Believe

by mssinglemama on June 11, 2009

I believed.

I once asked my father this question while we were standing amidst piles and piles of the family laundry.

“How do you love her still, so much, after all of these years? How do you know she is your soul mate?”

“I found her,” he told me, “because I always believed she existed. Even though my parents were divorced and even though I never saw it myself, I always knew she was out there.”

They met on a train.

My mother and father, in love from the beginning and until the end.

I’ve realized recently that believing in your soul mate, or your person, the love of your life, is just one belief we should have. Without believing in yourself first the other beliefs just can’t surface.

I believed I would finally quit smoking. And I did.

I believed I would pay off my ex-husband’s massive credit card debt. And I did.

I believed I would finally be content as a single mom. And I was.

I believed so many things.

Some things, though… some things you only believe after you witness them or feel them.

Like believing that your son, only a fresh three, would show you the right path out of a deep forest in Vancouver when you, yourself were lost.

vancouver-forest

Or believing that you could actually make eye contact with a man from the top of a podium in a room full of people and then actually blush and feel that spark, even from such a distance.

social-media-panel

I guess it doesn’t hurt when the man has eyes like his.

panel3

[I was up there talking about this blog, and all of you, why you’re here. You’re here because you believe, right?].

I also, not for a second, believed that all of you would sell out my first batch of leaf necklaces in just one week. The next batch will be here in just a few days (earlier than I expected).

Win a New Leaf Necklace

Leave a comment and tell me something you believe in – even if it hasn’t happened yet or even if it has – and one of you will win a new leaf necklace. I’ll draw the winner at random. Deadline is Tuesday June 16.

[And don’t forget to tune in to Morgan’s bachelorette party at the Hyatt in Lexington tonight and her wedding tomorrow (Friday June 12).]

Photo up top: Benjamin’s friend Michael at his birthday party on the Santa Maria in downtown Columbus.

Canadian Bald Guy June 11, 2009 at 10:54 pm

I believe in true love. It's possible…it's out there…and happiness is its companion. The leaf would actually make a tremendous gift for that special someone, too.

I believe, Alaina. ๐Ÿ™‚

MommaSunshine June 11, 2009 at 10:56 pm

I believe in Love.

Ironically, I've got a blog post of my own ready to put up tomorrow, all about the beginnings of my story with CBG and the twists and turns in life that brought us together.

Sunny June 11, 2009 at 10:57 pm

I believe:
I will raise a happy, healthy, intelligent child who will contribute to society
I will succeed at completing my rather large DIY project
I will redesign my blog and give it much needed love over the next month
I will find a partner who is a match for me in both height (kind of a joke since I'm so tall), wit, intelligence and drive.

Yep.

Theresa June 11, 2009 at 11:07 pm

I would like to BELIEVE.
I would like to believe that I, too, will find someone out there who loves me for who I am and not what they want me to be.
I would like to believe, after 21 years in a bad marriage, and the now 8 years alone, that I will find the happiness I deserve.
I would like to believe that my 6 kids will not make the same mistakes in life that I did.
I DO believe in HOPE and hope is all I have left….

kathleen June 13, 2009 at 4:42 pm

okay, you need to rewrite this and take out those darn words "would like to". You must believe and know you can do anything!! I went through a horrific divorce and I did find my "happily ever after". chin up…

April June 11, 2009 at 11:09 pm

I believe that someday, a man actually worth my heart will sweep me off my feet, and that I will get the happily-ever-after that I believed I would have when I was 21.

MindyMom June 11, 2009 at 11:12 pm

I believe I will be successful…

In life
In love
In my career
In attaining justice
In attaining peace

Great post Alaina. And I'm not surprised your necklaces sold out so fast – they're great. (and we need the earings too!) ๐Ÿ˜‰

chantelle delaney June 11, 2009 at 4:16 pm

I believe that my daughter and I can be a complete family all by ourselves.

ElizabethF June 11, 2009 at 11:19 pm

Such a beautiful post Alaina!

I'm not sure what I believe yet, especially about love and where life will go from here – other than the feeling that in this moment I am exactly where I should be, so I better be 100% present so I don't miss anything.

