Holy crap, People.

by mssinglemama on January 16, 2009

There’s nothing more surreal than seeing your friend in People Magazine.

Okay, I’m sure being in People would be even more surreal. But still opening it up this morning and seeing Matt, Liz and Madeline was quite an experience. All of this is overwhelming Matt (but in a good way).

Matt and I will be seeing each other again very soon… so excited! More details on that to come. And at the end of February I’m taking Benjamin along with me to the Los Angeles so he can meet Maddie. He’s a big fan of blondes so I think it will be love at first sight.

Go pick up today’s issue if you haven’t already.

And if you have a moment check out the Liz Logelin Foundation website (just went live today) where you can make a donation using PayPal or post one of the Foundation’s badges on your blog. The proceeds will go to young widows or widowers with children.

Can’t think of a better cause and it’s all for the love of Liz.

——

And also – the winners to my Fresh Start Contest:

[The nice people at OnlinePosterPrinting.com threw in two extra poster prints - one for Mia and one for another lucky winner. I've also decided to give her my copy of Getting Naked Again - the book is crazy good if you're trying to get back out there and date. I can't put it down.]

Poster Winners:

April K., Kristina, Molly and Mia.

Book Winners:

Jamie, Kat, Christine, Heather and Ali.

Thanks to everyone who entered! More contests to come – eventually everyone will have a prize, I swear. May take a while though.

1. Stuff White People Like
  2. Married people are weird (for the most part).
  3. Oh, those married people…
  4. Holy Amazon men, Batman!
  5. Flatten Your Fear Contest Winners!

Sheila January 16, 2009 at 11:48 am

Yay for Matt!

Anon January 16, 2009 at 12:16 pm

I have this issue. I read it. It was so disheartening and sad. I just wish Matt all the best from here on out.

Angel January 16, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Damn it!!
I went during lunch and bought what I thought was the most current People copy and there was NO MATT! Ugh! I’ll have to search around town after work.

LB January 16, 2009 at 1:51 pm

I’ve been following Matt’s blog for a while now and am so happy he was able to start this foundation. I am sure he will do great things with it. Can’t wait to pick up my copy of People!

Tami January 16, 2009 at 4:02 pm

He is amazing. As a doula and Mom I know how strong he is. I have been at so many births both good and bad, but nothing like this.

It is great that he is doing things for his daughter and healing himself.

cyndi January 16, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Gotta get a copy of that!! I just heard about a dad in England who when through the same thing recently and thought of Matt.

JuggleJane January 16, 2009 at 5:43 pm

What a great article! And a great guy!

What’s this about an LA trip? Can I get in on some Ms. Single Mama action?

mssinglemama January 16, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Cyndi – is it Ian of Single Parent Dad?

He is awesome too – another one of my good friends.

Here’s his blog: http://www.singleparentdad.blogspot.com/

mssinglemama January 16, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Juggle Jane – yes! Send me an e-mail… I think we’re going to have to have a big picnic or something.

Laura January 16, 2009 at 9:07 pm

WOW how very cool for them!!!

PT-LawMom January 16, 2009 at 9:13 pm

He is really doing a wonderfully generous thing by starting the foundation, I find it truly amazing and inspiring that he’s been able to come so far in such a short time. I’ve read his blog for several months now and he’s so raw and honest. Can’t wait to pick up the People spread tomorrow.

J-Fo January 17, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Uh, please be sure and tell Mr. Logelin that I will be expecting an autographed copy of this! :) This is excellent. Excellent news for both Matt and the foundation, I’m sure!

Katherine (SOLO dot MOM) January 17, 2009 at 2:14 pm

I will have to look for a copy this weekend…. awesome.

Tami January 21, 2009 at 11:47 am

I. Squealed. Out. Loud!

Yes, squealed! I turned the page and stumbled upon the article Friday evening not even realizing it was the new issue of People. I was esctactic!! I know this will do big things for the foundation :-) and I couldn’t be happier for Matt, Liz and Madeline!!