Secret Code

by mssinglemama on June 4, 2009

A few weeks ago the Bear and I were on a date.

I still can’t believe how much he spoils me. Dates galore, dinners, drinks, whatever I want and it’s lovely. We were talking about something or another in regards to this site and some issue I’ve been having and then he said, “Let me check out the code.”

The code, meaning the actual code or HTML or gobbly gook that runs everything.

My heart skipped a beat, my pulse raced and I actually blushed. And then I realized that talking code makes me hot. Yes, it’s come to that.

So what happens when you take two dorky web geeks and put them in a suit shop?

One wanders around a bit lost while the other grabs her camera to document the pure hilarity of the situation.

suitshop

Then they both throw up their hands and say

suitshop2

“screw this,” let’s go get a beer.

beer

MommaSunshine June 4, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Sounds like a match made in heaven!!

(He's adorable, btw)

mssinglemama June 4, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Isn't he just? Adorable…

Manic Mommy June 4, 2009 at 7:14 pm

He is such a cutie! His eyes are so blue! I'm telling you, I am thinking mssinglmama & the bear are quite the match… NICE!

mssinglemama June 4, 2009 at 9:03 pm

I have to agree with everything you just said. ; )

Brittni June 4, 2009 at 7:38 pm

You guys are spending an awful lot of time together and it is so GREAT!!! It sounds like you guys have each found someone to bring out the great qualities that you both instill and have hella fun while doing it. Have I mentioned how adorable you two are together?

P.S. Let someone else behind the camera so we can all see a picture of both your pretty faces smushed up against each other!! =)

mssinglemama June 4, 2009 at 9:03 pm

I will… this weekend for sure. We have big plans! Whooooo hoooooo….

abrookshire June 4, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Ugh! He is so cute!!! I love your entries about him, girl! I'm so glad you have someone you enjoy spending so much time with!!

mssinglemama June 4, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Isn't he though? Just THE cutest, I'm telling ya… can't believe I found him. And we do have so much fun together – that's the best part.

Abby Carter June 4, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Gotta love a guy who can fiddle with your code! Ah, Geek humour. Love it!

Sheila June 4, 2009 at 10:58 pm

So sweet!

Christina June 4, 2009 at 11:21 pm

It hit me with these pictures – he has George O'Malley's eyes (Grey's Anatomy)! A melancholy sweetness hides beneath.

The geek humor is hilarious.

mssinglemama June 5, 2009 at 1:29 am

So glad you appreciate the geek humor.

Canadian Bald Guy June 5, 2009 at 12:04 am

I'm just glad I'm not the only one finding happiness out there. Good for you, Alaina. 🙂

mssinglemama June 5, 2009 at 1:29 am

So happy for you too!

TsQuest June 5, 2009 at 12:13 am

I too find talking code hot. Maybe that's why my degree is in IT!!

I'm happy to hear you sound all gushy girl. That's a first! You two are gorgeous together.

mssinglemama June 5, 2009 at 1:29 am

This is definitely a first, that's for sure!

amy June 5, 2009 at 2:10 am

Ditto!

Karen June 5, 2009 at 10:02 pm

He's a cutie! New to your blog and love it!

TorontoMama June 6, 2009 at 12:38 am

Adorable!
And if you're like me, you must love that scruffy look…And now I know why you called him the Bear…he looks so huggable!

You look right together 🙂

Louna June 6, 2009 at 1:09 pm

You're one of the lucky ones… Enjoy life to its fullest! 🙂

christeen June 6, 2009 at 11:21 pm

You two are simply adorable~

ALICIA June 7, 2009 at 5:01 am

He is GORGEOUS. That being said, I'd have to say that he is the lucky one to have You! Glad you're so happy!

Natalove June 17, 2009 at 8:12 am

Your story here reminds of Serena Ryder''s song "Out of the Blue" a bit…All her songs are amazing. Check her out

Natural Menopause July 13, 2009 at 12:58 am

wow… very nice post thanks!!! i really like it

Angel Blue Eyes July 13, 2009 at 12:59 am

mmm… You two are simply adorable~

Rebecca July 5, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Dear Alaina,
I’m sure you’re going to get all kinds of messages about your article in Woman’s Day magazine. I hope that I’m not lost in the mix when you read this. I get tons of magazines, especially for free, since I had my son, Max, a year ago in August. So I almost flip blindly, until I saw your article. When I read it, it took my breath away with how similar it is to my current situation and moved me. I was so in shock I couldn’t even cry, and I’m a crier. It’s been four weeks now since I moved out of the house I shared with my husband, his two boys, and our son. Max and I moved back with my parents. Because we’d been having problems since before we married, this was my final straw and knew that in my heart I didn’t want to go back. But, my husband is a manipulator and convinced me to work on it with counseling with our pastor. I’ve gone a couple times and have stayed at the house a couple times. He’s made promises that things will be different and in front of the pastor, he smooth talks and twists everything so that all the problems are my fault. But in a nut shell, my existence in our marriage was a nanny, house keeper, and prostitute. I was disrespected by him and his two boys. In the couple times I’ve been back, nothing has changed and I actually feel physically sick. He still disrespects me and allows his boys to walk all over me. I had told him that I would move back, but hadn’t officially done so yet. I talked to him on the phone tonight and he was nearly ordering me to come home. Saying that he feels like I’m putting my parents before him. Which is ridiculous for HIM to say because there have been times when his mother and father would be yelling at me and he would just stand by and let it happen. He never once defended me. All this being said, I want to know how you got the courage to get out and how you got over the loneliness. I don’t have any friends now because before we got married he made me call them all up and tell them I’m no longer allowed to talk to them. I was young and he is 18 years my senior. Thinking this was my only chance for happiness, I listened. I also didn’t finish school and if I go back, I have no future. I have made plans to finish school this fall, but he’s already dropped hints that it may not work. “Unavoidably” so. I used to have the attitude that “I do what I want” and was a pretty brave person and very independent. Because of this marriage I’m just so broken down. I’m just lost.
I’m sorry for unloading on you like this. And I’m sure that it all means nothing to you. But if you get anything out of it, know that your article will be with me no matter what happens.

Seasonal Allegies August 25, 2010 at 1:55 pm

It’s incredible how a male can look upset in shop, why they don’t like to buy clothes and fancy stuff, I can’t understand their way of think. However nice pic, what a happy couple.