Samantha June 11, 2009 at 4:20 pm

You are such an inspiring writer! Don’t stop believing…

abrookshire June 11, 2009 at 11:28 pm

I believe with all of my heart that soul mates really do exist. My parents set the example for me and I believe that everything that has happened to me and that everything I've been through will play a fundamental part in me meeting my soul mate. I also believe that I wouldn't have an emptiness inside of me and an ache in my heart for my soul mate if my soul mate didn't really exist.

I also believe that being a mom is the single-most greatest thing I will ever do in my life. And while that may sound depressing to know that your greatest accomplishment has already happened, I think it's totally and amazing that my greatest accomplishment has already been achieved because now I get to spend the rest of my life in awe of my little boy and how much he's improved me and changed my life.

GritGirl June 11, 2009 at 11:31 pm

I believe in love.
I believe in love at first sight and love that lasts forever.
I believe you have to create a space for love
And when you least expect it, I believe love will show up to take its place.

NetterB June 11, 2009 at 11:37 pm

I believe in my husband, my children, everyone around me, but I struggle to believe in myself.

Asha June 11, 2009 at 11:46 pm

I, too believed that I would find a soul mate and just two weeks into a new relationship I believe I HAVE found my soul mate. He completes me, and I complete him. We actually had this conversation last night, and I was absolutely amazed that he felt the same. I'm comfortable with him, and he ADORES Monkey. I'm excited. So now, I believe in Happily Ever Now (as Morgan says).

Monica June 11, 2009 at 11:49 pm

What a wonderful story of your parents…
I believe I will make it thru school, my associates and my bachelors, and become a teacher. I believe that I will make a WONDERFUL life for my daughter and we will be out on our own (not living with my mom) within the next year and a half to two years.

paula June 11, 2009 at 11:52 pm

I believe in peace, That one day the world will all be able to live in harmony without all the prejudice, racism, and hatred towards others for their beliefs. Maybe not in my lifetime or my daughters but one day There WILL be peace, I BELIEVE!

Becky June 12, 2009 at 12:17 am

I want to believe that there is someone out there who will actually value me as much as I value them. Someone who will fill my empty places. I am a single mom. Kids all grown. Just turned 50. And it's harder and harder to believe it will happen. But I do WANT to believe.

Tammy (CruisinTam) June 12, 2009 at 12:26 am

Simple, but true….I believe everything happens for a reason.

Erin June 12, 2009 at 12:35 am

I believe that everything in its own time will come around and work out. I believe in true love, happiness and peace. I believe in all the single moms out there, and most importantly, I believe in myself.

jen June 12, 2009 at 12:44 am

I wrote about this very thing fairly recently. I believe I am a good parent and I believe that I am bringing up a great kid. Read full post here http://semanticallydriven.com/2009/01/i_believe.h

Mary G June 12, 2009 at 12:44 am

I believe that my mom will receive the life-saving lung transplant that she needs and live to see me have children of my own.

Amy Hansen June 12, 2009 at 1:00 am

I believe, that even after 4 miscarriages, I will have a living child – maybe not of my own blood, but I will have the child(ren) of my heart. Some way, some how, some day.

amy June 12, 2009 at 4:43 am

If it is any consolation my mom suffered a miscarriage and two still born babies and went on to have SIX healthy kids. Have no idea how she trooped through it all but there you go. After her devastating losses she had 3 boys, 3 girls. By pregnancy 4 they deemed her cervix 'incompetent' (lovely) and took steps to counteract.

Through adoption or the bio way I hope you have your desired children very soon Amy..

bebe1561 June 12, 2009 at 1:02 am

I believe that I will be a great mother some day. I believe that my father will know my children and they will know and love him the way I do.

Janet June 12, 2009 at 1:16 am

I believe that everything that has happened to me over the past 2 years has made me a stronger, better person.

I believe that my son will grow up to be a kind, intelligent man who makes people smile.

I believe that the man I will grow old with is still out there waiting for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Barry June 12, 2009 at 1:28 am

I didn't believe. I didn't believe my life would be normal. I didn't believe that I would have the energy or time to meet someone. I didn't believe that someone would be interested in a single dad with full custody of his three children and a minivan. I didn't believe my heart would ever be whole, Lucky for me, someone believed differently. She believes in me. Now I believe.

