Breaking Single Mom Love News

by mssinglemama on March 4, 2009

Mommy Pie has fallen and so has her man.

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you’ll know that Mommy Pie is by far one of my favorite single mom bloggers. And even though she wasn’t looking at all, and even though she lives out in the middle of no where, she’s found a man.

They reconnected on Facebook.

He had been a flame of hers in high school. After months of chatting on the phone they’re finally spending time together in the flesh. And guess what? He wrote a post on Mommy Pie’s blog today.

Check it out here and tell me this doesn’t make you want to jump up and down in excitement for her. This guy is hilarious and so romantic – just like Mommy Pie.

A Mr. Pie.

So awesome. A single mom in love. It’s quite amazing when it really happens.

Cheryl March 5, 2009 at 4:10 am

OMG! This is wonderful news!! Yay for @mommypie !! Yay for single mamas everywhere… there are good guys out there, I know there are. Why? B/c @mommypie found one. 🙂

Sheila March 5, 2009 at 6:27 am

How sweet! 🙂 I love love.

April M March 5, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Rad. 🙂 So. Totally. Rad.

PhenomenalMama March 5, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Ah love…good for her!! 🙂

TsQuest March 5, 2009 at 4:31 pm

I heard that she'd found someone… I hadn't made it there to read about him yet. Hooray! It is wonderful news!

Pisceshanna March 5, 2009 at 5:03 pm

I heart mommypie too. I feel her pain, living in Podunk Mountain towns.

mssinglemama March 6, 2009 at 3:30 am

Used to be in one myself… more like foothills, but still! It is not pleasant if you need a man because there aren't many around.

LiLi March 5, 2009 at 6:30 pm

This is so sweet. After my divorce, I also found an old flame from high school – actually, it was a crush, he was barely aware of my existence back then. We've been together now for about a year and a half. 🙂 I wish nothing but the same kind of love and happiness for Mommy Pie and her man.

Janet March 6, 2009 at 2:34 am

Aww..adorable. I've never even read her blog and I'm happy for her!

Yvonne Elizabeth March 6, 2009 at 5:46 am

There are great guys out there. I found one them. It only took 32 yrs of life, a failed emotionally abusive relationship that lasted six years, two years of being divorced, scared, and lonely…and then it happened. A single dad with full custody of his little girl. We live in the same neighborhood, take our kids to the same preschool, and both have endured hellish relationships with partners that decided they didn't want to be parents anymore. Did I mention we also go to the same therapist?! LOL We're not crazy, we're both just a little broken and bruised. He is awesome. We are crazy about eachother. I know what it's like to feel so lonely you just don't know what to do or where to turn. I guess I just want to say that it is possible for us to fall in love again. It's scary as hell, but it can happen. It just takes time.

BTW MissSingleMama….he is a sexy geeky nerd!!

Congrats Mommy Pie….

PhenomenalMama March 7, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Yvonne — Thanks for posting your story. Being pretty fresh out my marriage (and even fresher out of a re-try at finding love again, it's good to read about someone who has found happiness. I'm at the "scary and lonely" phase right now, just doing my best to feel what I'm feeling and have faith that love will find me someday…

mssinglemama March 7, 2009 at 6:45 pm

I remember the scary and lonely phase… lasted about one year for me, maybe longer. It will pass though. The trick is realizing that you really have nothing to fear – you are in control now.

I'll be thinking of you.

Katherine SOLOdotmom March 6, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Yes, Yvonne – I agree. It can happen again for us who have loved and felt broken and bruised from the failure of it. I too have found a wonderful man in only recent weeks who thinks the world of his two boys and we are finding joy in getting to know each other that cannot compare with any other relationship I have had in the past. Just to be near him makes me happy. Ours is still in its early stages, of course, but it reminds me there is still hope.

Congrats to Mommy Pie and Yvonne and here's to new and beautiful relationships!

PhenomenalMama March 7, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Hope is a good thing to have. I hope to have hope again someday. 🙂

Katherine SOLOdotmom March 9, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Hang in there PhenomenalMama… I have been divorced four years and left almost 6 six years ago. What I learned about myself during the lonely times is interestingly worth it. But always keep the hope… it's what keeps us pressing on and doing all we have to do at this stage….

mssinglemama March 7, 2009 at 6:52 pm

And you should read this post (if you haven't already):

2dayssinglemama March 9, 2009 at 8:58 pm

So there is hope?! 🙂

Kristina March 13, 2009 at 10:55 pm

How cool! I reconnected with an old boyfriend at the beginning of January and we've been talking multiple times a day every day since! It was like no time had passed… though it had been 13 1/2 years. We've both grown and had amazing life experiences. The things that drove us apart before are things we outgrew… its just amazing. He'll be here in 3 weeks and is already looking for a job so he can relocate here. So add me to the list of single moms in love. I was and am still shocked!

Social_King March 19, 2009 at 7:26 am

There is someone for everyone…..