Single mom for sale!

by mssinglemama on June 30, 2008

It’s not easy to meet good men, especially for busy single moms.

I barely have time to shower, let alone go man hunting. We can’t go out three nights a week like our childless counter parts and if we do meet a man in the coffee shop, at the park or on a fluke night out we usually have to wait at least one week before we can squeeze in a date.

A single mom, so desperate for a “prince charming” (her words) is actually auctioning herself and her home off on eBay and Craigslist. The price? $500,000. Deven Trabosh, 42, has two daughters ages 14 and 21. After years of being single she’s thrown in the towel and has decided to sell herself, a bonus to buying her house in Florida.

“I’m struggling…I don’t want to lose my house and I want to find somebody. So I came up with this dream plan because I’ve always dreamt about being a fairytale princess,” she says.

I love the internet and everything it brings us … connecting all of us, allowing us to sell just about anything – but selling yourself? Being a single mom isn’t that bad, is it?

eBay forced her to take her ad down but she’s still getting plenty of responses including one from an Italian who is flying in to meet her. Check out the entire story here.

What do you think? Her 21-year-old daughter says she doesn’t mind but the 14-year-old is embarrassed by her mom’s actions. I wish her luck, I really do … if someone wants to find a husband than more power to them – but selling yourself and your family?

P.S. Anyone want to put money on the fact that Devon Trabosh will have a realty TV show soon?

Other posts you might like:

[Photo credit: Associated Press]

1. Single Mom S.O.S. – Explaining a Break Up
  2. Help! Major Single Mama Decision…
  3. I LOVE being a single mom.
  4. The two bravest single moms I know.
  5. Single Mom S.O.S.: Her ex wants full custody!

{ 1 trackback }

Losing you has been quite the gain… | DatingWithaSecret.com
May 23, 2012 at 11:18 pm

davidrochester June 30, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Um.

I guess I’m wondering how much the house appraised for.

mssinglemama June 30, 2008 at 9:40 pm

HA!! You’re funny David!!! I think it’s around 200K. : ) Might be in that article.

littlemansmom June 30, 2008 at 10:23 pm

I heard about this too…I think it’s hilarious! Mind you…I have to wonder if she’s selling herself short….

mssinglemama June 30, 2008 at 10:30 pm

That’s what I was thinking… I would have asked for at least 10 million. : ) At least…

Jim Everson July 1, 2008 at 1:00 am

10 million? Hmm. I’m going to need a bigger piggy bank.

whatmenthink July 1, 2008 at 1:37 am

Selling yourself for money? Theres a term for that…

I understand why her daughter is embarrassed.

Dan July 1, 2008 at 7:47 am

fer reals?.. but wait…April 1st was already many, many weeks ago..

mssinglemama July 1, 2008 at 8:12 am

No…I think it’s for reals Dan. I thought this was a hoax too, but it’s been on my news wires …

WMT – yeah, it is like prostitution but she gets to choose the husband and Jim – keep dreaming! : )

Leslie July 1, 2008 at 9:18 am

Eh? I’d be more than embarrassed, she’s basically selling her kid in the deal, I’d probably ask to move away.

I think I’d rather downgrade the house and keep my soul lol.

SingleWorkingMommy July 1, 2008 at 11:57 am

I think it’s utterly ridonkulous. She sounds like a real piece of work.

In the longer article, the author called her “Barbie-esque” and said she was “teetering around her home in heels.”

Ugh.

And like Leslie, I worry about her poor daughter.

kit4real July 1, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Yeah I am in agreement about the embarrassed part, I am embarrassed for her. And yes, 10 million does sound closer to what I would find my life worth…. I mean come on! Well perhaps she can get enough exposure to start up her real estate business again… unless the Italian proves to be her “true love.” But I do wish her the best; and pray I never find myself that desperate!

PB Gardens guy July 1, 2008 at 12:38 pm

She’s very well known around here for being a flake. I feel sorry for the Italian. He has no idea… From someone with experience.

PB Gardens guy July 1, 2008 at 12:44 pm

She had a match account with 30 self pictures in almost every pose imaginable.. Hopefully a psychiatric doctor will have an interest.

mssinglemama July 1, 2008 at 12:48 pm

Oh wow … PB – you know her?

Yes, I think we can all conclude that she’s nuts.

PB Gardens guy July 1, 2008 at 12:56 pm

You know… She was a nice girl.. But she has always TRIED too hard. Overboard on the surgeries and the dating websites. If she would have stuck to who she was 5 years ago I’m sure she would have found someone of substance by now.

PB Gardens guy July 1, 2008 at 1:01 pm

I think single woman around the world can take a class from her on what NOT to do. I do wish her luck… But I think the Italian will be sadly dissapointed in a matter of a few dates. Oh.. And I should throw out this discaimer… We dated a few years back and I walked away. Definitely not a disgruntled ex boyfriend here.

TreeMama July 1, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Yow! I get lonely, but I don’t know if I could put a price on it. I have to wonder what you are looking for when you offer yourself up for sale for that amount.

You have to stop and think about what type of men are going to respond?

I agree the reality show won’t be too far away.

pisceshanna July 1, 2008 at 1:47 pm

OMG This is nuts! I swear one day EVERYONE will have their own reality show. And yeah PB Gardens guy, she totally looks like a plastic surgery addict. How sad, and come on, what happened to dignity? grace? I thought Colorado was filled with a bunch of gun-lovin nutcases but DAMN Florida really puts the crazies on the map too!

Trabosh relative July 2, 2008 at 8:20 am

I am a relative and it is really sad. She is selling herself short. Somewhere along the way she got the idea that everyone wanted someone shallow. How sad. She is such a good person inside but she lost her way. Now, she is 46 and a financial mess and trying to figure out a way to live her life. She needs way too much attention. I don’t think its even possible for 1 person to make her happy.

PB Gardens guy July 2, 2008 at 11:29 am

Trabosh relative…If you are close to her I would probably start reaching out to her now. I’m thinking this is going to blow up in her face and she is going to feel worse. Especially alienating herself in her own town. I would hate to think what she might be thinking her next option could be. Your right though… There was a time when she had it together. Everyone gets sidetracked now and again and she needs someone close to reel her in.

osolomama July 2, 2008 at 1:41 pm

Piceshanna, I think each person having her own reality show is exactly what Warhol predicted when he talked about the 15 minutes of fame–back in 1968!

AlLaf July 2, 2008 at 2:25 pm

well, she’s good looking so she’ll find a buyer for sure

ghfghfgh August 9, 2010 at 7:03 pm

mom for sale 50 cents

steve March 19, 2014 at 9:56 pm

you still going out

free August 9, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Mom for sale-Free!!!!!!!!

renovating your home tips September 1, 2014 at 11:03 am

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay.
I’m definitely enjoying yoiur blog and look forward to new updates.

Beth December 10, 2014 at 6:33 am

Ummm, a busy mom – I don’t think so. Wakes up late & takes 2 hours to spakle on the make – up. How do I know? I’m one of women with the foolish husband who bought into this crap.
And BTW, she lives on food stamps ( your tax dollars), gets men to pay for her daughters’ expenses ( great role model right?), face lift & boob job and is an identity thief. I know. She harressed me online and tried to blackmail my husband. Not enough that the fool paid her credit cards, sent her & her daughters on trips , paid for cosmetic surgery & trashy clothes and, get this, vaginal tightening cream! and took care of her legal issues.
Some people r so stupid & attracted to trash.