The wow factor.

by mssinglemama on April 26, 2009

There are few material things that ever really wow me.

Here are two.

Benjamin’s new “water boots”.

boots1

For the first time in three years Benjamin’s father bought him a pair of shoes.

He had no way of knowing this but I’ve been trying to find a cool pair of puddle stomping boots for months. But they never had Benjamin’s size or they were just too cartoony. These are perfect.

We’re about to enter week three of our two nights a week arrangement and with each week my ex is being more responsive, more engaged as a father and even more attentive to my concerns and my needs. I’m not over analyzing it, wondering why now or what next. I’m just enjoying this and fanning the flames of hope.

The future doesn’t have to be so  frightening. I make it frightening as a defense mechanism. It’s a bad habit to break but I’m working on it.

My Ford Fiesta.

I am absolutely divinely head over heels in love with my new ride.

ford-fiesta-movement

I just got home last night but Benjamin and I were out and about all day cruising.

Now I’m wiped out.

I have a lot of video to edit, some posts to write and a secret self-induced single mama mission to tell you about. I just had to go rogue and get a jump start on this whole mission thing. The story will have to wait until I sleep and catch up on everything else.

Until then check out my Fiesta Movement Training Flickr pictures. Start with this picture of me on Lake Michigan in Chicago. Sigh. Then head over to Morgan’s Flickr of the trip because she is actually a photographer. Her shots are, as usual, out of this world.

1. The Ex Factor
  2. When is daddy going to bail?
  3. The Easter Man
  4. Eyelashes
  5. There’s a man in my bed.

{ 1 trackback }

Unexpected reality
May 27, 2009 at 7:47 pm

bliss April 27, 2009 at 3:02 am

you got fancy graphics too, i see. solid choice. i have yellow fancy on a squeeze backdrop and everywhere i go i get stares.

Janet April 27, 2009 at 3:04 am

That is very cool about Benjamin's new boots. Some dads get more engaged when their kids get older. Maybe that's it?

Also, the pic is adorable. Looks like he's got the shoes on the wrong feet. :)

Glad you're having fun with the new car!!

Canadian Bald Guy April 27, 2009 at 3:04 am

Good to see Ben's dad is coming around. That's a great move for everybody involved.

And the car? It looks pretty sweet. Small, but stylish. And the inside looks fantastic at night! I'm really looking forward to seeing what it is that you "agents" need to do over the coming weeks.

I'm just gonna live vicariously through you for awhile until I get my own exciting life. You don't mind, do you?

Miranda April 27, 2009 at 3:10 am

Man, I'm completely intrigued by your "tease." Can not wait to find out. Also looking forward to all of your missions, though!

Also, yay for Dad buying Ben some cool boots!

Sheila April 27, 2009 at 5:46 am

Woo woo! I'm loving your ride, girl!

Kelly Olexa April 27, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Hey Sweetie!! So nice to meet you and hang out a bit at the training. Love the blog too!! Have a great week- can't wait to see what we all do this year with our Fab Fiestas!! WOOT! ;-)
@kellyolexa

littlemansmom April 27, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

above average joe April 27, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Am I the only one who noticed Ben's boots are on the wrong feet? It makes the pic that much cuter.

April April 27, 2009 at 5:26 pm

Great pic. Funny, I was wanting to buy my son a pair of rain boots and a coworker popped in with a pair too small for her son, never been worn. Same pair.
Any chance of you and baby daddy to reconciliate?

bird April 27, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I'm so sorry I didn't make it to the W after Neko!!!!!! My date had other very surprisingly romantic plans for that beautiful night!!! I was like we need to go meet this tow awesome girls at the W and he was like "uh, but we can't 'cause I have other plans for us." We actually almost had a huge fight bc I was "these girls never come to Chicago. I have been dying to meet them. We can walk around after we see them"

My architect took me on a "green" architecture night tour that involved lots of timed surprises along the way! Ended at a room he reserved downtown with room service and everything! I hope you gals had a blast. I'm so thankful that that unnamed fellow you tried to match make me with sent me running back to dreamy architect. Maybe that is what I needed. So thanks for the love vibes!!!

mssinglemama April 27, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Okay… that right there, sounds like the perfect date. You are completely off the hook for not coming.

Lauren April 28, 2009 at 2:24 am

I'm so excited to see the progression of this whole Fiesta Movement thing (especially because I will eventually need a new car in a few years, and for some reason I have a thing against Ford, which I'm hoping gets erased because the Fiesta looks awesome).

I hope I get to see one in person, too, because apparently there's an agent within a half hour of me!

mssinglemama April 28, 2009 at 2:37 am

Oh!!! Who is it? I probably met them at my training? They're all so nice so I bet you can meet them.

Ms. Single Mama April 30, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Who is it? Do you know? I probably met them. And who knows… I could be making a road trip through Michigan!

Lauren May 1, 2009 at 12:23 am

It's Natasha Wescoat. We live in the same tri-city area, which is pretty cool. From first glance at the Fiesta Movement website, there are quite a few agents in Michigan!

notasoccermom April 28, 2009 at 3:27 am

I am so happy for you and absolutely excited about the color of the decal you chose. so classy!!!!
you deserve this!

Amy in BC April 28, 2009 at 3:35 am

Glad to hear things are working out with your son and his dad. Fingers crossed he keeps on surprising you and they develop a great relationship.

Nice ride!!

thewarriorpoets April 29, 2009 at 3:23 am

"Fanning the flames of hope"

Perfect perspective.