Beam me up, Scottie: To Denmark Please!

by mssinglemama on August 8, 2008

Two weeks from today – I’ll be here.

With this guy...

And now it’s starting to set in.

I haven’t let myself think about it. I try not to get excited about things. Instead, I stay cool, calm … and then just a few days before it happens – I freak out. Right now, just writing this is making me nervous with excitement. The chocolates, the little cafes, the delicious food, the museums, the shopping and the smiling Danes.

So…

I have yet to even think about what I’m going to pack. Any suggestions? It’s been raining in Denmark for a week straight. I’m thinking I should invest in a super cute rain coat. If you see any out there surfing leave the link. I need help. NO time to shop. Just enough time to order one online though.

I’m packing light. Wish I could put Benjamin in my suitcase. But if he were with me – I might never come back. We’d just steal away – disappearing into Europe never to be found again. Best if he stays back and best if Mommy finally does something that’s 100% for herself. Wondering if this is even possible.

The nice thing about Thomas is that he doesn’t take from me or ask anything of me – he just enjoys me. He doesn’t need me to hold his hand or coax him through tragic life issues. So all of the ingredients are there! Beam me up, Scottie.

Departing August 19th

Returning August 28th

And, of course, I’ll be posting throughout the trip. I want to take you all with me so I’ll be doing it virtually.

1. A bond no man can break. Sorry guys.
  2. The man in the kitchen.
  3. Single mom for sale!
  4. Shared custody…shared toys?
  5. Copenhagen or Bust!

{ 1 trackback }

Lessons Learned. | Ms. Single Mama
August 16, 2008 at 8:33 pm

T August 8, 2008 at 10:44 am

Yay!!!

Yeah, I’ve still got a few months til my soldier is home on leave. When I think about it, I get excited and then depressed. Better to just charge on into life and get excited when I’m down to just two weeks. Ugh. Makes my stomach get all tied up in knots!

I can’t wait to hear more about this!

Exception August 8, 2008 at 1:32 pm

This sounds amazing!! He sounds amazing!! What a nice feeling that he just enjoys being with you because you are you – taking nothing and giving everything… that is how I read this at least!!

What fun!

social network August 8, 2008 at 2:37 pm

Wow, that’s a pretty good effort!

Dan August 8, 2008 at 3:38 pm

rain coat
definately, lightweight and breathable- Columbia brand got some outdoorsy styles

lemme think, he’s got minimal issues- the hand holding: he’s not emotionally needy; the not-needing-coaxing through tragedies: cool under fire, has a plan with contingencies

Yay! my honey’s coming home this weekend from a trip

Lani ~ The Wooden Porch August 8, 2008 at 3:52 pm

Your trip sounds like it’s going to be so much fun!

I’m adding you to my bloglines so I can follow you while you are enjoying yourself out of the county. I LOVE your blog. Thanks so much for commenting at mine recently! Some post soon I’ll link to you as one of the new blogs I’ve discovered and enjoyed.

mssinglemama August 8, 2008 at 4:27 pm

I know – Thomas is a quality guy… and this is going to be THE best vacation ever. Convinced of it.

Dan thanks so much for the link – I’ll check it out. Although practical wasn’t on my list – more like, super cute and chic. : )

Lani – thank you! Your blog rocks b/c of all of your amazing tips on activities, games, etc.

SingleWorkingMommy August 8, 2008 at 8:10 pm

OH! Have fun girl!

OK, I LOVE shopping. Raincoats? Super cute and chic? How about boden? They have a whole section delegated to wet weather wear. (Probably b/c they are a UK-owned company!)

This coat is SUPER cute, and I bet it would look darling on you.

mama llama August 8, 2008 at 8:21 pm

I spent 9 months back in 2001 just across the straits from Copenhagen, in Malmo. August is definitely a wonderful season to be in Denmark. I wish you a splendid, fulfilling and excitement-filled (yet safe) trip!

Be well!

mommypie August 8, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Yippee!! I’m so excited for you!

Valerie August 9, 2008 at 12:10 am

Have fun!! Thanks for writing about this. It gives me hope for the future!

mssinglemama August 9, 2008 at 10:47 am

SWM – I LOVE that coat… so tempted to buy it – $128 for a coat though? But it would probably last me for years… anyway – we have the same taste. That’s for sure.

laura August 9, 2008 at 4:10 pm

boden stuff is great, so chic and so durable. I have a 15% off code if you want to try using it – it’s AC36053. You enter it when they ask for your
“Quick service number” when you’re ready to check out.

Have a wonderful trip : ) !

me August 9, 2008 at 4:50 pm

not sure if it’s a a raincoat or just a coat but it’s adorable and $71

me August 9, 2008 at 4:55 pm

sorry the above link is faulty (why don’t qvc links work?grr) go to qvc.com and enter Jay McCarroll Checkerbox Topper Coat to check it out.

I’m living vicariously through your trip btw, have fun.

mssinglemama August 9, 2008 at 5:18 pm

Laura – WOW … you are awesome! The coat is on a 2 week waiting period though so must turn elsewhere. I’ll surf tonight and definitely check out that QVC coat Me, thank you!

Leslie August 12, 2008 at 10:30 am

Yay! What a great opportunity for an adventure! And if anything else should happy then so be it hehe Can’t wait for the pictures!