Top 5 Sexiest Twitter Dudes

by mssinglemama on January 23, 2009

Twitter is sexy?

Um. Yeah. It is.

Here’s a news flash, people don’t just like Twitter because of the information we can share and the friendships we can form – the place is also a gigantic flirtatious chat room. Think about it. We all flirt every day in the flesh – why not on Twitter?

If you’re not on Twitter yet – you will be sign up (takes a few seconds) and start following these guys.

The 5 Sexiest Dudes on Twitter

1. @PeteCashmore

He’s smart, he’s sexy, he commutes from Scotland to San Francisco and he’s the CEO of Mashable.com. And with a follower count of over 38,000 I think it’s fair to call him the Prince Charming of social media. See another picture of Pete here on his Twitter profile.

2. @bs

Smart is the new sexy but this guy is beyond smart — he falls asleep dreaming in code. Just read his Tweet up there. Amazing. Right now he’s working on ClickBall.com, an online application he believes could be just as big, if not bigger than Twitter.

3. @Baby_Obama

Funny is sexy. I have no idea what this guy really looks like but he makes me laugh on a daily basis. That is hot. (And so is that picture of President Obama – GO Obama!). Follow Baby Obama – whoever he is – here. Follow up reading – here’s a list of the best Fake Twitter Users.

4. @GetDanNow

Ummm… yeah, I want to Get Dan Now. [Hint: to see a larger picture click here] Dan is the CEO of AccentU8Marketing, an interactive branding and marketing firm in Sydney, Australia. Oh and he’s also a professional snowboarder. Follow him here.

5. @StevenBJohnson

I can’t remember how I stumbled upon Steven but his blue eyes even radiate through a tiny Twitter avatar. Here’s a full blown shot. A married father to three boys, Steven is totally taken. But us Twitter girls can still admire him. In addition to creating three companies he’s also written six books – if you have a second check out his most recent book, Invention of Air.

And more of my favorite Dude Twitterers:

—–

Who are your Twitter crushes? Am I the only one who has them? That would be embarrassing. For the record, I have yet to actually date someone I’ve met on Twitter but I’m sure that’s not going to last… Twitter is the future. Seriously. And if you have a blog – it’s an incredibly powerful way to drive traffic to your site, share posts and keep an eye on the buzz of the day.

Follow me on Twitter here – @mssinglemama.

If you want to see more beautiful men check out my post on the Top 10 Most Beautiful Men in the World (with video).

1. What makes him so irresistible?
  2. Shocking Hillary Clinton Video

{ 2 trackbacks }

Top 10 Sexiest Twitter Dudes
September 2, 2009 at 6:14 am
Top 10 Sexiest Twitter Dudes « YesImASingleParent
September 3, 2009 at 3:16 am

Sarah Morgan January 23, 2009 at 6:14 am

I have to agree with a wee bit of a crush on #1. Pete made our Hot Blogger Calendar – and boy, does he look good! http://www.hotbloggercalendar.com/

Susan January 23, 2009 at 7:42 am

My secret Twitter Crush is on a happily married father…chrisblake. He’s a musician and, well, check him out.

bobby January 23, 2009 at 8:09 am

Looks like you may have started a whole new blitter, or should I say twogger craze? lol

Matt T. January 23, 2009 at 8:11 am

Well, I’m not going to pout. Rather, I’m going to be confident in knowing that you left me, @Fortran, off this list because you care too much about humanity.

Lo! for if a woman…or man…or robot follow me, they suddenly become entranced to the point of stopping all work. And I don’t want to be responsible for causing the economy to fall even more.

Ali January 23, 2009 at 8:18 am

I also have to throw chrisblake on this list….and can say I am very pleasantly surprised that I follow all of these sexy men but one, who I will add immediately!

Another Twitter bene: I have seen the human side of cycling through Twitter; and am amazed at the grassroots Twittering effort by Lance Armstrong to get everyone he knows on there, all for the greater good of cycling, and LiveStrong. Very, very cool stuff. I have been “watching” the Tour Down Under each night from the car, as Lance’s coach Johan twitters away throughout each race. Simply awesome.

Michelle January 23, 2009 at 8:31 am

Ok, yes…I’ll admit to a couple of twitter crushes- not here of course (not as brave as you!) but there are some that you can’t help but be slightly taken with =)

And, completely agree with you on your favorite dude twitterers- Ian, Matt, and Seth are all great men.

