Prince Charming can kiss my ass

by mssinglemama on May 14, 2008

Once upon a time, I was in love with my son’s father.

At the beginning, he would make me breakfast every morning. He would hold me tight and whisper sweet nothings into my ear. We couldn’t get enough of each other. The sexy french accent didn’t help either. And when he told me it was “Magic” I believed him. I still believe that. It was magic because we were supposed to make Benjamin.

My little prince charming.

Today, for the first time ever, he told me that he loves me.

“I uuvvv ooooh.”

I uv oooh too, Benjamin.

And if I could do it again. If I had to do it all over again, I would. Because you are my everything. And your toes are pretty damn cute too.

When you’ve already got one prince, can you make room for two? Did you ever believe in a Prince Charming? I know I did. I think I still do. Damn you Disney.

1. To find a prince you might have to kiss a lot of frogs.
  2. The best kiss I’ve ever had…
  3. Why we kiss and how to kiss.
  4. Being a Single Mom With a Glass Half Full
  5. Single Mom Night Out

jonnysoundsketch May 14, 2008 at 12:13 am

I don’t know about Prince Charming, but my son and I love the movie…if that’s any comfort.

SingleMomSeeking May 14, 2008 at 2:15 am

I LOVE the new look!!

Red Wine Gums May 14, 2008 at 7:55 am

Love the new look and Benjamin sounds pretty awesome :-)

Tracy May 14, 2008 at 9:15 am

The new look is simply beau-T-ful!!!!!!

As for price charming…my little man is pretty charming himself, I’m still hoping there is a bigger version out there for me somewhere!

shannon May 14, 2008 at 9:25 am

Oh my God. I can’t believe this post made me cry. I’m so with you on that one. I felt that way about B’s Daddy. But then again, if you read my Chapters session on my blog, you know that. I try to stay away from him now.
I don’t really believe in Prince Charming anymore-I’m jaded. But I did get remarried and he’s pretty darn great. I just don’t have such lofty expectations now. I need to do a post on how single parenting changes our views on relationships. I was thinking about it on the drive in to work. I also want to do one on whether monogamy really exists anymore.

kelly007 May 14, 2008 at 9:58 am

Love the new site…such a gorgeous purple up at the top.

Love your post. Funny how THE BEST THINGS can come from crappy situations. I think I will die when my little one tells me he loves me for the first time. It’s moments like that which show us true magic. :)

debra May 14, 2008 at 10:18 am

MSM….you will be pleased to learn that hearing your son say he loves you becomes no less amazing after the 400th time than it was the first! Here is to wonderfully sweet little boys!

jon b May 14, 2008 at 10:24 am

The little guy copies what I do and say to Courtney, it is too funny. He now will rub the side of her face and say “Luv you Mommy” in his high pitched little voice, it is too cute. He is definitely her little prince.

Although you have never seen a tantrum like the one he threw last night when we wouldn;t let him play outside…lord jesus…

The Queen Chimes In May 14, 2008 at 10:28 am

I LOVE THE CHANGES!
Beautiful look and easier navigation what more could us readers want!

On the topic of Prince Charming…I can still remember the first times I heard my babies say I UV EW! There is no nicer sound.

I agree with Tracy! I do also hope there is a bigger version of PC in my future but for now it is nice to have a hand in creating a boy who will someday be some lucky girls Prince Charmin.

Lauren May 14, 2008 at 10:46 am

How cute!

I think I still believe in a Prince Charming… I just get too impatient to wait for him to appear.

Alexis May 14, 2008 at 11:09 am

Way too adorable for words! My little one has been saying mama for about 2 months…and every time I hear it I melt…when he says the L word- watch out! I too wonder if I will ever be able to make room for 2 PC’s…and I will always believe that I can- just not sure if I am so ready at this moment. As much as I completely love the snuggles, kisses, and hugs from my baby prince…and as much as I am totally busy and always on the go- I long to be in love again with a man prince….and as frustrating as it seems- I know there is a man out there somewhere that can be my PC. Room will be made when he comes. There is always more beauty with love that is let in.

Jaclyn May 14, 2008 at 11:56 am

The site looks really great. Love the purple.

Just wait until he says it completely unprompted. In the last few months, my daughter will just randomly come up to me, snuggle her face into my hair and hug me and say, “I love you so much, Mommy”. I was thrilled the first time I heard ‘Mama’ instead of ‘Mmmmm’ and I was thrilled when she echoed ‘Love oo’ back to me. It just keeps getting better and better. She really knows what love means and so it means so much when she tells me on her own how she feels about me.

chunque May 14, 2008 at 3:17 pm

The trick is to not confuse princely qualities — strength, devotion, honor, humility, etc. for similar d-bag qualities.

