How to get a toddler into the bath.

by mssinglemama on May 25, 2008

1. Tell toddler his or her microscopic plastic monkey wants to ride in a boat. Hint: Make monkey whisper in your ear. Act alarmed and sad when plastic monkey tells you he’s never, ever been in a boat before.
  2. Ask toddler if he or she knows where the monkey can find a boat.
  3. Remind toddler of the toy boat in the bath tub.
  4. Bonus: tell toddler the monkey also wants to help wash his or her hair!
  5. Toddler will lead you by the hand to the tub, his or her jaw will hang open upon the realization that small plastic monkeys can whisper in Mommy’s ear.

Photo Evidence: Sorry it’s blurry, I was giggling.

See the little monkey???

He’s there, in the center of the white thing. HILARIOUS. Benjamin would check on him every few minutes, just to make sure the monkey was having a fine time in his boat.

1. Boyfriend + toddler + work = tired single mama
  2. Toddler-free (for one week?)
  3. Adventures in Potty Training
  4. House hunting and man hunting?

sparklingmama May 25, 2008 at 2:39 pm

I have the opposite problem. I have to trick my kids to get them out of the tub!

That monkey does look quite happy in his little boat ;)

mssinglemama May 25, 2008 at 3:03 pm

Benjamin loves bath time, but if he’s outside playing – convincing him to get inside is like pulling teeth.

Isn’t that monkey so cute? Stupid little thing, he carries it around every where.

singleworkingmommy May 25, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Too freakin’ cute!

I wish my Son had a little lovey like monkey. I think it’s so cute. He’s never even taken a pacifier. He’s starting to grow attached to a blankie, but only at bedtime.

And same with my boy. He loves his bath, as long as it doesn’t interrupt “OUTSIDE!” time. Otherwise we have full-on meltdown mode. I wonder if blankies like baths, too?

debra May 25, 2008 at 8:07 pm

You’re a genius! Tub tricks and the $129 hair dryer yesterday, and I think you’re my new hero! :)

guccigirl99 May 25, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Hey Alaina,

When Gracie went through her anti-bath stage, we discovered bath crayons. Truly a godsend! As long as we have them, she is very willing to get in the tub for a scrub, no matter what ekse is going on!

Rebs May 25, 2008 at 10:07 pm

Bath crayons are big at our house too.

The Mook also loves the opportunity to wash my feet if I sit on the toilet and put my feet in the tub.

O.V. May 26, 2008 at 1:26 am

Forget about the toddler. What do I need to do to get YOU into the bath? ::just kidding::

PamSansour May 26, 2008 at 6:33 am

I always found that my two spawn responded well to bathing in the magic water….. we have SPECIAL magic bathwater, in that it gives them an invisible forcefield when their finished, warding off potential bad dreams…..I had WAY too much time on my hands.
Love your blog!

littlemansmom May 26, 2008 at 9:47 am

When littleman went through his ‘no bath’ phase, I grabbed one if those bubble blowers…you know the ones that has batteries and blowes bubbles out continuously…He LOVED taking a ‘bubble’ bath!

mssinglemama May 30, 2008 at 1:00 pm

Rebs – tried bath crayons – but for some reason, they wouldn’t scrub easily off of my tiles. Maybe I have too much bath scum or something.

Pam – that is an AWESOME idea

LMM – bubble blower, another awesome idea. We just played with one at a friends house last night, I’d never thought about bringing one into the bath.

O.V. – my bath is only big enough for one adult! Sorry!