Pumpkin Pie.

by mssinglemama on November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving rocked!

We spent my four days off out at Grandma’s and I have the crazy pictures to prove it. I was going to write a big, long, slightly cheesy post tonight but instead I’m going wtih all of these pictures.

Here’s Benjamin refusing to put on a hat and giving me a familiar look of defiant independence I imagine only my own spawn could muster.

Look at that face! Doesn’t he look like he wants to punch me?

There’s the little hat in his hand. This was just seconds before he threw it onto the floor…

I gave up and instead went for gloves. Wearing his own would be against the Toddler ethics code but he happily put on grandma’s and we took off into the woods to watch Larry, Den and Mr. Man chopping wood. [For the record: Mr. Man can split a piece of wood in one swing.]

All was well because Benjamin was back – outside – with his dudes. Larry, my mom’s boyfriend and my uncle Den are Benjamin’s favorite two people on Earth (aside from Thomas the Train).

After marveling at the wood chopping Uncle Den tossed Benjamin around in a huge pile of leaves.

The next morning Larry harassed Benjamin during his breakfast, using Benjamin’s blankie. If you can’t tell – he’s a peasant lady begging Benjamin for a kiss.

That afternoon Benjamin found himself on the porch of a mini-house built for little men like himself. He refused to let me in and actually slammed the door on my face several times. Eventually he did invite me in, but only after I promised not to take him back to the car (sorry, it’s fuzzy – I was freezing).

Hope you all had as fantastic a Thanksgiving as we did! Do you have any stories? How did it go with the relatives? Were you the only single at the table?

No related posts.

amber November 30, 2008 at 10:05 pm

That sounds like a GREAT Thanksgiving! I am so happy for you. Benjamin seems like such a happy, well adjusted little boy. My daughter and I spent our first Thanskgiving since her father left us for another woman, with the ex in laws believe it or not. Great people, love them dearly, although it was slightly awkward since they know what their son did. Im glad yours went so well! Im thankful for this single momma blog, for helping me to stay sane!

Laura December 1, 2008 at 10:44 am

Oh those are lovely!! Looks like loads of fun!!

No stories this side – there were no celebrations!

Sheila December 1, 2008 at 10:45 am

Glad you had a great thanksgiving!

I spent the day with my parents and sisters and then the next day and Saturday my son had some visitation hours with his dad. It worked out pretty well, all in all, but I am POOPED today because my son, who is 15 months old, thinks he’s spiderman and I am constantly running around after him! Not only that, he’s keeping strange bedtime hours and keeping me up!

Amber, I spent part of the weekend with my exMIL, taking my son to visit her mom/his great-grandma. I just love her, and she is like my 2nd mom. I really don’t think I’ll ever have a MIL as great as her again, and I really don’t want to think about that. Too bad her son is such a prick!!!

T December 1, 2008 at 10:48 am

Such a cutie!!

Mom and I ran a Turkey Day 5K that morning before heading to my sister’s for WAY TOO MUCH FOOD!

I spent the rest of the weekend with my brother mostly. It was fun to be around family but I did miss my “me” time. Isn’t it funny how we get used to alone time?

Lisa D December 1, 2008 at 10:49 am

Great pics! Benjamin is adorable!

I am not a mom but am single, and was the only single person at our Thanksgiving. It didn’t bother me, though. Christmas is harder, but I try not to focus on it too much!

I love your blog!

Heidi December 1, 2008 at 11:10 am

Great pictures. Benjamin is such a cutie!!

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, you deserve it :)

pisceshanna December 1, 2008 at 12:01 pm

hehehe Benjamin gets cuter in every picture. We got a major blizzard for Thanksgiving here in Colorado, and I had to go rescue my grandmother before she had a nervous breakdown driving in the snow.

Sounds like you had a delightful time!

Anna December 1, 2008 at 4:33 pm

I LOVE that first picture with the scowl…classic. Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving!

Lauren December 1, 2008 at 5:42 pm

Love the photos!

Other than the five 70/80-something-year-old widowed women and two 7 year olds, I was the only single one among Anna’s dad’s family :)

O Solo Mama December 2, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Benjamin is indeed the pumpkin pie–delectable.