The Changling

by mssinglemama on October 23, 2008

Have you heard about the latest single mom movie?

The Changling, starring Angelina Jolie, is about a single mother living in Los Angeles in the 1920′s who wakes up one morning to find her son missing. This is a true story.

And here’s another movie I’m planning on renting – You, Me and Everyone We Know, about a single father who falls in love. WATCH this trailer, here’s a line I love already “You think you deserve that pain, but you don’t.”

┬╗Check out the rest of my favorite single mom movies!

1. Top 10 Most Beautiful Men in the World
  2. Best Single Mama Movies
  3. Weekend Single Mama Movie: Once
  4. Top 5 Single Mom Movies
  5. Sex and the City: The Movie (trailer is out!!!)

Erin October 23, 2008 at 8:59 pm

“You, Me and Everyone We Know” Is such a great movie!!! I hope you enjoy it!!!

Leah October 24, 2008 at 7:39 am

Yes! Loved that movie :)

jenn October 24, 2008 at 9:45 am

Now I want to watch both of them! I’m going to have to start a list.

solo mama October 24, 2008 at 10:41 am

Can you rent “You, Me, and Everyone We Know” at local video places?

Katherine (SOLO dot MOM) October 24, 2008 at 10:52 am

Had already made plans to see the Changling tonight when I read your blog… and don’t you know, it’s not showing anywhere near ROANOKE!

Bummer!
Grrrrr.

Modern SIngle Momma October 24, 2008 at 1:42 pm

I own You, Me and Everyone we Know. I LOVE IT, I watch it every year beause its brilliant.

And who can get enough of stories of strong single mama’s? so I’m definitely going to see the Changling not to mention I love Angelina Jolie.

jeane March 25, 2009 at 1:14 am

Donovan, Jolie and Malkovich were great in Chaneling, BUT it was so “dark” that I was thinking it was low budget. But it couldn’t be with Jolie and all those old cars in it. But the darkness gave the effect of a low budget movie.

jeane March 25, 2009 at 1:34 am

Donovan, Jolie and Malkovich were great in Changeling , BUT the movie was so “dark” that I was thinking it was low budget. But it couldn’t be with Jolie and all those old cars in it. Yet the darkness gave the effect of a low budget movie. It was so sad and based on a true sick case.
I really like Donovan! Jolie…ahhh….she's is ok… but committed adultery with another woman's husband. This will come back on her as it will the piece of crap husband she stole from a much better actress and much better looking than her. Reminds me of the Liz Taylor tart and Eddie Fischer and their same crap. Back to the movie…. Malkovich was great too and Eastwood should not have made it so dark. What were they hiding?
I rate it a 4…. a LOW FOUR because of the darkness and the low volume sound.

Deanna May 7, 2009 at 10:36 pm

She didn't wake up one morning and he was gone. She had to work and came home and he was gone.