Home.

by mssinglemama on March 2, 2009

Turns out it isn’t a place.

3324629808_6a8c914a0d

We had a magnificent time.

Not sure if I ever want to take a vacation without this guy again.

We’re completely wiped out. I’ll be writing more as soon as I get some sleep, until then check out my Flickr photos for a sneak peak.

Canadian Bald Guy March 3, 2009 at 3:27 am

Your pictures turned out amazing. It looks like an incredible place. Looking forward to reading all about it.

DesperatelySeekingMe March 3, 2009 at 3:48 am

Glad you're back and love that you felt you had taken "home" with you 🙂 The photos were great!!!

SingleParentDad March 3, 2009 at 10:17 am

Fantastic snaps.

I agree that as long as you are together and happy, it doesn't matter where you happen to be.

TsQuest March 3, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Wonderful photos!! Looks like you both got the chance to breathe and just be. Now THAT'S home.

🙂

PhenomenalMama March 3, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Looking forward to reading all about your time together. 🙂

Random Esquire March 3, 2009 at 8:15 am

Great pictures!

Love the composition of this one.

-R.

newsinglemama March 3, 2009 at 4:37 pm

I made the exact same realization when I took my little babe on vacation last month. Home is wherever we are, together.
Love the pictures!

mssinglemama March 3, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Awesome…

K8 in the Northridge March 3, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Hey Alaina — Just wanted to say 'hi' and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you on Sunday at the park! I didn't quite know what to do with myself and all those strangers… Was I just supposed to just walk up to people and say "Hi, I'm K8 in the Northridge"?! I dunno, I felt silly. But if I'd known who you were I certainly would've come over and introduced myself. 🙂

Glad you had a nice trip! Your pix are beautiful.

mssinglemama March 3, 2009 at 11:43 pm

Were you there? And yes, that's what you were supposed to do… so many of us did – was awesome. But that's okay! I totally understand. It can be overwhelming to meet new people.

keeshabee March 3, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Beautiful pics! Looks like you guys had a blast. I wish my mind and soul could be in a place like where you guy guys went.

mssinglemama March 3, 2009 at 11:43 pm

Me too… wish everyone could be in a place like that, at least once in their lives. It was unbelievable.

Jeffra in Fresno March 3, 2009 at 8:50 pm

What a wonderful time my husband, baby and I had on Sunday in the park! I wish we could have gotten to know you better but it was lovely getting to know Matt a bit. It was so thoughtful of you to arrange that play date for him. He and Maddy look like they are thriving and embracing all the support in spite of all the grief! He clearly is setting his sights on finding a meaningful future. Thank you so much for the opportunity. It was our best family day with our new baby yet! Hope to see you again sometime.

Henley March 3, 2009 at 10:33 pm

Welcome back – and honestly, is LOVE in the air? I sense something interesting going on with you and Matt!!! Do tell!

mssinglemama March 3, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Nope. But I do think Benjamin is in love with Maddy.

Sent from my iPhone

mssinglemama March 3, 2009 at 11:39 pm

I'm so glad you had such a fun time… we'll definitely do that again if I'm ever out that way again.

mssinglemama March 3, 2009 at 11:45 pm

What is composition? I'm SO not a photographer but I love that you love it… means a ton coming from you.

Kemi at CSM March 4, 2009 at 1:27 am

Head out to the link and see a surprise for Ms Single Mama!

Lesli March 5, 2009 at 12:16 am

Glad to hear the trip was a success! The boys and I are off to Vermont Sunday–plane ride to Boston to meet an old friend then a four-hour drive to VT. + you-know-who is going. Wish me luck on that, LOL. : )

Random Esquire March 5, 2009 at 6:42 pm

Composition is really nothing more than how you chose to integrate the parts of your picture. Some people always center their subjects, slap the horizon slap in the middle of their picture, etc. – it makes for a boring picture.

But I dig the fact that we get half of the top side of you and the bottom half of Benjamin. It makes for a very interesting picture – makes you look twice.

-R.

p.s. xo, lady!

mssinglemama March 6, 2009 at 3:29 am

Ahhhh… thank you. You were the second person to say so hence my – okay, what in the hell is that? XO right back at you R.