My new dance partner

by mssinglemama on July 3, 2009

I’ve mentioned Murphy before…

To refresh your memory, Murphy is John Bear‘s dog, who happens to be white (Benjamin has been requesting a white dog for months and months). Since then the two have met and I’ve even been watching Murphy during the days while John Bear works. And guess what?

This cat person has fallen for a dog – big time.

I went from completely unable to picture a dog in my life to craving his presence. He’s my little buddy, our little buddy – with his fuzzy paws and even his stinky, drool breath.

In our spare time Murphy and I like to cuddle, go for long walks on the beach and dance…

Murphy’s Dancing Contest

To enter: Tell me who the cutest dude in the video is with a comment and you’ll be entered to win one of five new copies of Michael Buble’s Meet Me in Madison Square Garden CD/DVD pack. It’s coming out soon – watch this awesome YouTube video for a trailer.

Deadline: Friday, July 10th

Congratulations to Abby Carter who won the reusable drinking bottle from Baying Hound. If any of you didn’t win and want one please check out their site. Your purchase will support a local business (a mom with a sweet young one) and one of my advertisers.

Andra D. July 3, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Omigosh! I found you thru Momversation and even though I don't have a child (yet) I have friends whom you remind me of. I will mos def be telling them to look you up.

That being said… hmm, cutest guy in the picture? I'm going to go with your son, obvi. Your man's not bad at ALL, and Murphy's a whole 'nother breed of cute – Murphy and Maltese mix ,Millie, would make a GREAT looking couple.

Lyzzette H July 3, 2009 at 6:01 pm

GOODNESS!!! JOY AND LOVE OVERLOAD!! In a good way of course!! I am a reader(this is my first time commenting!) I am not a mom so not a single mom either lol but I love reading your blog and have been for a while, thanks for sharing!!!

My family was never a family that had pets or believed we could have pets, but then Marley came along the cutest lil Pomeranian you could imagine, with an attitude only his spoiled lil butt can have and get away with in our house!! We too went from "we would never have a dog let alone an indoor dog" to having a dog that hates the sun so is always indoors!!(im telling you he is spoiled!!) so I know exactly how you feel! Braught amazing joy to our home!

As for the Cutest Dude in your video? hhmm thats a tuffy the part with all 3 of them cuddling on the grass sooo cute so I would have to say its a tie between all three(though your son is adorable and shares his name with my lil brother and dad!)

Again thanks for sharing and keep sharing! I am taking notes for when i become a mom! lol

Lyzzy

Norma July 3, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Benjamin is the cutest! 🙂 All 3 are too cute playing… but Benjamin wins hands down! Love your blog… Even though I am now married single mom I was a single single mom for 4 years. (If that makes sense…). Your blog is very inspiring… I LOVE it!!! And as for your new love… You guys are too cute!

Maryann July 3, 2009 at 8:46 pm

In order of cuteness: Benjamin (been reading the blog for a year and he's always been my favorite – next to my own little man who arrived in December of 2008), The fuzzy white dog and John Bear actually tie for 2nd…they both have their own quirkiness. I am so happy for all 4 of you!

*hugs*

Nancy July 3, 2009 at 10:00 pm

It is hard to pick the cutest – (is this a trick question?) 🙂
I'm gonna say Murphy – just so he gets a vote!
You've got some pretty awesome boys there Alaina!

pt-lawmom July 3, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Duh, Benjamin. They are all super cute. And I almost went with your guy because he's the only one who won't pee on your floor. 😉 That was a great video!

TsQuest July 3, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Ok, that's the epitome of cute.

And I second PT Lawmom's comment. Ha!

Christena July 4, 2009 at 1:14 am

Um, how upset would Benjamin be if I voted for Murphy? Or to be diplomatic I could vote for a Benjamin-Murphy tie? Maybe if Benjamin had peed on you in the video he could have taken the lead, but the pee-dance was just too cute and so after a few moments of being tortured and torn, I've settled on Murphy being the cutest! No, maybe Benjamin… Murphy… forget it… it's cute overload!!

amy July 4, 2009 at 3:30 am

Great video 🙂 Sorry about the pee on the floor, you obviously had him all wound up!

Jocelyn July 4, 2009 at 4:08 am

I have to say Murphy because I'm pretty sure he'll pee on me if I don't.

Sheila July 4, 2009 at 5:46 am

Awwww … that is so super cute. 🙂

Rachel July 4, 2009 at 1:04 pm

So glad you have three men in your life. Now you just have to get Benjamin and Murphy potty trained and life will really be grand!!

Congratulations to Abby! I'll be getting her water bottle out to her soon.

Samantha July 4, 2009 at 1:43 pm

although all 3 are pretty darn cute… i'd have to say Benjamin is THE cutest! i'm kind of partial to sweet, sometimes rotten, energy-filled 3 year olds 😉

Debbie in Memphis July 4, 2009 at 5:09 pm

They are all really cute, but how could Benjamin not be the CUTEST!!

Bridget July 5, 2009 at 10:18 pm

of course, its Benjamin! Such a cute video!

Colleen July 7, 2009 at 1:59 pm

I'm a dog lover and a John Bear lover but a 3 year old rolling around on the ground with a dog and JB is without a doubt the cutest! Benjamin wins the cutest award hands down! BTW, I have a 20 month old who, while not allowed to date yet (though it would be great if she could maybe get a part-time job) she will be a perfect g/f when she leaves the convent!

Colleen July 7, 2009 at 2:01 pm

and um yes, I really do know how to spell and use proper grammar but my brain was going faster than my fingers.

Jessica July 8, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Okay, John Bear is slacking in the votes so I'm going to say it's a tie for John Bear & Benjamin 🙂 The whole thing is just too cute!

cassie July 9, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Benjamin wins the vote. Cutest dude in the video 🙂

arscuore July 9, 2009 at 2:31 pm

I think there are so few comments because it's a difficult question! Sofie's choice, so to speak… Of COURSE Benjamin is the cutest…

Ali July 9, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Ben of course! Kids rule…so do amazing boyfriends. And dogs. Hmmm.

Fortran July 9, 2009 at 2:37 pm

I'm going to vote for Murphy. Maybe I'm just in a canine-centric state of mind?

Jenn July 9, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Ooh, that's a tough call to make…I'm gonna go with Benjamin though, he's absolutely adorable!

TorontoMama July 9, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Benjamin, hands down!

Melissa July 9, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I gotta go with Benjamin. Just because he is just so cute with his big brown eyes.

Though the Bear comes in a close second.

= )