Just floating thoughts in my head of what makes a man sexy (to a single mom, and therefore eventually to all women because most of us will be mothers). This man, by the way, is a figment of my imagination. And while I have dated different men who possessed at least one or more of these qualities I have yet to find the entire package.
But there’s definitely still hope – major hope! I’ll never lose that. If I compared this to my Sexy list pre-Benjamin days I think there would have been some big differences.
So here goes…
My Top 10 Things that Make a Man Sexy
1. The sight of him doing the dishes, sweeping the floor or mopping. Seriously, works like a charm.
3. Making me laugh.
4. The simple worn flannel shirt never fails.
5. Boxer briefs or boxer shorts – NOT tightie whities (this, I believe, is universal).
6. Picking up the check but having the confidence to let me grab it every once in a while.
7. Creative play ideas for kids (this is THE real winner).
8. Ability to express emotion and feelings without losing his cool.
9. Just a subtle splash of cologne (don’t kill me please).
10. Listening skills coupled with just a dash of empathy (I know it’s tough for men but just a dash, that’s all).
That’s my list. What would be on yours?
Notice… not a bad boy feature listed. Good stuff! I’m telling you. Progress, my friends, I’m making major strides. Bad Boys Be Gone! Ha.
And here’s some advice on where to meet men. One item that’s not on here: New Year’s Eve parties (assuming you can find a sitter, always the tricky part). And this is all assuming you even want a man. Remember the key is wanting one not needing one.
[Photo: Some random HOT Patagonia model, buy the shirt here – sorry, he’s not for sale]
And, without further ado….
Kick Ass Christmas Contest Winners:
The winner of the strangely robotic cyborg toothbrush is: Candy, who is going to name hers the Blanchinator. Here is her comment:
Mine would be… the Blanchinator… (blanchir – in French – means to whiten…)
And each morning and evening after I brush my teeth, I’ll warn him in my most Arnoldy voice that… “I’ll be back!”
Hee hee… corny, I know… but if I win, I can’t wait to tell my French students stories about him!
Ooooh… and she speaks French. I took foreign accents off of my sexy list after my ex-husband, but it definitely used to be on there.
And the second place prize – the $20.00 Macy’s Gift Certificate goes to…. Rebecca!!!
[I chose the winners by shutting my eyes and scanning my cursor down the page of my post. There were well over 70 entires between the blog and Twitter. So thanks everyone! I wish I could give you all a prize. Seriously, one of these days I will – I’ll think of something.]