Here are a sample:

danyelle May 14, 2008 at 3:44 pm

i completely understand how you feel. my son, now 2, says it all the time and each time, it makes my heart melt. he is the only man in my life and the only man i need (well, boy, but whatever).

Tina May 14, 2008 at 3:44 pm

I can’t wait to hear my baby say that to me! I never even thought of how wonderful that will be. Even more stuff to look forward to…
Prince Charming is real. I believe.

Hanna May 14, 2008 at 4:24 pm

NICE Makeover! My daughter’s “I Wub boo” is so precious, I almost don’t want to correct her pronounciation. Cheers.

amberface May 14, 2008 at 5:33 pm

I believed in Prince Charming as well and then you realized after some time that you married Satan. I love the feeling when my kids tell me that they love me. It tugs at every heart string that I could have. I feel ya…. :-)

toddfromaustin May 14, 2008 at 6:38 pm

very cool blog. btw there is a man made specifically for you. cute pics, your boy is indeed handsome. hope to see you on twitter => toddfromtexas

mssinglemama May 14, 2008 at 9:53 pm

I can’t get over these comments. I wish I had time to write back to each of you … but I’m exhausted. Sigh. I think this is one of my favorite posts now just because of these comments.

Keep ‘em coming…

The Last Spartan May 14, 2008 at 11:21 pm

Our lives become very complicated and sometimes, separating the things that hurt from the things we love is very difficult. It’s like reaching for a beautiful rose. Do you regret being stung by the thorns if the result was the beautiful flower?

I don’t know if it’s fair to make that simplistic of an analogy with regard to an ex, but, I know that of all of the things that make me happy…there were stumbles along the way that are regrettable. That said, it’s the way things fall into place in our lives that gives us the combinations of things that we cherish.

Everything happens for a reason and it sounds as though your little prince is the end result. That really is something to love. It sounds as though you can focus more on the positive that is he than the negative that surrounds his coming to be. That’s always a great start.

Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong…

dadshouse May 15, 2008 at 1:57 am

My kids are teens now, and they still tell me they love me. I hope they never stop. (I still tell them, too.)

Tonya May 15, 2008 at 12:14 pm

Hey! Just found your blog via Single Mom Seeking. I love it!!! What a sweet baby boy too!

I will add you to my blog roll and check back often.

Thanks for blogging!

Tonya May 15, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Oh and by the way, the Prince Charming thing really f&*ks with your head. But, Disney did it to us and are still doing it to my little girls.

I am trying to program it into their heads now, “Who is responsible for your happiness?”

Their answer, “I am!!!”

We’ll see who has more staying power. Me or Mickey.

Legal Editor Mom May 17, 2008 at 2:20 pm

I agree with Tonya (on a few points.)

1. I found your blog through SMS and I really like it!
2. You also have a sweet, adorable child!
3. The Prince Charming thing is just a fairytale. (It may be possible to find someone you’re compatible with and can probably spend time with, but it takes TWO to make a relationship work and it’s darn hard to get out there and try again once you’ve been burned.)
4. I totally agree that people are responsible for their own happiness. No matter what I’m going through on the inside, I don’t let it show to my daughter on the outside. I devote 99.9% of my free time to her and we have a great time! (I am seeing someone currently, but I don’t feel for him what I felt for my husband, and he knows that my child is always my #1.)

It may very well be possible to still find my Prince Charming or Mr. Right instead of Mr. Right Now (LOL), but I’m not pining away or wasting my life waiting around. I’m enjoying it to the fullest!

You have a great blog and I will be checking it out again.

Zandria May 18, 2008 at 3:34 pm

I think it’s possible too, as long as Prince Charming comes with a dose of reality. I know mine is still out there somewhere. :)

Jenny, Bloggess May 27, 2008 at 9:51 am
Carly July 3, 2009 at 11:54 pm

I am writing for the first time. It’s nice to not feel so alone amidst all my married friends. Anyway I am a new single mom. . I could use any advise or tips that you may have. Not only is the father not emotionally ar financially responsible… He hit me when I was 8 months pregnant. I have gotten him charged and convicted of stalking yet he continues to harass me one way or another. I need advice. I know he is just using the baby to try to get out of jail .I cant have him anywhere near her!!!

Rekha April 30, 2011 at 2:00 am

OMG, im a new single mother, my son is 4months old and his father left us when he was born. I love this site. It is heaven sent. It is so hard to be a single mom, I have been feeling like I want some prince charming to come and rescue me but after reading this, I feel better. Thank you for empowering me and please keep writing.

kader July 20, 2011 at 6:05 am

hi how are you
i hop evrthing good with you
adaem12@yahoo.fr