Gabriella January 23, 2009 at 9:04 am

Hands down I think the sexiest Twitter is @TMTYL what an absolute doll :)

T January 23, 2009 at 10:18 am

I’ll admit it…I have no clue about Twitter or the apparent joys it can bring. I signed up…I’m following your updates…but I just don’t “get it”.

Hmmm…

Dawn January 23, 2009 at 10:41 am

When will we outgrow the deliciousness of window shopping?

Sheila January 23, 2009 at 10:51 am

I don’t know why I’ve been resisting the Twitter bandwagon … cute guys on Twitter, who knew?

Ms. Single Mama January 23, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Hey everyone…

Also Dave Matthews is on Twitter! He actually updates every once in a while (usually very late at night) but find him at twitter.com/davejmatthews

If you don’t get it… well, start by just following a lot of people and then communicating with them – be sure to reply to other Tweets and check your replies tab. Took me one month to figure that out – yes, I’m slow at stuff like this too.

Also use tools Like TweetDeck or TweetScan to find people with similar interests.

Good luck and have fun.

And Matt – you’re so funny! Made me LOL – for real.

~Monica January 23, 2009 at 12:16 pm

I like you more and more each day Alaina : )

Carolyn S. January 23, 2009 at 2:55 pm

He would probably hoot if he saw this, but the picture of Hugh Macleod, @gapingvoid, always makes me smile. And for a truly “out of the box” nomination, have you seen @BigRichB? He assures me that is really his very own back. No comment on that.

Laura January 23, 2009 at 9:20 pm

LOL I have a twitter date on Monday night :)

We have some hotties here in South Africa – we actually recently had a little competition with polls and all on who was the hottest twitter nerdie – it was fun!

Jorjussss (Jahn) January 23, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Okay………………. I joined lol! And i’ll admit.. im a tad lost!
help me @ JAHNAx ha!

xx

SingleParentDad January 24, 2009 at 1:18 pm

So, technically, technically, does that make me your 6th sexiest Twitter dude?

Not my words, the words of the wonderful Ms SingleMama.

Thanks for the link love, and for generating some more lovely Twitter chums.

Zoeyjane January 24, 2009 at 1:59 pm

I simply cannot argue. But I’ll have to trade Baby_Obama for Eric Northman. Even though he’s a fictional character. Shh.

Maive January 24, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Maybe I’m an idiot but I’ve tried the twitter thing, barely anyone I know is on it…how do you find random people to follow?!

mssinglemama January 24, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Maive…

Great question. The beauty of Twitter (to me) is the ease at which you can meet new people. If you’re looking solely to connect with old friends than Facebook is your answer.

The main reason people use Twitter is to network and gain new information about their area of expertise or even basic news. The key is to just follow people who you find interesting.

If you’re looking for people in your geographic area use Twellow.com. If you’re looking for people talking about something in particular like “swimming” or something – use Tweetscan.

I use twitter for a few things…

1. To get instant feedback on tough mom decisions (seriously, all of my Twitter moms save me every day).

2. To read up on news .

3. For entertainment (a lot of funny stuff on there)

4. To meet and make new friends in my area.

So… depends on your priorities. But at the end of the day – it’s a really, really fun place to be. Just go to my page and check out my followers — start following them and then respond to their Tweets. You’ll soon find a network of friends on call 24/7. Pretty cool.

CM January 24, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Seth Simonds should have been on that sexy dude list and at the top. Not only is he absolutely adorable, but he’s friendly, funny and intelligent! My vote is for Seth!

Maive January 25, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Thank you MsSingleMama — been a fan of your blog for awhile! I hate to be uncool and unhip and when you first talked about Twitter, I was so there…lol. Then I got a bit lost.

*hugs*

Joyous Living January 28, 2009 at 3:56 am

Guess I have to work on my sexiness to make your list someday.

Lance January 30, 2009 at 3:04 pm

10 Twitter Hotties You Should Follow is up. I’ll tweet also.

Mike February 12, 2009 at 7:04 pm

I nominate myself for the most average looking guy and possibly could take the title of least interesting.

lauren March 5, 2009 at 1:07 am

I nominate @hhotelconsult. I am going to marry that man!

Christine March 23, 2009 at 7:03 pm

fyi – the links to ian and matt are reversed

Sexy Czarcasm March 30, 2009 at 4:11 pm

For a hot Grandpa (but he doesn't look it, does he?) @chippewa29 floats my boat.

tricksypop2 October 27, 2009 at 3:41 pm

My twitter crush is @CoryBooker. Sigh.
Smart, handsome, funny, oh, and he’s trying to make Newark a better place.