Sextards and Wankers.

by mssinglemama on October 12, 2008

I wish I could, but I can not lay claim to the term Sextard.

Here’s where I found it, Ask E. Jean. The definition: a guy who just wants you for sex.

Pretty cool website actually. Type in your question, like “Why do I fall for bad boys?” and E. Jean will give you a brutally honest answer via video. Made me smile. Her advice on how to weed out the sextards and wankers – don’t have sex with any of them! The jerks will give up and move on, while the real guys will stick around.

Or you could just be a single mom – that works too.

One of the many, many bright spots of this single mom existence is being able to weed out the sextards and wankers by default. But sometimes we fight that gut, ignore the red flags, and dive head first with the best of intentions only to find we’ve landed on a dud. But – hey, you win some you lose some, right?

E. Jean has inspired me.

E-mail me a question – any question – and I’ll give you a video answer. I will try to answer one question a week but things do get crazy around here so forgive me if it’s sporadic. Unless you guys love it, then I’ll bump it up on the priority list. We’ll see how it goes…

Let’s start with the questions.

E-mail them (anonymously if you like) to mssinglemama@gmail.com.

P.S. Don’t forget to set your dials on Monday night.

I’ll be on BlogTalk Radio for SingleMindedWomen.com! Call in if you want – I’d love to hear your voices – at 914-338-1419. Listen live here: Monday 10/13 at 9:00 p.m. (ET)

—–

And here’s a picture from Benjamin and I’s photo shoot today… it went really well. Benjamin was the most photogenic of the two of us though. A model, I am not… we’ll see how they turn out. I gave it my best but there are only so many faces I can make when cued.

Dax, the photographer, is awesome. I’m sure he’ll work some wonders. He’s also quite adorable and lives in a house filled with ex-marines who keep their house as clean as a whistle. I’ve never seen a bachelor pad like that in all of my days.

PT-LawMom October 12, 2008 at 6:53 pm

He is so cute!! (Actually both boys are…). LOL – weed out the wankers. That needs to be high on my goal list.

So how do I get some blog badge love from you, girl? I want to be Ms. Single Mama Approved!

Laura October 12, 2008 at 10:52 pm

Thats a cool pic 😉 Sure they came out stunning! I am also not a camera l so really battled with our shoots!!

I love this post though 😉 Seems though all I get are sextards and wankers – lol could you maybe answer that – why I find all the duds?

Ira February 4, 2015 at 2:40 am

Okay. Read the blog. I’ve tried watching socecr (oops, Football). The most amazing thing to me is the amount of energy the players have to have to be able to run up and down and up and down that huge field. Mind boggling.I was recently in Madrid when there was a match between Germany and Italy. The whooping and hollering that went on all night for three nights (2 before and 1 after) kept me awake most of those night. I’ve never heard so much drunken revelry where the cops didn’t actually come and hose them away with water. Everyone just acted like it was normal.The place where I stayed in Madrid had football on the TV almost all the time. The man of the house was from Valencia. Barcelona and Valencia HATE each other.My brother asked me to buy him some shirts from Atletico de Madrid and Barcelona. Too expensive. He got bufundas. I’m not sure if that is the spanish word for that item or socecr-specific. To me they look like knitted scarves.) My brother, a professor at a midwestern-US university, likes football. He follows Fulham. I don’t understand how my red-blooded, basketball-loving, ACC-raised brother got stuck on Fulham.The clerks at the pharmacy I go to like Man U and Chelsea. It’s interesting to listen to them fuss between themselves about the topic.Anyway, that’s all I know about football. Only another 17 more hours until the earth stops moving.

SingleParentDad October 13, 2008 at 8:20 am

Sextards, is that sexually, politically or socially incorrect, or all three. All ways, I like it, quality wordage.

Questions, questions, questions. I have a load for you, will have to have a think about my best one.

And ‘no model’? While I agree, much like myself, that your son is photogenic, I’ve seen your radio promo poses!

Suzanne B (Crunchy Green Mom) October 13, 2008 at 12:57 pm

I can’t wait to seem more pictures! so.. how come you didn’t make some suggestive winks at the photographer?

Oh.. and what outfit did you decide on finally?

I started a post about my dating from POF.

Take care!!

MichelleB October 13, 2008 at 1:13 pm

I should ask E. Jean why my hubby was such a jerk! i just divorced him recently and then for closure I sold the engagement ring he gave me to http://www.idonowidont.com and felt better about things. I am not sure any advice would save the marriage, he totally cheated on me but you never know. I will maybe ask for advice to where to find Mr. Right part 2!

Pankaj February 4, 2015 at 2:28 am

I’d also like to announce my amzeament that you wrote a whole blog after losing it (the blog) halfway through. It’s one of those things that always makes me either very angry or very weary, so a big pat on the back from me.I grew up in a football-loving household and actually realised that lucky things have no bearing on the outcome of sport, or in fact anything else, during world cup ’98. However, since I started going out with my sport-hating boyfriend I have somehow avoided all football for about 8 years. But this year, I had a yearning for a wall chart and I decided that the World Cup would considerably more fun if I bothered to get into it. I always find with snooker (John Higgins was on Celebrity Mastermind too and he was incredibly funny I’m still waiting to hear that the big scandal was all a mix-up) that I get so much more out of it when I watch all the bits in between where they show the players doing moody poses and talking about their favourite flavoured milkshake, so that’s the plan for this. Probably not with anywhere near as much as I put into snooker though as I know precisely nothing about any of the teams. I recognise the words Rooney, Lampard, Ferdinand etc but I don’t know if New Zealand have any chance this year, I don’t know who is injured or expected to get injured, and right this minute, I can’t recall the name of our manager.Oh, and my boyfriend got England in the sweepstakes so there’s a330 in it if we win.

elisabeth October 14, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Oh yes, whenever I am trying to back a guy up I just mention that I have four kids. Does the trick almost every time.