Sick Thoughts.

by mssinglemama on June 5, 2008

I’m sick. Can’t write much because my brain is going to explode…but I do have some sick thoughts to share, not really sick thoughts, but thoughts I’m having as I sit here – sick.

1. Barack Obama could be the first President of the United States who was raised by a single mother. There are no words for that one. Any one know of any other Presidents raised by single moms? I have been wondering lately about the history of single parents … how often our stories were left out of history books because of shame or that Scarlet Letter. Ronald Regan was a single dad after he divorced his first wife Jane, but he met Nancy less than one year later … not sure if that counts.

2. Benjamin’s tooth will be fine. Dead … but fine. Not sure how dead teeth can be fine, but I’ll take a dead tooth over no tooth any day.

3. I want to buy a bike with a baby seat on the back so Benjamin and I can just ride and ride.

4. Benjamin’s father’s car might not be running next Monday. The last time his car broke down we didn’t see him for 6 weeks.

5. I mailed in my passport renewal today! The countdown to Copenhagen has officially begun … just a little over 8 weeks away now.

6. In one of many sweet e-mails from the Dane he asked me how he could spot single moms… now he’s looking at mothers in a completely different light! SO adorable! I’m telling you – dating a single mom is really amazing for men – we are refreshing, we are real and we raise some pretty amazing kids. But as for spotting us out of a crowd of moms? Look for a wedding ring or dress up your kid in a t-shirt from iHeartSingleParents.comMorgan and Clare, iHeart’s founders are sending me a t-shirt for Benjamin that says – “My Mom is Single – Ask Her Out.” Can’t wait to get it!

Those are my sick thoughts. I HATE being sick.

1. My toothless child.
  2. Do day care bugs ever end?

singlemomseeking June 6, 2008 at 12:31 am

Take care of yourself babe!… Sleep, drink tea. We need you!

Liz June 6, 2008 at 7:49 am

Sorry to hear you’re sick!

On the bike thing — Look for a seat that sits in front of you (between the seat on the bike and the handlebars). It’s a lot easier to balance and is supposedly safer for the child. And have fun! Once you’re not sick anymore, that is.

shannon June 6, 2008 at 10:15 am

The t-shirt for Benjamin sounds adorable! I love that idea.
Also, hope you feel better soon.
I had one of the tow behind things for my bike, and Miss B used to bring books in it and read on our long rides.

Alexis June 6, 2008 at 10:43 am

Can’t stand the sick thoughts myself sometimes…but we all get em and they will go away. I’m looking for a bike too this weekend! I have the baby seat- just need the bike. My little dude and I will both love the feeling of freedom as we ride and ride- can’t wait!

The Queen Chimes In June 6, 2008 at 10:51 am

So sorry you are sicky!
I hate being sick too.
I am looking for a bike for this summer too.
So the kids and I can ride and ride and ride!
Check craigslist.
Amazing deals there from what I’ve seen.
Feel better soon.

Tonya June 6, 2008 at 12:14 pm

Aw. Hope you feel better soon.

I agree about the biking. I LOVE it. It’d be fun to know other single parents who bike too.

I like the Obama thoughts too.

And YAY for the Dane. He sounds so awesome….*sigh*

whatmenthink June 6, 2008 at 1:28 pm

Thats an awesome shirt for your son! hahaha I’m sure it will be a hot item very soon.

My single mother dating experience has come to an abrupt end. =( It was a great relationship and I think dating single mothers brings a whole new level of maturity to dating. Unfortunately, sometimes timing is everything… Don’t want to divulge more than that.

littlemansmom June 6, 2008 at 2:59 pm

Ohhhhh…feel better luv…….darn spring colds…

I had one of the bikes with the seat. Littleman loved the wind in his face! Mommie loved the workout…but did NOT love the numb-bum when I first started riding it! LOL

Sparkling Mama June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm

Sickness and single motherhood do not mix!

Feel better soon!!

Ms. Single Mama June 6, 2008 at 9:44 pm

Tks for the bike tips and the well wishes…not sure if this is allergies, a cold or both…

WMT- sorry to hear that, did you meet her son or daughter? If it was “abrupt” I just always worry for the kids. And yes timing is everything single mom or not.

modernsinglemomma June 9, 2008 at 7:48 pm

I hope you are feeling better!
Gosh something must have been in the air, or the tomatoes!
I’m out of my pukey fog…but it definitely took one night of hellllll!0

Can’t wait to see Benjamin in the t-shirt ….be there in a few weeks!
Has your iheart tee arrived yet? Jim got his yesterday…..he is going to loook so cute in it! And you, my darling are going to look hotttt! =)

Ms. Single Mama June 10, 2008 at 8:47 am

Thank goodness you’re feeling better …. I wasn’t that sick, just for one night and one day. Much better now.

I got the t-shirt!!! Can’t wait to get Benjamin’s. I’ll take pics.