My Tattoo

by mssinglemama on April 30, 2009

I know I have been scant.

I hate that.

I have so many things to write about. But time is not my friend, especially when I have a video to edit.

Here’s the result.

I hope you love it as much as I do.

Special thanks to Biggs at High Street Tattoo for coming in on a Sunday to make this happen and to Bradley Spencer, the best friend a girl could ask for and a super power genius SEO WordPress Expert.

1. Does your online dating profile need a make over?
  2. My Disclaimer & My Apologies.
  3. Under Construction
  4. MySpace and Facebook Ex Purge
  5. Chaos and calm.

{ 2 trackbacks }

Single Mom Friday Zen
May 1, 2009 at 8:37 am
Our New Leaf
May 21, 2009 at 9:30 pm

junctionmama April 30, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Awesome!!
It's a beautiful drawing and it looks great :)

Karen April 30, 2009 at 6:51 pm

That looks beautiful! Where can i get one? :)

Hanna April 30, 2009 at 6:53 pm

I love this video! You're going through your own single mom transformation, and its so damn inspiring for the rest of us! The leaf totally rocks. The outtakes are hilarious too! I heart you Alaina. I can't wait to see the next video.

Jenn April 30, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Awesome! Love the tattoo – way to go Mama!

Juggle Jane April 30, 2009 at 7:20 pm

The "BEFORE" pic of you is hilarious! You are HANDS DOWN the most photogenic person I have ever met!
And the look on your face after "I totally recommend everyone getting a tattoo", when you realize Biggs is ready? BWAHAHAH.
Thanks for this video – I have been on the tattoo fence for a bit and this is definitely swaying me…
Congrats, mama – for making it out of the woods!

mssinglemama April 30, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Well, you better post a photo of yours when you're done! What were you thinking of getting? and where?

Spruce Hill April 30, 2009 at 7:42 pm

It looks really cool! I want to get a pink ribbon tattoo sometime to celebrate kicking cancer's ass!

Laura April 30, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Awesome Tattoo…love the line "not as bad as having a baby"

I waited till I was 40 before I finally got one

Mz Mami April 30, 2009 at 7:47 pm

loove the vid!! awesome tattoo …ur hilarious!!

Janet April 30, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Love the outtakes and the music when you got to the tattoo shop was great.

Can I ask–b/c i'm kinda not knowledgable about this stuff–how do you edit videos like that? I would love to try it for some stuff I have of Daniel.

Thanks!

mssinglemama April 30, 2009 at 10:56 pm

iLife '09 – iMovie… best movie program ever for beginners.

Jen April 30, 2009 at 8:38 pm

I absolutely love the tattoo! It's gorgeous! Congrats.

thewarriorpoets April 30, 2009 at 8:49 pm

The ink looks great, and awesome job on the video whoever did it.

Tina April 30, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Not as bad as having a baby!
Very true.
Nice job! I love the leaf idea for the tattoo and the necklace.

The Queen April 30, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Biggs hooked you up! Best tats are ones no one has a duplicate of and that is what you got there. Also – out takes – adorable "Fuck it, we'll do this later!" Gave me a great laugh so thanks!

mssinglemama April 30, 2009 at 10:55 pm

So glad I made you laugh!

Dawn April 30, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Awesome as always Alaina! Love it!

mssinglemama April 30, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Hey there lady! I'm announcing our Columbus play date soon… hope you can make it.

Dawn April 30, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Certainly! I would love to, HOWEVER, I have clinicals on Sundays for the next ummm 7 weeks???? So if it is on a Saturday, we WILL be there, with enough advanced notice….but if not…maybe we can get together for a playdate with just ours. Keep me posted…probably email (or twitter email)is the best, havent had time to twitter or blog lately (in case you havent noticed..lol)

Canadian Bald Guy April 30, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Love the tattoo…love the video…love the outtakes.

I'm also curious as to what program is being used to edit the vid…because it looks great.

…but hey…when are we gonna get an update on that date with The Lion that you were going to have???

mssinglemama April 30, 2009 at 10:55 pm

I use iLife '09 on my iMac. SO easy it's ridiculous. A bit of a learning curve though.

As for the lion… will have to keep that under wraps for a bit for his privacy. But it was a lovely date!

Sheila April 30, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Wow – great tattoo!

