From Doomsday to Hot Single Dads.

by mssinglemama on May 28, 2008

You know when I wish I had a man the most? Every time I pick up a newspaper.

Because …
President Bush on the Cover of Time Magazine.

It might be nice to have a man around to do the heavy lifting, the fighting or the hunting when shit hits the fan. Seriously. I’m scared.

Most of us single moms aren’t rolling in money and when gas prices go up to $4.00 a gallon – it hurts. Not even to mention the price of groceries, housing and health care. I just worry about it, that’s all. Forget the face on this magazine cover – it could be any one of their faces – they’ve all left us in this cluster.

I wish Kris wouldn’t have pet my cats so much. Because when my day as a single working mom is over, the last thing I want to do is:

Freak out when I read a newspaper

WHILE

Getting rubbed up on and meowed at by my now spoiled cats.

Sorry for the gloom and doom.

If you need a single mommy topic there’s a very hot one going on at iHeart. Yesterday I asked all of the members to vent about their ex spouses or partners. Check out “Single Mamas vs. Single Papas”! The discussion topic has 47 responses and counting. If you have any ex-issues, you’ll definitely relate.

BTW: There are quite a few very hot and very adorable single dads on iHeart now. So the world can’t be all that bad? Right?

[Photo Credit: Ralph Deeds]

1. Single motherhood – turns out, not so easy, but not so tough either.
  2. The two bravest single moms I know.
  3. Single Mama Signing Off (for a few days)
  4. How to Date a Single Mom, Part 2
  5. Two new single mama bloggers you have to meet.

sparklingmama May 29, 2008 at 9:39 am

The price of gas is frightening! It’s $4.05 here.

Hot single dads? I’ll have to check that out!!

Dawn May 29, 2008 at 10:40 am

Hot single dads….MUhahahahahaha,…

mssinglemama May 29, 2008 at 10:59 am

That’s what I’m saying … hubba, hubba – go get ‘em ladies!

iHeart is so cool b/c you can see what the men are writing in discussion topics, so you get a good feel for who they are.

Dawn May 29, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Ya know…partly because I’m so busy with school…and mostly because I’m lazy, I don’t get over there that much. I really need to spend time over there more.

The Queen Chimes In May 29, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Hot single dads?!?!
…do they do heavy lifing, use fire arms and hunt in major-world-shut-down crisis???
Sounds like a great deal to me:)

Jaclyn May 30, 2008 at 5:07 pm

Gas is $4.05 to $4.14 here (Michigan). I just down-sized in Feb to a smaller car. I can’t imagine what I //would// be paying right now in a ’93 Aerostar. I pay $40.00 (at least) for 10 gallons.

Look up ‘World’s Most Fuel Efficient Car’ in a search engine (its Volkswagon) that can get 285 mpg, or the VW Lupo, which gets over 100 mpg. The Europian Union has been making fuel efficient cars for years now, due to the high cost of gas there. Sure, they pay around $7 – $8 dollars, but they get a lot of GO out of their vehicles.

And then we have the Big 3 (don’t hate me because I live in a suburb of Detroit) that refuse to manufacture more fuel efficient vehicles or alternative renewable fuels. There is legislature in the works for 2010 to make the standard be 35 mpg. That’s a ridiculously low standard, especially with gas prices continuing to rise. I’ve been reading reports about it being $5.00 by the end of the summer, and rumors about $6.00 being close around the corner after that.

They can make cars that run on almost anything (if you don’t believe me, look it up) — water, battery, hybrid, biofuels, even GARBAGE (though that one probably isn’t too great for the environment, what with emissions and all). They’ve known this for decades…and yet they want to make money off of all of us and continue to produce vehicles that Europeans laugh at us for and anger many countries because of the amount of energy we consume as a nation and the damage to our environment we’ve inflicted.

I’m not a big tree-hugger, but hasn’t anyone noticed the climate crisis? They are going too slowly in modeling our vehicles and transportation after the EU.

I better stop, because when I’m paying $80 a week in gas…I tend to have diatribes against the greedy corporations who are suckling all me and my daughter’s money away in gas.

mssinglemama May 31, 2008 at 12:07 am

Jacyln … tree huggers or not … .soon, we are all going to have to start figuring this all out. THANK YOU for your addition to this post.

Valerie June 1, 2008 at 11:25 pm

I pay over $80 a week in gas too. I am going to court for child support on Tuesday so hopefully that will help. I did it through the state of Illinois child support enforcement website http://www.ilchildsupport.com.