Ms. Single Mama Uncensored FAQs

by mssinglemama on August 2, 2009

Why is Ms. Single Mama Uncensored: Dating, Sex and Love $14.95, that seems expensive for a PDF?

It took months of writing and a lot of money to bring you this eBook. Outside of my own time I also hired a graphic designer and a copyeditor. It’s not just a PDF, it’s a professional quality book.

Are you legally allowed to publish the story about Mr. Man?

Yes, I even consulted with a lawyer about sharing the Mr. Man story. I also called Mr. Man to get his approval.

Why can’t you just give it to me for free?

I quit my day job two months ago. This is now my full-time job. If I don’t sell enough of these eBooks I will not be blogging nearly as much, as I’ll have to start focusing on an alternative source of income. Giving it to you for free, unfortunately, isn’t an option because I still have to pay for things like food, shelter and clothing.

Can I buy the eBook and share it with a friend?

You can, but that would technically be illegal and not very nice of you.

What is an eBook?

An eBook is a book, online. Seconds after you buy it you’ll receive an e-mail with a link to your copy of Ms. Single Mama Uncensored, which, once you click it, will download a PDF of the book onto your desktop. Then you can print it or read it on your computer. If reading on a computer bothers your eyes, read it in daily doses like you do my blog (although that may be tough because so far those who have read it say they can’t put the sucker down). Read a preview of Ms. Single Mama Uncensored for free here.

How do I buy the eBook, I’m still confused.

Click here and you’ll be taken to a PayPal page. If you don’t want to open a PayPal account that’s fine just click “continue” next to the line on the bottom right that says, “Don’t have a PayPal account?” If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase I will issue you a refund instantly.

You seem like a super bitch and you are going to die alone with your two ugly cats.

Thank you for the warning and how did you know I have two cats?

I heard there is a picture of you and John Bear kissing in your eBook, is that true? And is he a good kisser?

Yes, he let me publish that picture after I begged him and begged him. And yes, he is an amazing kisser. (See what happens after he gets a kiss from me in this video).

You are not Oprah. Get over yourself.

I know I am not Oprah and, no offense to Oprah, but I am just fine being me and if I woke up tomorrow and was suddenly as famous as Oprah I would buy tickets to Bermuda and disappear forever.

I still think $14.95 is too much money for a PDF, especially when I have to print it myself. You are a sell out.

I’m sorry you feel that way. I think my blog, the over 500 posts and probably thousands of pages you can read here for free every day and now this book are worth even more than $14.95. One day I would like to sell so many eBooks that I can even take down all of the advertising on my site. Believe me, I hate money as much as you do. We should all just be living on a hippie commune and sharing everything for free, loving each other to pieces and smoking giant peace pipes.

How can I help?

If you have read my eBook, go to this page and leave a comment telling me what you thought. If you really can’t swing the $14.95 tell your friends about it on Twitter or Facebook, every little bit helps.

east coast mama August 2, 2009 at 10:36 am

You are not a sell out- let your imagination, creativity and hard work prosper and hopefully you will profitize and never feel guilty about the profits your hard work brings you. Being able to provide for your son and yourself is a necessity not a luxury- more power to you. For all of those cheapskates out there who want something for nothing. Tell them to head over to the public library. There, they can check out a book for free. As for all of the jealous ones out there… let them complain. They can’t hold you back at the rate you are going it seems your ideas just keep getting better and better.

Nancy August 2, 2009 at 11:08 am

this has now become my “if I can stay awake – I’ll read a chapter before bed” book.
I applaud you and thank you so much! I wish I had this book 4 years ago so in those first few weeks I would know that I wasn’t alone. I find myself in many of the stories and it just does my heart good that I am not the first (or unfortunately the last) person that will deal with this kind of heartache.
Thanks again!

Anne August 2, 2009 at 11:15 am

I agree, you are not a sell out! I am a former single mom and I still bought your ebook. I only wish there would have been a book like this when I was experiencing everything you have written about and continue to bring us everyday. I am currently 1/4 of the way through your book but am hoping to finish it today.
Thank you for writing this and being so honest about your experiences. I love you and everything you write about and if I were you, I would be proud of everything I have accomplished thus far!!
You go girl!

Bobbi Janay August 2, 2009 at 11:15 am

I think what you are doing is a great thing, to all the cheap people out there it is $15 geeze people spend that to go out to dinner. So skip going out one night.

Melanie August 2, 2009 at 11:16 am

$14.95 – Expensive??! I see people buying ebooks all the time for anywhere between $17 to $77 dollars! If someone takes the time to read your free preview pages, they will clearly see the value.

Alessandra August 2, 2009 at 11:20 am

Gee, I just can not believe you have been enquired those kinds of things!!
Some people are just so cheap!!!
I tottaly agree with east coast mama!
Why can’t you give it for free: because it’s your job, it’s how you provide for your son.
How can some people be so mean and jealous??!!!
They don’t deserve reading your blog.
I’m simply disgusted!
Alaina Keep your great work up!!

mssinglemama August 2, 2009 at 11:26 am

I really appreciate your comments…

I really do.

But let’s not knock on those who can’t afford the $14.95. Unfortunately, I feel their pain – you know? (Although of all the things a single mom needs, I think it is a book like this one). I just wanted to rationalize why I had to set the price there. So let’s not insult those who can’t actually pay for it… okay?

