Oh yeah, baby.

by mssinglemama on March 30, 2009

For the next six months I’ll be driving one of these

If you didn’t see me freak out about it on Twitter, Ford called me earlier this afternoon and told me Benjamin and I had been chosen as Ford Fiesta agents. Well, Benjamin is more of a side kick but don’t tell him that.

Find out more about the Ford Fiesta Movement here and stay tuned… more to come soon about all of this.

Oh, and here’s the video we entered to win (most of you have already seen it – thanks so much for watching and cheering us on.)

What a birthday week this is turning out to be… and what a year.

Do you believe in fate?

I’m not sure if I believe in fate exactly but I definitely believe in something. I try to explain it all in my latest WeTV post. My stream of typo laden consciousness leads to a story I’ve been keeping from you because I didn’t know what to make of it, and I want your take. Read about it here.

1. The Ms. Single Mama Video! (Yeah, I’m a dork.)
  2. Rockabye Baby…I want to kill the Barnes & Noble lady.
  3. Gone Baby, Gone
  4. One side effect of being a dating single mama…my baby is trying to make out with me.
  5. Fiesta, Fiesta!

April 28, 2009 at 4:50 am
New roommates
July 13, 2009 at 8:26 am
Where did my baby go? | DatingWithaSecret.com
April 10, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Kathy March 31, 2009 at 12:32 am

Awww! That video that you made is SOOO cute! Bejamin is a doll!

Scott March 31, 2009 at 12:32 am
josie March 31, 2009 at 12:44 am

that is awesome! he is a great sidekick!

jen March 31, 2009 at 12:44 am

So what do you do with your Ford Focus while you're whizzing around in your Ford Fiesta? That's all I could think about when I heard your news. Congratulations. That's blogging working for ya hey?

mama_crazy March 31, 2009 at 1:04 am

I congratulated you on Twitter – but CONGRATS again!
I didn't comment on the WeTV piece, but I definitely think that if the cards were that accurate to begin with, then there's a possibility that they're right again.

thewarriorpoets March 31, 2009 at 1:19 am

Congratulations…. thought the video was perfect and am very happy for you two.

Anna March 31, 2009 at 1:22 am

I never met a Dave I didn't like.

Jamie March 31, 2009 at 1:40 am

YAY! Congrats on the Fiesta. I've been checking constantly to see if you were selected or not!!
That is so exciting :)

cyndi March 31, 2009 at 2:18 am

AWESOME news!!! Congratualtions!

Janet March 31, 2009 at 2:23 am

Awesome!!! And I like the name Dave…it sounds like he'd be a reliable and fun guy.

Jen March 31, 2009 at 2:52 am

Congrats!

TsQuest March 31, 2009 at 4:06 am

Woohoo! Congrats again!

Bear March 31, 2009 at 4:20 am

Mostly, I think, we make our own fate. Like yours with the Fiesta (congratulations, by the way).

But that doesn't mean the universe can't have some big surprises in store for us. :-)

Canadian Bald Guy March 30, 2009 at 11:43 pm

This is awesome news, MSM!! Congrats!! Can't wait to see what this is all about with the "missions" and everything. Looks like you're gonna have a blast!!

Megan March 31, 2009 at 8:39 am

Wow! Congratulations on the Fiesta! You should have a party! A fiesta! :) wow about the tarot cards, I think I would be kinda afraid to have any psychic reading – not sure I wanna know. Interested to see if a Dave comes into your life this year…

Susan March 31, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Congratulations on the car…..did you need one? I loved the WE tv article, you are a great writer, I love reading your blog….I am also interested in psychic's, cards, etc…Do you enjoy pulling cards?

JunctionMama March 31, 2009 at 12:55 pm

CONGRATS on the car!
I read your post about tarot cards. My aunt has that gift and she stopped years ago because she read that someone would die and it came true.
Do you have to be with the person when you read tarot cards or can it be done over the internet? I have a few burning questions myself…

mssinglemama March 31, 2009 at 1:34 pm

It's best to be with the person, but you can read our own. Just buy a good book with your deck. Here's the one I recommend:

Irishmom March 31, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Congratulations on the car! The video was honest and adorable, that's why they picked you! Regarding the tarot, the don't always "predict", sometimes they just "imply" an event or something that surrounds it. I never read tarot as "what will happen", more of an energy of what is going on and what it might lead to. I studied astrology for a time too and if you have someone read your birth chart, you can also get "clues" as to what is going on in your life or what might come. Our teacher always said that it never tells you "what will happen" which is good to keep in mind. I know you probably know this, but you experience your Saturn Return at around 30 and it's a big marker in life. See if you can have someone look at it for you. :)

mssinglemama March 31, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Did not know about the Saturn Return… will look into that. Any good websites on that you would recommend?

And … yes, you're absolutely right. The tarots never, ever tell you exactly what will happen because they don't want to change the course of events in the future. They simply tell you what external and internal forces will be working with or against you in regards to a certain event.

Bad Mummy March 31, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Oh, the Saturn Return. You might have already hit it and the result was leaving Benjamin's dad.

Congrats on the car. Loved your video. I recognize the age 3 so very well.

Rebecca K. March 31, 2009 at 4:22 pm

That is totally awesome! I predict a Ford Fiesta commercial in your near future after your 6 month trial is over … I'd keep notes :)

ModernSingleMomma March 31, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Holy Awesomeness. Congrats! I can't believe I missed the tweets, you little superstar you.
Come visit us soon in Lex so we can ride in your new wheels.

notasoccermom March 31, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Sweet!!!!! enjoy the new car smell.
Dave? Dave? stranger things have happened

Pisceshanna March 31, 2009 at 9:26 pm

You may not have turned 30 on the 30th, but I think this birthday is about as golden as it gets! Can't wait to see your adventure videos on Ford.com

Lindsay April 1, 2009 at 3:03 am

Wow, Congrats! You go mamma!

mom2threeinmd April 1, 2009 at 3:06 am

I think it could really happen!! Ever since I was 27, I was told by tarot card readers that I was going to have two girls at the same time. Became a joke in my family, and when I finally met my (now ex) husband and I got pregnant at 35, everyone swore it would be twins. No twins, not even a girl, but a lovely little boy. Tried and tried for 3 years for #2, nothing happened, went to a doc and she said let's do IVF (by now, I was 38). Of course, this is how I'm getting my twin girls, right?? But IVF failed, and we moved on to adopt a little girl from China. Just as the paperwork was about to be sent over to China, surprise, I'm pregnant! And … you guessed it … after we decided to go ahead with the adoption anyway (just on a slower schedule), we found out that I was pregnant with a girl. When my daughter by birth was a year old, we went to China and adopted my second daughter, and my TWO GIRLS AT THE SAME TIME are 6 months apart. So long answer, but YES, I do believe you could be meeting Dave!!