Bill April 30, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Ink looks great. Love the detail. Almost like fancy filigree.

christine May 1, 2009 at 12:19 am

you did it!! love it!!

above average joe May 1, 2009 at 12:51 am

I got my first one recently as well. I felt very similar in why I did it. Good for you.

TsQuest May 1, 2009 at 1:49 am

What a great video and the tattoo is GORGEOUS!!

Thanks for sharing this and being your inspiring self!

amy May 1, 2009 at 1:53 am

You make me laugh!! Great video, awesome tat!

Victoria May 1, 2009 at 2:13 am

Very cool – congrats!!

notasoccermom May 1, 2009 at 3:42 am

Too crazy! my sister has enough tattoos for the two of us… I will admire yours!
You videos make me laugh.

Jasperblu May 1, 2009 at 4:04 am

Be careful A, you may end up w/ full sleeves like me. LOL.

Nakia May 1, 2009 at 3:03 am

Great video! I love the tattoo.

I second you on recommending tattoos. They're awesome. I got one just for me last year and have actually been considering getting something to pay homage to my little boy.

Kgrrrl May 1, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Very cool ;)
I highly recommend them too! Going for my 4th at some point…
I 'heart' them – though mine are all hidden, except one on the inside of my wrist with 'Amor'
It's good to be happy!

Shannon May 1, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Love it Alaina, it's gorgeous!!! What does Benjamin think about Mama's new ink? (Didn't mean to rhyme)…I brought B when I got my tattoo seven years ago. It was a symbol for our Irish heritage and a Celtic symbol for motherhood. She knows my tattoo is about her and she's proud of it too. Excellent video. Love, love, love it.

bsmommy99 May 1, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Bsmommy

Lorraine May 1, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Color choice for leaf? Shit stain that close to crack…just saying

biggs May 1, 2009 at 9:11 pm

hope you like the tattoo, it was a fun experience to be filmed while tattooing. had a blast, hope to see you again for more work.

Andrea May 2, 2009 at 4:29 am

You are brave, I thought you were getting a really tiny leaf, instead you got this "huge" tattoo, it's awesome. I got recently my first tatoo also. Its a star, its tiny !… but it means a lot for me, its my guide star…. . And you where brave with the process too, you looked funny, with mine I was pale, I almost fainted, a mess, they gave me a Coke and made me laid in a couch…
So I want a necklace, it's a sweet idea. I'm afraid I cannot be helpful with that from here but I'm sure Etsy will be fine. enjoy your tat! your kid will love it! mine loves my star and asked me to "ink" him with markers too!

Rebecca K. May 2, 2009 at 7:39 am

It's been over 3 years for me too ! And I also agree that my life as a single mom has stabilized and is more and more enjoyable! I would even say that I feel as though my kids and I are THRIVING now! I feel stronger, more in control, more carefree and just more HAPPY !! :) Isn't that what we all want afterall?

ps: I think a big part of this is that my little one is also now 3 years older and hence much easier to take care of.

PepperAnn May 2, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Love the blog but hate the tattoo. I'm not a tattoo kind of person. And my son has them on his arms and legs and back of the neck so I'm not picking on you. Just wanted to voice my opinion.

Savored Life May 3, 2009 at 4:28 pm

I say: whatever makes ya happy, girl! I went on YouTube and read the "Hater" comments…There have always been and always will be those with different opinions. The ones that NEED to put others down to entertain or make themselves "feel better", are testament to their own issues. You can smile NO matter what. (Seriously, the fact that they took the time to watch and THEN comment makes me chuckle…) I think the tattoo looks beautiful and knowing that it is TRULY symbolic and meaningful to YOU is all that matters.

As always, thanks for sharing! :D

skylar mccready May 6, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Very, VERY well done video! Great editing and music :) I'm not as brave as you though, still haven't jumped into the tattoo pond yet. I'm having a hard time with the image in my brain of what one would look like by the time I'm 80. lol Props to you for getting it though, it's very nice. Biggs gets a bigg thumbs up!

Great luck with all,

skyM

Anna May 10, 2009 at 12:39 am

So this post really jump-started my thought process… I've been thinking about a tat since my divorce. I did some research on symbols, and decided to design my own, but it will have bamboo leaves in it, so you are an inspiration! Thanks!

Nikki May 12, 2009 at 5:53 am

This is hilarious! :O) I have one on my back, too, and could feel it all over again watching this! Great video and tattoo design! Good stuff! Single Mama's rock! (Kinda inspires me to do something different with the one I've got…) Hm…

~N