Love you all.

xoxo

Alaina

famejane August 2, 2009 at 2:07 pm

These comments are exactly what I was referring to in your “whispers” post. At any rate – go forth and conquer!

Amy In Sedona August 2, 2009 at 5:28 pm

ive gotta be honest, i love this blog it has saved me from many nights of crying my eyes out, im a single mom and im broke, i want to buy this book but im not a cheapskate… eh hem anyway the oprah thing cracks me up!

mssinglemama August 2, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Amy –

I know… you are not cheap, I know most of you aren’t. I just wanted to explain the cost – don’t want you all to think I’m selling out and using and abusing you. Believe me, I’m just as broke as all of you. ; )

But, boy, oh boy is it good being happy. The being happy part is worth the broke as hell part.

Lilla March 9, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your site. It seems like some of the written text on your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a problem with my internet browser because I’ve
had this happen previously. Cheers

Amy In Sedona August 2, 2009 at 5:38 pm

exactly!
and i will buy my copy when i get a chance! thanks ms.single mama

The Queen August 2, 2009 at 9:20 pm

“Can I buy the e-Book and share it with a friend?
You can, but that would technically be illegal and not very nice of you.”

I am officially laughing my butt off at this one!
It must get aggravating answering dumb questions. Here is my question…”Why shouldn’t people buy your book?” Or even better, “If people don’t want to buy it, why take the time and make the effort to leave you a comment/question?!?” Hilarious! Bravo to Amy In Sedona – who came up with this great idea…to quit complaining and envying a successful single mom and just save up the cash to buy the book when she can swing it. (This is my plan also just so you know.)
Oh and btw – I had never heard of an e-book before so thanks MSM for introducing me to this genius concept.
All in favor of a “Down With Dumb Questions Club” say “I”!!!

Hanna August 2, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Just cause she is trying to promote her creative work doesn’t mean that she’s going to stop blogging. Hello, this blog is 100% free! If you don’t want to buy the book, don’t buy it and keep reading like you always have. Don’t knock someone who is trying to make a living doing what she loves. Its WAY harder than you will ever know. Who wouldn’t want to do what Alaina is doing right now? More power to her!

Tina August 3, 2009 at 7:51 am

Good Lord, did people really send you these dumb questions/remarks?
That sucks.
Buying my e-book now.

parker August 3, 2009 at 11:45 am

Why did you quit your job if you weren’t sure you could support yourself?

Ms. Single Mama August 3, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Because I believe in this blog and in my ability to find another day job, if need be. There was an element of risk in my decision but I will never regret it.

Anonymous August 3, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Might be nice to donate a portion of the profit from your book to an organization that helps support single mothers. Best of luck.

Nancy August 4, 2009 at 5:03 am

I think Anonymous’ idea is fabulous.

Lesli August 4, 2009 at 6:20 am

Did someone actually suggest that you had “sold out”? That’s kinda mean, in my opinion. At any rate, I’ve not bought your book (yet) but Jami said it’s great….I’ve added it to my list. So happy for you. : )

mssinglemama August 4, 2009 at 6:43 am

Anonymous – yes, if I break even on the book I will donate money to charity. I already have one picked out:

It only takes $120/month to give these women and their children all of the food and shelter they need. But yes, definitely, donating to a charity after I sell enough of the books. Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions everyone.

Karen August 4, 2009 at 7:03 am

Good grief some people are so stupid. Whatever, your awesome. Sell a book. Knowing you (ok yeah just from reading your blog) its awesome and will help a lot of people. 🙂

Anon August 4, 2009 at 7:30 am

You are a wonderful storyteller. Really, excellent. Your blog is fantastic. I love reading it. Except when I see grammar mistakes. Just one of them actually. And whenever I see it, I want to stab my eyes out. “I’s” (Writing it even makes me crazy. lol) is not a word.

Also, your copyeditor needs to review when to use hyphens with ages (a 3-year-old boy, B. is 3 years old).

That said, I will be buying the e-book when I have a few extra dollars. I wish you lots of luck in your new ventures. You really are pretty amazing. Kudos.

Jen C. August 4, 2009 at 8:49 am

Wow. Anon! You are serious about grammar! Don’t stab your eyes out over it, please!! 😉

famejane August 4, 2009 at 9:43 am

Did readers really say the things that you indicate in your FAQs, or are you just imagining that some people might have been thinking that way? If people really said them, do you censor people’s comments because I don’t remember reading these types of comments anywhere?

mssinglemama August 4, 2009 at 9:52 am

Jane – many of these particular comments were sent to me via e-mail. The comment about my cats – that was actually the very first comment I ever received on my blog, and yes, I deleted that one (wish I would have kept it up though).

mssinglemama August 4, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Anon – I am no grammar queen, that’s for sure. The 3-year-old thing – that’s all me and my old AP stylebook from my reporter days. Sorry! Will go update the book just for you.

Anon August 4, 2009 at 1:25 pm

@Jen C. and @mssinglemama LOL. I am sorta serious about grammar. Certain things anyway. The AP Stylebook? I read it for fun. Hmm, just realizing that I am a nerd.

casino February 6, 2013 at 11:11 am

Thank you for any other informative web site. The place else could I am
getting that kind of info written in such an ideal method?
I’ve a venture that I am simply now working on, and I’ve been
on the look out for such info.