Helena June 12, 2009 at 1:34 am

I believe that things in life happen for a reason. Single motherhood has only proven that. My life began when my daughter was born. I believe!

Dawn June 12, 2009 at 1:49 am

After 30 something years of my life…I finally believe in myself. I believe that I can do whatever I set out to do, regardless if I fu** it up once in awhile. ๐Ÿ™‚ (Though sometimes..I start to falter and doubt myself..in the end I believe)

BTW …I hope this wont be the last batch, I want one but won't be able to get it until late next month.

arscuore June 12, 2009 at 2:06 am

I believe that my son will grow up to be a better, more capable person because of the decisions I have made. I believe that there could be someone out there for me, but I also believe that if you plan for it, life will throw you a curveball, so it is better to have no expectations and take things as they come. I believe that people will begin to accept autism and those who deal with it, and stop treating it as if it is a disease, and something to be "cured". I believe I am the happiest I have been in my all of my 34 years, and that I'm finally becoming the person I was meant to be.

Sheila June 12, 2009 at 2:35 am

I believe in me. I believed I had the right to be happy, and left my exhusband. I believe I can raise a smart, responsible son. I believe that I will change my life in the next few months – I will have a job I love, where I make enough money to support me and my son, and where I am respected.

I've done it before, i will do it again.

Maureen June 12, 2009 at 2:39 am

I believe I will make it as a writer.
Period. End of story.
Love your blog.
You make me believe I will not always
be a single mama…..
or grandmama.

TsQuest June 12, 2009 at 2:43 am

I believe that you are falling in love. ๐Ÿ™‚

I believe that all of us are worth that. And I believe that love is always there for us.

Jen June 12, 2009 at 2:58 am

I believe that my son's dad will eventually act more like the dad my son desires and needs. I believe my son will always love his dad no matter how many times he's let down and I believe that one day his dad will be someone my son can truly depend on.
But I also believe in love, happiness and all the other wonderful things in life. I believe in letting go of the past and living for today. And I believe everything will fall into place over time – it just takes patience.

Amy in Sedona June 12, 2009 at 3:02 am

I believe in myself being a great single parent.
And I believe in Peace, Love

Yvonne June 12, 2009 at 3:26 am

I believe that every moment of loneliness, every fear, every heartache has a purpose. We need to experience the bad, in order to truly appreciate the good.

Mama Feelgood June 12, 2009 at 3:29 am

I believe that I will one day be debt free

2luvs4nj June 12, 2009 at 3:47 am

I believe I am worthy of being loved – it's taken me awhile to get there and I honestly didn't know if I wanted it…I do, with every part of who I am – I know someone has to be out there that will love me.

Anna June 12, 2009 at 3:48 am

I can't believe I missed out on the first batch…I'm totally in for a necklace on batch #2! ๐Ÿ™‚

amy June 12, 2009 at 4:38 am

I am so damned HAPPY for you all. Love your blog and check it daily. So great to hear of you so happy and ALIVE, loving life ๐Ÿ™‚

Anne June 12, 2009 at 4:49 am

I believed I would find my soul mate and I did!
I believed I would find true love and I did!
I believe that I will succeed with my current aspirations to obtain my college degree and open my own home based business.
…..and to think…..I started all of this as a single mom of 2 @ the age of 21!

Erin June 11, 2009 at 10:17 pm

I believe that someday I will get to be a mother. Someday

Melissa June 12, 2009 at 5:19 am

I believe in myself, that I can accomplish anything that I set out to do and that I can make a better life for myself and my two boys.

Apples June 12, 2009 at 5:43 am

I believe in family. It may sound silly but be it blood or the family (friends) you pick up along the way. There are times I thought the only person I needed was my daughter and myself. -That we could do this (everything) alone. Well I don't think I could without my family…. I may not be blessed with a large family. I don't have many friends and don't come from a huge close family but I am blessed with what I got.

linda June 12, 2009 at 6:37 am

I never stopped believing that someone would love and treat me the way I longed for.I think I have met him.I knew he was out there ..I just had to believe..I would find him.
I also believe that my four children will continue to amaze me until I draw my last breath..
Thanks for the post, I needed to remember how important believing is !

