The Blogger Gods…

by mssinglemama on May 21, 2008

Have a wicked sense of humor.

One week ago I told Prince Charming To Kiss My Ass. And three days later, the Blogger Gods dumped one on my doorstep. And then five days later, they took him away.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot. Nice way to torture a poor, lonely single mom. I wasn’t lonely before he got here, I was just fine – trucking along my merry little way. And then – poof – there was a man here, in my apartment, cooking, cleaning up, playing with Benjamin, letting me rest, making me laugh, annoying me (just a little) and then looking at me like I was a queen.

What in the hell was that? And how do I forget that it ever happened?

P.S.

I’m sure the said loneliness is just a temporary side effect of having a man suddenly thrust into my life. Should be back to normal soon. And I would write more, but I’m exhausted. But I will give this story the credit it’s due … soon. In the meantime, I’ll be pondering simple twists of fate and catching up on my sleep.

What happens when fate throws you for a loop? I usually just ride it out … and hang on tight, but I never let go of the steering wheel. Us single moms don’t have that luxury.

1. Single Mom Dating Tips, Part 2
  2. Strangers on a plane.

Kat Wilder May 22, 2008 at 12:32 am

I think the best thing to do is — revel in the moment. Nothing is forever, people come and go as easily (and sometimes as painfully) as thoughts … or headaches.

That doesn’t diminish the fact that you experienced it, for however brief it was.

jonathan May 22, 2008 at 2:09 am

Just found your blog through a random string of connections. I’m a single blogging dad but I guess I have never thought of myself as a single blogging dad. I guess I just thought of myself as a guy who blogs. Anyway, interesting and refreshing to stumble into your community (right word for this?). Enjoyed several of your posts. Thanks!

Alexis May 22, 2008 at 6:39 am

Life is made of memories…the more wonderful they are the more beautiful our minds become. Keep the memory of the Dane in your mind to make you smile and to make you remember about the Prince Charmings of the world. And probably… the blogger gods gave you the Dane cause you really needed him at the time- and ya never know…he could be given back!

mssinglemama May 22, 2008 at 7:26 am

Alexis and Kat …. wow…. love your advice. Life is made of memories, the more wonderful they are the more beautiful our minds become. And yes, maybe the Blogger Gods were being nice!

Jonathan … it is a bit of a community – can’t wait to check out your blog!

littlemansmom May 22, 2008 at 9:25 am

Ahhhhhhh…..you’ve got to love fate! Nothing like turning a corner and running smack dab in the middle of something/someone unexpected! I say accept it for what it is, revel in the positives it gives you and keep your head up high. Fate is there for a reason, albeit that reason may not be discovered right away, but eventually it all comes together. :)

shannon May 22, 2008 at 10:33 am

Fate has the biggest surprises-gifts usually, and it almost always comes out right in the end if you just let it run it’s course. Although I’ve got to admit, you are keeping me more in suspense about the Dane than the most recent LOST cliffhanger!

dadshouse May 22, 2008 at 1:04 pm

Definitely embrace the moment. But why not keep carrying that feeling you had when the Dane was visiting? Maybe you’ll attract someone just like him into your life.

Dan May 22, 2008 at 8:01 pm

..I was just fine – trucking along my merry little way. And then – poof –..

ooohh yaaa- so, on a Saturday couple of weeks ago, I got in late to the group campground and everyone was already off exploring the woods. So, I happily set off by myself down some trail- like I have been doing for the last 4 years since the divorce: never feeling lonely- joint custody, supportive family, tons of friends, great job, karaoke till 4, closing the clubs in Vegas, bombing down singletracks, paddling in rough or smooth waters, meditating for hours- no one botherin’ me, no one checkin’ on me- lovin’ da single life. Next day, we were all busy cleaning up camp; I asked out loud who’s stuff was left on the camp table and Her son piped up that it was theirs. A short ways behind him, She smiled and repeated him, and got back to some task. I didn’t think anything of it at all (well, cute…(uh, oh)) The camp vacated, we all went out separate ways. I ended up at the beach, and lo and behold- who was there also- (uh, oh). So, it’s been quite the 2 months- hours on the phone, she cooked/I washed the dishes, lost track of time hiking that she missed her dental appointment, birthday flowers, late nite diner, talking till the wee of the morn, telling me I was suffocating her, backing off, surprise text at the airport, Mother’s Day flowers, talked more after waking up, trinkets from Hawaii, outrigger paddle, our kids (hers and mine) chasing each other, grocery shopping, calling me after a stressful, tearful day- so, it’s been quite a ride. I jumped in wave and I’m letting it carry me where it takes me, it’s hard to fight it- couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat, stomach all in knots- friggin’ dopamine starting to wear off, but she’s still campin’ in my noggin’. so, hopefully a movie this Saturday, and lining up to take the kids to an oyster farm some weekend.

Valerie May 22, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Maybe it was fate telling you that there are guys out there that will help you around the house, enjoy playing with your son, and give you much needed attention. I have a hard time wrapping my head around that. I haven’t dated anyone since my son’s father left 5 months ago, but I guess I have some hope.

kumkum19 August 6, 2008 at 6:25 am

GOD IS GREAT.HAVE FAITH ON HIM. YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL AND INNOCENT IN YOUR PHOTOGRAPH I M SURE VERY SOON U VL MEET YOUR SOUL MATE. NIGHT DARKNESS IS ALWAYS FOLLOWED BY SUN RAYS HAVE PATIENCE AND smile..smile…and smile.