The Easter Man

by mssinglemama on April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We’re heading down to grandma’s today with Mia and Sydney, who are both doing really well (I’ll bug her for another post)

My ex’s request and hate mail [updates]

I’ve  decided to let Benjamin’s father keep him for two nights this week. Your advice on that was, as usual, spot on. My favorite tip is to take it week by week, see how it goes and always let Benjamin say if he wants to stay or vice versa. It’s all about Benjamin and if he wants his dad then he gets his dad. And even though my ex-husband has even expressed desires to go back to Canada, he’s still here. And I shouldn’t deprive my son of his father while he still has one around.

I also do believe, especially after reading a comment from Canadian Bald Guy (a single father himself) that men can change as fathers because the children change.

If you’re looking for something really awesome watch his video in response to  my hate letter. He basically tips his hat off to single mothers in a big, big way. Coming from a single dad that means the world to me and so did all of your comments. The world, people. Seriously. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You all made her words disappear in an instant.

{ 1 trackback }

November 22, 2009 at 11:03 am

Anna April 12, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Panties!! You made me laugh out loud!!

Susan April 12, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Happy Easter – from one not-Martha Stewart to another 😉

Nikki April 12, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Love the photos!

MommaSunshine April 12, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Happy Easter! Love the "panty pic"…I think all parents could do with a little blackmail material for future use….. 🙂

Karen April 12, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Aww that makes me want a boy. My mom has a picture like that of my little brother, although it was him at his birthday party blowing out candles. Your son is so cute!

Spruce Hill April 12, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Hope you both have a happy Easter!

thewarriorpoets April 12, 2009 at 8:23 pm

Love the pic of Benjamin in the truck bed… the new camera is paying off.

Now go out and splurge on a 50mm lense and you're really in business.

Canadian Bald Guy April 12, 2009 at 6:21 pm

OMG…your son is gonna HATE that pic when he gets older (lol). That's a great ransom tool.

And thank you so much for the link love, MSM. As is the case with my comment on how fathers can change (and as was the case with the video on single moms), I just commented from the heart as openly and honestly as I could. I'm just glad I could bring a different perspective to the conversation.

Hope you're having a great weekend. 🙂

Nico April 13, 2009 at 1:54 am

It's so bittersweet to get more help from your ex. I have been extending the leash for some time now and while i totally love the clean house and the quiet when she's gone, it's really lonely sometimes! You get so used to running a million miles a minute, then all of a sudden you don't know what to do with yourself. I ask myself all the time — "am i capable of slowing down?"

I mean, here it is Easter Sunday and even though i'm not religious i'm spouting off blogstuff about the holiday, while my girl and her grandma play slapjack in the dining room…

Can i slow down?

SweetD78 April 13, 2009 at 2:13 am

Your son is a doll! I love your site, by the way!

Jaden April 13, 2009 at 4:30 pm

hehe. Panties.

I absolutely love that first photo. That should be on his wall. 🙂

Julie M in SC April 15, 2009 at 1:28 am

HAHAHA! I call my husband's boxers 'panties' and it drives him nuts (but he secretly must think it is funny because he has slipped and called them that too). LOL! However, he has made it very clear that I am NOT to call our little boy's underwear that….no problem there, he refuses to wear them or go potty!! So cute though….love the post and the pictures. 🙂

A New Day April 16, 2009 at 4:47 am

I think it's great that you're letting Benjamin decide that he wants to see his dad. I think it's important for kids to at least know each parent even if they are not around much. (and hey at least ex husband WANTS to have him a few nights a week).

I'm not a mother myself, but will at somepoint (EVENUALLY) be a step mom to an adorable little boy!! However his dad went through ALOT of time trying to spend more time with his son, from the time he was born. Dad just wanted to be A PART of his life and be as involved as he could be. he moved closer, bought a house blocks apart, and finally went to court to try to get joint custody. he is a fantastic father, and the mom is a really good mom, so I'm not only taking a dad stance. But standing by him for much of that, really shows that not all dads hesitate to be a part of their kids lives. Dad absolutely Loves hanging out with son and really brightens his life in every single way. And things will keep going this good!

Things with exhusband may not be that way right now, but take it week by week and give dad a chance to suprise you once in a while…

Angel Blue Eyes July 13, 2009 at 1:02 am

very nice post.. i really like it thanks!!!

Natural Menopause July 13, 2009 at 1:03 am

wow… I absolutely love that first photo. That should be on his wall. 🙂

Vanesa May 21, 2010 at 7:38 am

Very interesting site, nice photo))

Seasonal Allegies August 25, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Your son is a very proactive guy ya know, some day he will lead a happy family like his brave father. Hahaha also did you notice the serious face that your little child haves ?