Suzanne June 12, 2009 at 6:42 am

I believe that I have found "the one". I believe that raising 6 children alone has been a challenge, and that I have done an amazing job. I believe that a broken heart can heal.

I believe that you can learn from your mistakes. I believe that my daughter will become potty trained in the next 6 months.

I believe that dreaming is the most successful attempt at success.

Busymomma66 June 12, 2009 at 11:26 am

I believe:
I will find him and he will find me.
I will live the creative life that lives deep down in my soul.
I will be happy.
I will make things happen.

Sarah June 12, 2009 at 12:27 pm

I believe. I believe in faith and God and karma and new days and fresh starts and in myself and in love. Thank you so much for making me feel like that is okay to do, and that it's the right thing to do.

Dasda February 4, 2015 at 10:32 am

SBB:>> …. ้„ง็Ž‰ๅฌŒ ไบ‹ไปถThank you for sharing the info. Even tho it was one of the top-ten 2009 news in China, I miessd it completely. According to Wikipedia, it appears some of the local officials and/or supporters were trying to cover it up.>> … ๅ€ชๅŒก …. ไธญๅœ‹ๅœ‹ๅ…งๅพˆๅคšไธๅฏๆ€่ญฐ็š„ๆ€ช็พ่ฑกI should go to the Chinese section of the local public library and see if I can borrow some of his books.>> … ๆŽๆ€ก … ไธ้Ž่ˆ‡ๆ™บๆ…งไบบ็”Ÿๆœ‰้—œ็š„ๆ–‡ๅญ— ๆ‡‰่ฉฒๆ˜ฏๆญทไน…ๅธธๆ–ฐ ๆ†ไน…่€Œไธๆœƒ่ฎŠ่ˆŠ ๆฏๅ€‹ๅนดไปฃ้ƒฝๆ˜ฏๅŒๆจฃ็š„็œŸ็† I am not sure of that. More often than not, what we call “facts” are actually ppl’s opinions!!! And opinions are hardly universal truths !!

Sang D June 12, 2009 at 12:29 pm

I believe there are honest men out there that will not cheat on their girlfriend or wife. After the countless dates and going through about 10 years of infidelity, I still believe he is out there. Cheating is one of the most horrific thing a man can do to a woman, it makes you feel weak, not worthy of anything or anyone, lifeless, emotionally drained…and after the array of girls, a baby, and a near knock down drag out….I gave it up and realized I was better than that….and yes people think I am nuts, but I still beleive there is an honest man for me!

jen_k_ June 12, 2009 at 1:19 pm

I believe in my ability to create my own world. So I believe I had better hunker down and start believing in love if I ever want to find it. xo

Brenda June 12, 2009 at 1:19 pm

I believe we are all here as companions on the journey…to embrace one another and make life worth living. Thanks Alaina for helping us all believe in that…no matter what the circumstances.

Melody June 12, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I believe that God has a plan for my life (Jeremian 29:11) and I believe that I can be content with whatever he has planned for my life including whether it's to one day be married or not.

jasmine June 12, 2009 at 1:31 pm

I believe that there is someone out there that I can trust to share my world with that is looking for a mutual love. That even though I am a single mom with two kids that I have plenty of love to share. I believe that I am beautiful the way I am and HE is looking for me…

shannon June 12, 2009 at 2:05 pm

I believe that life will ALWAYS surprise me. And I'm happy for that.

cookiesmommy June 12, 2009 at 2:07 pm

I truly believe that I will one day meet my "John Bear" and he will love me and my daughter unconditionally until the end of time. We will laugh together, cry together and always be there for each other. I now he's out there somewhere.

