mama withdrawal please buy your copy of Ms. Single Mama Uncensored.

Loose Ends

When I get back I’ll be shipping out the silver new leaf necklaces. Have you seen them? If not, check them out here and try not to jump up and down. There are only 35 left and I’m not sure if there will be another round or not, so best to snatch one up now.

And, last but not least, the winners of the Lion Share contest are:

Grand Prize:

Restless Mama!!! Congratulations.

Runners-up (winners of a copy of MSM Uncensored courtesy of the sweet Lion):

• Aruscore
  • Jen C from Cali
  • Demetria
  • Christy

[P.S. I picked the winners with my scrolling finger down the page. That's my Random Generator and they've all be e-mailed. More contests coming soon... if you have any bachelors please send me their info - I'd love to feature them.]

1. Whispers
  2. Seeing things
  3. Single Mom Dating Zen: Lions & Tigers
  4. That Couple
  5. The End.

{ 1 trackback }

Dress, Drama & Dreams « Cost of Living
December 4, 2009 at 9:10 am

NewSingleMama August 4, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Tell your man to keep dreamin on the Cavs front. My Lakers will never let that little fantasy of his come true LOL!

arscuore August 5, 2009 at 5:18 am

Thanks, MSM!! Have a fantastic time!!

Meg August 5, 2009 at 6:24 am

Aw have a good trip! Sounds like its much-needed….I totally get how you feel about the sleeping thing!

NaysWay August 5, 2009 at 11:23 am

Oh please oh please oh please oh puh-LEEZE let that dream come true this year, or the next nightmare will be LeBron leaving this city.

Mz Mami August 5, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Oh no you don’t think you’re ordering another batch?? Ok I took my credit card out of the freezer for ya!! It’s going right back in though. Thanks in advance for the necklace and book… I think I lost the gold one ….Have fun on your trip ;)

Restless Mama August 5, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Thanks Ms. Single Mama! Have a great vacation!

I can’t wait to get my read on and cookin’ with my new sexy apron. Freak out, I just might.

maureen August 5, 2009 at 8:50 pm

Sleep…that sounds fantastic!!! I have major sleep envy, I’m just not getting enough of it!!! I hope you have an awesome and romantic vacation with the bear.

Bobbi Janay August 6, 2009 at 12:09 am

Have fun and be safe.

Jenn-Dragonfly August 7, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Awwwwwww thats so cute! Poor baby, the dream must’ve seemed too real for him. Vacation? I am SOOOOOOO jealous! Have fun!

Oh – I posted my little boy’s birth-story if you want to stop by and take a peek!

:-) Jenn-Dragonfly

Ismael April 2, 2014 at 9:25 am

//இதற க என ன அர த தம ? இத உங கள அகர த ய ல அன ப ன வ ர த த ய ?என ன ட ய ஒர பத வ அல லத ப ன ன ட டம வத ய ர ய வத த க க எழ தப பட ட இர ப பத க ச ல ல ம ட ய ம ?இத என ன ந க க வ க க ஒர க ரணம வத ச ல ல ம ட ய ம ?//That is why, you come under the category of ‘Cowards’.A cruaogeous TP should use boldly all such words that are used against Arul here. Against Christians, against Muslims, against all anti brahmins. Dondu Ragavan keeps blogs for them to use gutter Tamil.A true TP should hate Muslims and Christians and their religions and their Gods, Prophets etc. Like a Jihadi believes if he kills kafirs, he can sit at the feet of Allah, a true TP believes that Siva, Murugan, Pillaiyaar will bless them, only if they open a blog to abuse Islam and Christianity, or give hyperlink to such blogs in Dondu Ragavan’s blog.If you use fair and decent language against him / them, when Arul or they criticise your caste, you are a coward. You are a pesudo TP or a pesudo Hindu. Go and lick the feet of muslims and christians.But you wont deserve to be called a coward if and when you have to use abusive lanuguage to your rival who has already used abusive language against you. That is justified on ethical grounds.

Onely August 8, 2009 at 11:30 am

Poor little Benjamin. I remember how terrible nightwares were as a child. Worse than adult nightmares by far, because as your post illustrates–kids don’t really know that they’ve woken up and all the terror was just random synaptic firings. Poor sweetie.

Do all little boys sleep with cars?

Christina at Onely

Bridget August 8, 2009 at 2:50 pm

have a good vacation! No one deserves it like you do ;)

Erin B August 8, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Enjoy your sleepfest! What a dream!

amanda August 9, 2009 at 5:20 am

Here’s to sweet dreams and sweeter waking moments.

Jen C from Cali August 11, 2009 at 11:35 am

Thank you Alaina for sharing your wisdom, intimacy, heart, and passion to make this a better world for our children. I just finished reading your e-book (that I won – Thanks to “The Lion”–What a kind, generous heart!), and I have to tell you that it was everything AND MORE than I expected. I originally thought that it would be a good read for all the juicy details and look into your “dating” life, however, I realized a lot about myself, my dreams, hopes, and the fact that although I say I’m “ready” to date again, I really have a ways to go, still.

On the outside, you seem so put together: smart, beautiful, successful, confident, and (now) in love. You are, indeed, all of those things, but the e-book also shows a very the human side of you: an everyday, normal woman, with the same obstacles, mistakes made, lessons learned, worries, and disappointments. Despite what you have gone through, you remained strong for yourself and Benjamin–and in telling your story, you also give other single moms, dads, and everyone else HOPE. That is truly inspiring.

Thank you.