Lance and Kate Split!

by mssinglemama on July 30, 2008

So much for our hot Hollywood single parent couple. Kate Hudson and Lance Armstrong broke up. Sad. They were together for 3 months. Here’s an excerpt from the article in US Magazine:

“There was no drama or ugliness – They just decided to end things,” a source close to the couple tells Us. “There is no hatred, just sadness.”

The pair quickly became inseparable with sightings of them in Austin, New York and Los Angeles – though both dodged questions about their relationship.”

They decided to call it quits after a weekend conference in Ohio.  Armstrong’s twin girls are seven and his son is nine. Hudson’s son, Ryder, is just four.

1. Hollywood’s single parent couple?
  2. Celebrity Single Mom of the Month? Moi?

cisforcow July 30, 2008 at 11:32 am

So D-listed has a funnier version of this story…

and sadly , i must agree with it….3 months is not enough time to involve your kids with your fuc…um, er “friend”. It took me a year to start dating after my last break up and even then no one has met my son.
Is that just me?

SingleWorkingMommy July 30, 2008 at 11:58 am

I agree, C. Three months? Way too early.

I used to like both of them, now I am not feeling the love. At all.

Katie July 30, 2008 at 5:41 pm

Well, I am not surprised. Saw that one coming from a mile away. I am going to plead the fifth as far as introducing your kids that early.

mssinglemama July 30, 2008 at 6:00 pm

Well, we only know of one instance where Lance met Ryder and his father was there – on Father’s Day. If the entire family is there, in a cook-out atmosphere, I can’t see a problem with it.

We just don’t know enough.

And I’m sure he meets new people every day, given that his mom is a celebrity. I’m a HUGE fan of Kate’s so have trouble judging her without knowing much at all about the inner workings of that relationship. You know?

Here’s my post on when to introduce him to the kids (wrote this when Benjamin was just a teeny tot though) everything is changing now.

Katie July 30, 2008 at 6:26 pm

Oh, well I really think it depends on the adults in the situation. I met my boyfriend’s kids about two weeks into us dating and he met Henry about three weeks in, but we had a discussion about the significance of meeting the children before hand and what the fallout of that would be. I’m glad I did though, I love his kids. We were lucky though, all the kids get along and we both like each other’s kids.

I just think that she was rebounding and that he isn’t looking to settle down right now.

mssinglemama July 30, 2008 at 6:29 pm

Oh yeah … didn’t think they were a long-term match either. Not sure why…

You were lucky – what if you didn’t like each other’s kids? Can totally happen, right?

Katie July 30, 2008 at 6:34 pm

Totally, I was nervous cause he was the first person that I dated that I was willing to introduce Henry to and I was the first person he has ever introduced his kids to (and hopefully the last) . I figured I would like his kids but it did take the girls (identical twins) to come around and I still am trying with his son. I take his son and Henry to do boy stuff every once in a while and that has helped. I also think the kids being close in age was helpful.

spatulahandle July 30, 2008 at 11:29 pm

My kids took to my husband when I first met him and they took to him… his daughter was 18 when I met him and lived in another state. I have been with my husband for 5 years, married to him for 4. I met his daughter this past May. She is 24 now, and acted like she was 5, maybe younger with the baby talk( I hungry, I thirsty, I tired, I full and put a little whine in it). She drove me nuts while she was here. She brought all of her stuffed animals with her all the way from Missouri and 5 suitcases for a five day stay. She stayed in a motel 25 miles from out house even though I sent her info on motels that were close to us. She had a completely insane agenda that included going to a huge zoo and aquarium\biopark and a BBQ in one day, another day we went to Old Town (in Albuquerque) where I was completely ignored while they had a father\daughter picture taken, which was her whole purpose in going there (I was half tempted to leave her, her husband and my husband there to fend for themselves but was nice and didn’t) and then we went to ride the Sandia Tram (where I was tempted to push her over the cliff, but didn’t) then I had to go pick up my kids from school at 3 and go home. After that she decided she wanted to go bowling . She threw a fit when I wanted to go with my husband and her to visit my sister in law (who lives 2 hours away) and that is when the sh** hit the fan. She was very disrespectful of me the whole time she was here and had her husband and her dad on her case before it was over…it was not a good first impression. I could go on but I won’t, the whole thing was a nightmare. I know this was about little kids and a parents new girlfriend\boyfriend, but I couldn’t resist. I think things go much better when the kids are introduced to the girlfriend\boyfriend when they are young…though not everyone is as immature as my step daughter was.

mssinglemama July 31, 2008 at 12:09 am

Katie – yeah, a huge age difference would be tough. Something to definitely think about – when and if I have to cross that bridge. Until then, thanks for sharing your story – lots of insight for me because I’ve never been in a relationship with a single dad. Very curious about it though.

Spatula – I read your post backwards and thought you were talking about a 5 year old. SHE’S 24!!! And she acts like that? Another perspective I know nothing about. I’m 29 though … and Kris is 24. That’s just inexusable.

ella July 31, 2008 at 12:28 am

Spatula: I’m 23 and I would never even imagine acting like that! Being a young single, but not solo mom probably matured me a bit but then again I didn’t act that way when I was a kid either.

Katie July 31, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Yeah, single dads are pretty awesome. It is actually really kind of sexy to me that he is such a good dad, and they aren’t even my kids, lol. I guess because I have such a bad comparison, that he just shines. KWIM.