Ashley June 12, 2009 at 3:24 pm

I believe that if you love someone, you can conquer the world. I truly believe…

Kristy June 12, 2009 at 3:52 pm

That was a great post. Everyday I believe more that I can make it through the day without going totally crazy. I go through the day one step at a time. I stay home with my two kids and I watch my cousins two kids. So I take each day as it comes. I believe that as my kids get older that I will have a career and be able to start doing whatever it is that I want to do. I have been struggling to find out what that is. I love being home with them but I have been doing it for so long. It has been a long time since I have been truly happy. I also believe in love. I am married to a great guy, he's a good father and a hard worker. I believe that I was once in love with him but finding myself not in love with him anymore, but I love him and always will. That is very hard to admit and even harder to write. I do believe that I will be truly happy again someday. I think that I need to learn how to believe in myself,

jenner92 June 12, 2009 at 3:57 pm

I believe that someday very soon, I will wake up and not think of him first thing. I will not weep when I see his eyes or his smile in the beautiful faces of our two children. I will not wonder where he is, what he is doing, or who he is with. I believe that someday very soon I will be able to play with my kids in our backyard and not think of how cute he was helping our 2 year old build the swingset, how the sheer joy of watching that very moment brought tears to my eyes. I believe that someday very soon I will be able to hold both of our children's hands and not feel as if there is a missing link in our chain. I believe that someday very soon I will not worry about going on without him and how we will make ends meet. I believe that someday very soon I will be just fine. I believe that I can make it through today and that someday very soon, I will believe in myself again. I do believe.

Salambo February 4, 2015 at 3:31 am

Ston EASST exo na paratiriso oti auto pou eealegizvtai einai na min imaste ipikoioi tis Amerikanikis autokratorias alla na ginoume ipikoiioi tis Rosikis (alitheia mporeis na mas thimiseis pos ferontousan oi Tsaroi stous Oukranus, Georgainous ktl; me to knouto i me kati varitero?)An auti einai i idea sou euxaristo den tha paro kai an proteineis na kanoume plitki me vasi oti eipe kai oti oneireutike o kathe (makaristos) kalogeros e tote lipamai alla sou leirei i sovarotita.Apo oti timamai pantos oi Autokratores tou Vuzantiou (p.x. i megali mou sumpatheia o Vasileios B! Boulgaroktonos) den pigaine se kalogerous na tou poun ti tha kanei me vasi ta opoia oramata tous! Alla autoi vevaia itan sovaroi anthropoi vevia en antitesi me kapoion edo pera pou grafei rosolagnika epea preroenta. Epeisis an sou exei erthei fagura na fineis Rosos ipikoos pigaine tin Rosiki Presveia! Eimai sigouros oti tha deiksoun katanoisi stin periptosi sou giati oles oi megales dinames gia koroida san esena psaxnoun! Epi ti eukairia poios mas afise ksekremastous to 1770 kai to 1790?Opos epeisis diladi gia sena oi katholikoi ktl. ellines polites den einai ellines?APANTISE EPISIS AN TOLMAS APO POU KAI OS POU EXEIS DIKAOMA NA KANEIS TIN OPTHODOXIA SIMAIA POLITIKOU KOMATOS! APKETA ME TIS ANOISIES TOU HUNTITHON!Christos Voulgaris apo Londino(Grafo me latinikous xaraktires epeidei garafo apo tin vibliothiki tou Enfield sto Londino kai edo oi upologistes den exoun to elliniko alfavito)

Sheena June 12, 2009 at 4:00 pm

I believe in the possibility of finding love and someone who accepts me for me.
I believe my son will grow up to become a very, succesful, driven man in life.
I believe in living life to the fullest and making every day count!!!

lauren June 12, 2009 at 4:26 pm

i believe that those i have loved and lost are still all around me. helping to guide my way. cheer me on when i need encouragement. smile right along with me on the best days.
i also believe that i will one day have a beautiful family of my own to make the best days with. the best [new] memories.
i believe i'll leave an impression on them and i'll always be around them. even when i'm gone.

Mandy June 12, 2009 at 5:48 pm

I believe my parents letting me down is the reason I am successful and fiercely independent today.
I believe not everyone will let me down.
I believe God is good.
I believe in love.

Aprille June 12, 2009 at 5:55 pm

I would rather buy the necklace from you but I did want to say that I am so happy for you! You are such an amazing woman and mother and you deserve someone who can see that. Someone who will love you and your son and appreciate what joy and love you bring into this world.
What do I believe? I WILL BE HAPPY.

