One bitchin’ hang over.

by mssinglemama on April 7, 2008

And this is why.

Single Moms know how to party...

I didn’t drink ALL of those beers…it was actually the shots of tequila that did me in. This picture is just way TOO funny to not share.

Do you ever get out for party nights?  One thing is true of single moms, when we do get a chance to go out – we tend to go a little wild.

As for my wild night, nothing too crazy to report. Just lots and lots of drinking, some good laughs and some much needed girl time. Oh, and I met a single dad who is also a realtor. There’s that kharma for you. So a new house might be in my future.

P.S. Kris and Benjamin had a fantastic time during their little slumber party.

Lauren April 7, 2008 at 3:09 am

Glad you had a fun time!

*sigh* The last time I went wild was last summer — right before I found out I was pregnant. Once I get a little more settled in my mommy role, I have a friend who wants to take me out. Definitely looking forward to that!

I actually spent my 21st birthday pregnant… not exactly how I originally planned to spend that day…

mommypie April 7, 2008 at 8:32 am

Sounds like you had fun! I get to go out weekend after next for my bday and you better believe I’m counting down!

Dawn April 7, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Ohhhh so much fun!!! Glad you had a good time!

liz April 7, 2008 at 1:02 pm

I’m so glad you had a good time!

And I totally agree that we single mamas tend to go a little overboard whenever we finally do get to go out!

QTMama April 7, 2008 at 1:13 pm

That picture is fabulous! LOL I’m glad you had fun, it’s important to get out and let off some steam. 🙂

Shannon April 7, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Love this picture! Just found your blog from Single Mom Seeking’s blog and got caught up in it here at work! I’ll be back and I think I’ll put you on my Blogroll if that’s ok!

Oh yeah, when I was still a single mom and went out, oh yeah…I did go wild. My drink of choice (before I became such a wino) was Grey Goose Citron and Seven.

How did the realtor meeting go? Do elaborate! I met a wine/liquor store owner…how handy! Especially since I married him in January. 😉

milo April 7, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Happy 29th! Hope Benny had as good a time…well, not AS good a time, but you hear me.

Shannon April 7, 2008 at 3:55 pm

I’m going to respond to your comment as it’s own post! I’m sure it’s one of those things that will be answered more and more with time. 🙂 Every day is a new adventure. Step parenting is way more tough for me than single parenting ever was-could it be because my daughter is just so darn much fun?

Hanna April 7, 2008 at 5:59 pm

Does drinking alone while Instant Messaging with your other single mom friends count as partying? hehehe.

randomesq April 7, 2008 at 6:40 pm

I love that picture. It’s awesome. Glad you had a fun night out!

If you don’t already play piano, you should start. You’ve got piano player fingers. 🙂

Leslie April 7, 2008 at 7:38 pm

I take advantage of every birthday and girls night to go a bit wild 🙂 I’ve got a birthday coming up this month too and I’ll definitely enjoy a night out even if it’s with people I pick up on the way (kidding kidding!)

mssinglemama April 7, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Thanks everyone! You guys are too funny! Tks for the well wishes…I think I’m 100% recovered from that hangover now. So, should be writing tonight.

Conclusion = single mamas know how to party! Woo Hoo … and even by phone. : )

Lauren – soon enough, soon enough. I remember that feeling – after my delivery I just wanted to get wasted, but couldn’t if I tried. You know? Funny how that works.

Shannon – wonderful to meet you! Glad you found my blog so I could find yours! P.S. everyone – she’s a single mom who just got married. She’s still a single mama at heart though!

And – the single dad realtor – no romance just a nice connection.

Random – yes, I actually have manhands. Really annoying. No piano but I did play the flute.

randomesq April 8, 2008 at 4:08 am

You don’t have man hands at all. What *&#@ told you that? He may have only been upset because your long, slender fingers made other things seem smaller in comparison.

You’ve nice hands. Thus have I declared.