New friends = good times.

by mssinglemama on June 27, 2008

1. Julie and Zoe are on their way over. We’re headed to a music festival. Last Monday night we both went out (coincidentally our exes both have our kids on Monday nights). We were eating out when the Architect called me … and not her. I didn’t call him back and we spent most of the evening pondering why men are such idiots sometimes. But now she says she’s hooked on asking them out instead of waiting.

2. I’m flying to San Francisco for 4th of July weekend to meet three of my new blogging friends Rachel Sarah (Single Mom Seeking), Morgan Siler (i Heart Single Parents) and Jim Everson (Depot Dad). I’m freaking out with excitement to get a break, to see San Francisco again and to meet all three of them – each of whom has touched my life in so many ways through their friendships. Finally we’ll all get to meet face to face! I’ll be reporting back with some fresh videos and pictures.

3. Benjamin has flushed the toilet three times now (I’m sure my toilet paper roll died a slow death to make this post possible) and Julie just pulled up. So….

Cheers my single parents! XOXO to all of you.

P.S.

I’ll be announcing the flat iron winner Sunday night.

1. Wild times.
  2. Can single moms have married friends?
  3. Help! Major Single Mama Decision…
  4. Single Mom Night Out

{ 1 trackback }

Saturday Successes « Modern Single Momma
June 29, 2008 at 4:50 am

pisceshanna June 27, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Hahah I think its the unofficial “Single Mom Vacation Week.” Wish I could be roadtripping right about now too.

Jessica June 27, 2008 at 10:51 pm

I am a soon to be new single mama… me and the DH are going through our separation period… and well… it’s nice to know that I won’t end up an old spinster, and I can still get out there and have fun! Your blog rocks! And I look forward to reading it all the time. =)

ps Have fun out there in San Francisco!!

Jim Everson June 28, 2008 at 1:17 am

San Francisco is ready. The forest fires have quieted down. The weather stopped being so blisteringly hot, and wouldn’t you know it, there are all these beautiful locations and happening hot spots just waiting for you.
See you soon!

modernsinglemomma June 28, 2008 at 1:54 am

We ARE soul sisters, Alaina!
and I can wait for San Fran. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.
Thank you for the comment on my blog.
Here is what we need to do: meet up in a lucid dream and do some flying. I always love flying when I realize I am dreaming…no matter what I am doing, the moment I become lucid I test it by running, and leaping into the air…fully enjoying the possibility of flight.

See you next Sat at the airport if not before in a dream =)

Dan June 28, 2008 at 4:57 am

can’t wait to find out what sorts of adventures, y’all are gonna get into in NorCal. i’m sure it’ll be hella fun