RanchGirl June 12, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Right now, mostly I believe in karma.

Jennifer June 12, 2009 at 6:23 pm

I believe that I can give my daughter every opportunity in the world! Hopefully!

Amanda June 12, 2009 at 6:28 pm

I believe that I will have a safe, healthy pregnancy. I believe that even though this baby wasn't 'planned' that I will give my child everything he/she deserves. And I believe even though my due date is on New Year's Eve, fate will be kind. (Who am I kidding?)

TsQuest June 12, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Oh these are so much fun to read! You should make a book out of this!!!

Mary June 12, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Awesome entry!

I believe that we should start each day anew. New hopes, new dreams and believing that no matter what happened yesterday, today is different and tommorrow is miles away.

lilcyndiluwho June 12, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I believed that I didn't need a man and could be happy alone. And I was right. I also never stopped believing that even though I didn't need a man to be happy that love still existed. I was right about that too.

Amber June 12, 2009 at 7:36 pm

sent you an email bc my post was way too long.

these comments are so great!

Mikaela June 12, 2009 at 8:31 pm

I believe that everything happens for a reason. ๐Ÿ™‚

mssinglemama June 12, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Me too.

Sent from my iPhone

Melissa June 12, 2009 at 8:35 pm

I believe in me, I believe in my daugter and I believe that I can and will be everything she need in both a mother and a father. It's not a perfect life but it's our life!

Abbie Toy June 12, 2009 at 9:53 pm

I believe in…GOD. He is the reason I am here, in this moment, right where I am supposed to be.

TorontoMama June 12, 2009 at 11:48 pm

I am now a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason.

Brittany June 12, 2009 at 11:50 pm

I believe that it's entirely possible that your soul mate has been right around the corner, all along, and I believe that this is for the best. I believe it's possible – and maybe even probable – that we met at exactly the right time. I believe that I'm luckier than I thought.

Tammy June 13, 2009 at 1:55 am

Once …
I believed I had found my soul mate.
I believed in him.
I believed he loved me and my kids.
I believed him when he told me she was just a friend.
I believed him when he told me I wasn’t an alcoholic.

Now …
I believe I am an alcoholic.
I believe in myself and my recovery.
I believe in the program of AA, and its Promises.
I believe I am entitled to the truth, whether it’s what I want to hear or not.
I believe God loves me and my kids, and that I am a good mother.
I believe life is good, especially when I live it one day at a time.

Patricia June 13, 2009 at 2:57 am

When I found out the kind of man he really was, I thought my life was over. Now I believe it is just beginning. I believe that everything in my life, good and bad, has brought me here to where I am today; exactly where I am supposed to be.

Vicky June 13, 2009 at 12:17 pm

3 years ago I never would've believed I was capable of accomplishing what I have since. Today I believe (know) I can do anything and everything. I believe I can choose to be the person I want to be despite what life throws at me. I believe life is intentional and that I'm on the path to wherever it is I'm supposed to be. I believe if you choose love over fear every time, it comes back to you…someday. I believe I was meant to be a Mom and that my incredible, beautiful child was meant for me. I believe I have a soul mate and that he'll show up right on time. I definitely believe….

Thanks, Alaina, for the blog that makes me laugh, cry and not go completely insane!

SCMom June 13, 2009 at 2:18 pm

I believe I'll get out of this current mess — that my daughter will heal from being molested by someone we both trusted — that I will heal from this physical pain — that I will one day be self-sufficient again and then be able to help others the way I've been helped.

Mz Mami June 13, 2009 at 6:54 pm

This is such an inspirational post. Thank you.

I believe I will be accepted into the January 2011 intake for the nursing program…..

I'm going to finish up all my prerequisites by August 2010.

Full time work/part time school (until I get accepted-then it will be the other way around), and single mom-ness is definitely a challenge but I believe I will have all the help I need to succeed.

*believing and praying

Andrea June 13, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Oh Alaina, you made me cry today. I´m having a shitty day, scary, awful.
I cry because I believe in such a little amount of things. My son, two friends, in my creative skills, and today in you Alaina. Today you make my day. Today I have to believe that my ex is not taking my son away from me. Im scared as hell.

Meredith June 14, 2009 at 1:00 am

I believe in my strength. And I never would have known the strength that I had until I began the journey of single motherhood.

Brandon February 4, 2015 at 4:14 am

i like the “Keep Running!” and the “I Believe I Can Fly!” stickers!!too bad im stuck in Canada… I’ll buy them next time when i go back to Taiwan.. which is like 1 or 2 years later.. holufelpy at that time, youll still have extra stock for them (not jinxing you >_<)..

gttlrs June 14, 2009 at 6:36 am

I believe that my love and I will finally meet soon. We have known each other for 9 years online, talking every day, been through trials and triumphs together "hand in hand" and we have a very special relationship. We haven't met yet due to unfortunate circumstances such as him suffering severe illness and me going through a very bad time personally but we're still together every day, talking, crying, laughing. I believe with all my heart this is the year when we will meet!

Nikki June 15, 2009 at 3:07 am

I believe I will be happy again someday…I'm just having a hard time figuring out exactly how that will be, but I'm sure it will happen…eventually.

Kristin June 15, 2009 at 8:09 am

Dude. I know that exact space of forest in that picture.

We miss you guys.

Elise June 15, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I believe that I will do great things in life. It's hard when you feel insignificant and inexperienced and young–but I know that I will pull through and accomplish something great, because I believe in myself.

amy2boys June 15, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I believe in a spark from across the room. I've had that and I married it! And I believe that necklace would make me SO happy!

Alicia June 15, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I believe in God, and in Heaven, and in life everlasting.

MissLaurenn June 15, 2009 at 2:17 pm

I believe in MY FAMILY, when i have no one else in the world i have my family. My husband my daughter and my parents. They are always there for me. I believe in motherhood. Its the hardest and easiest gift i have ever been given. She is my everything, and sometimes its hard doing it all, but then i think well, her daddy (my husband) is a great man that takes care of us and loves us and works ALL the time just so we can have everything we need. Besides spending all day and all day everyday with her is soo awesome and soo amazing seeing her grow and develop. ANY way, I also believe in GOD because he has gotten me through some rough rough times when i was so scared to be a mom when i didn't even know if i'd have My NOW husband there he kept me going and kept me strong. SOoo.. ya thats a few things i believe in. Love your blog and your Beautiful necklace i look forward to buying one soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Saba June 15, 2009 at 3:32 pm

I believe that I will find happiness!

Nina June 15, 2009 at 4:46 pm

i believe I will live life so that my son will grow up happy, contented and able to deal with anything that comes his way.

Natalie June 15, 2009 at 7:25 pm

I believe that I will get my Ph.D. one day and that I can make a positive impact on a student's life, just like mine made on me.

I believe I will be a good mothers, not perfect, but my children will always know I love them.

I believe, that if even for a day, I will conquer my anxieties and finally relax.

Amymarie June 15, 2009 at 7:57 pm

I believe in me.

Tishia Lee June 16, 2009 at 2:24 am

I didn't believe that at 24, a single mom with tons of debt and nowhere to go that I would ever make anything out of my life. But then I woke up and realized that in order to reach my dreams and raise a happy, healthy son that I had to believe in myself. Here it is 10 years later and by believing in myself I've started my own home business, moved to the city like I always wanted, have raised my son to be a well rounded, respectful 10 year old and still believe that I have many more goals to reach and that I can achieve it all!

Amanda June 16, 2009 at 9:26 pm

*I believe that I will finish school (this decade).
*I believe I can do it on my own.
*I believe one day my daughter will look at me with nothing but respect and now that I've done it all for her.

Rachel June 17, 2009 at 7:24 am

I believe my post might still count as it is only just after June 16 in the wee hours of June 17…I am an active troll, LOVE LOVE your page, have been eyeing this necklace, and have come out of hiding inspired by LEAVES…even though this is my first comment and may not count towards WIN A LEAF NECKLACE I wanted to say I believe if one is seeking to soothe a soul, or even their own, they should breath with their heart. Doing so has done WONDERS for this single mama's emotional healing…